Who needs your $ more?

Gadawg73

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2009
Georgia
Recently, a neighbor of mine has asked many of us for loans. I offered to buy one of his boats. Not an expensive boat but a small aliminum jon boat. No was his answer. He just needs 10K to get through the next "few" months.
2 Harleys, 2 boats, 2 jet skis, a new Camaro, late model truck and SUV and his wife drives one of those SUV small Lexus is just a small sampleopf his assets.
But according to my neighbor he needs my $ more than I do. Sound familiar?
I am a proponent of many social programs that ACTUALLY help people. However, many of the people that "qualify" under the absurd rules and regulations government bureaucrats set to determine what qualifies as "need" do not need, or deserve, my money more than I do.
Accordingly, the first question that should be asked when government, at the point of a gun, takes my $ is whether the person that will be getting my $ needs it more than me.
Does that person that qualified under some government bureaucrats' rules to get my $ actually have a need greater than my need to take care of my family? Is that program that government has set up that takes my $ to fund it more important than the needs of me and my family?
Now I will await the sewer, standing army,roads, military, police and the other arguments which will correctly be made. But those arguments are moot in this discussion. I am speaking of programs where it is a direct transfer of my $ to someone else that government has determined needs my $ than I do. And thos transfer will be to individuals THAT DO NOTHING OTHER than hold out their hand to get the $ and provide no service.
A thank you would seem appropriate but the sense of entitlement and the lack of pride associated with this mentality has spread like the plague nationally.
What is wrong with someone that has earned their $ objecting to the transfer of that earned income to someone that refuses to work for it or any $.

I have absolutely no sympathy for your neighbor's overly conspicuous consumption.

His problems would be solved by selling some of his stuff.

Standard old Washington, DC answer... They know what's best for you better than you do. If they know what's good for you, then surely they know what is best for everybody else. Doesn't Washington just piss you off these days? As for your friend, tell him to fuck off. Advise him to eat one of those toys when he gets hungry.

Last edited:
Reminds me of the rich celebrities who go bankrupt. For instance, when Mike Tyson went bankrupt they had a long description on what he spent his money on. If you don't want to go bankrupt it's a good idea not to buy the Tigers. And I dont mean the baseball team.

• Thanks
Reactions: blu
$10k he asked from a neighbor? He's got some balls I'll tell you that.

My brother-in-law lives nearby and has a house next to the golf course. He has one of those huge houses that only he and his wife live in. He has a brand new BMW and a brand new in-ground swimming pool and his wife drives a year old Cadiliac. He is always bragging about how much money he makes and it's enough to make you want to puke. He's a real keep up with the Jone's kind of guy. He asked me if he could borrow $5,000 to go on vacation until he could sell some stock. I couldn't stop laughing at him and he got pissed and left. No big deal because I only see him about twice a year anyway and I live less than 5 miles from him.

Standard old Washington, DC answer... They know what's best for you better than you do. If they know what's good for you, then surely they know what is best for everybody else. Doesn't Washington just piss you off these days? As for your friend, tell him to fuck off. Advise him to eat one of those toys when he gets hungry.

Neighbor, not friend.

50 cent almost fell into a similar situation as tyson. luckily he was able to sell some stock from the vitamin water deal or he would have went bankrupt. fucking stupid people buy non-liquid assests and dont keep cash reserves

Recently, a neighbor of mine has asked many of us for loans. I offered to buy one of his boats. Not an expensive boat but a small aliminum jon boat. No was his answer. He just needs 10K to get through the next "few" months.
2 Harleys, 2 boats, 2 jet skis, a new Camaro, late model truck and SUV and his wife drives one of those SUV small Lexus is just a small sampleopf his assets.
But according to my neighbor he needs my $ more than I do. Sound familiar?
I am a proponent of many social programs that ACTUALLY help people. However, many of the people that "qualify" under the absurd rules and regulations government bureaucrats set to determine what qualifies as "need" do not need, or deserve, my money more than I do.
Accordingly, the first question that should be asked when government, at the point of a gun, takes my $ is whether the person that will be getting my $ needs it more than me.
Does that person that qualified under some government bureaucrats' rules to get my $ actually have a need greater than my need to take care of my family? Is that program that government has set up that takes my $ to fund it more important than the needs of me and my family?
Now I will await the sewer, standing army,roads, military, police and the other arguments which will correctly be made. But those arguments are moot in this discussion. I am speaking of programs where it is a direct transfer of my $ to someone else that government has determined needs my $ than I do. And thos transfer will be to individuals THAT DO NOTHING OTHER than hold out their hand to get the $ and provide no service.
A thank you would seem appropriate but the sense of entitlement and the lack of pride associated with this mentality has spread like the plague nationally.
What is wrong with someone that has earned their $ objecting to the transfer of that earned income to someone that refuses to work for it or any $.
Sounds like your friend is most likely a friggin' drug dealer who's supplier cut him off.

Reminds me of the rich celebrities who go bankrupt. For instance, when Mike Tyson went bankrupt they had a long description on what he spent his money on. If you don't want to go bankrupt it's a good idea not to buy the Tigers. And I dont mean the baseball team.
Yeah, Michael Jackson's stupid ass rings a bell also.

Sounds like your friend is most likely a friggin' drug dealer who's supplier cut him off.

how the hell is that the first thing that comes to mind instead of the thousand of legal ways it could happen?
Actually, the first thing that came to mind is that it was probably your typical liberal idiot who can't manage his fucking life!

Second thing that came to mind is that it's probably your stupid liberal ass!:razz:

how the hell is that the first thing that comes to mind instead of the thousand of legal ways it could happen?
Actually, the first thing that came to mind is that it was probably your typical liberal idiot who can't manage his fucking life!

Second thing that came to mind is that it's probably your stupid liberal ass!:razz:

what?

Because cons can always manage their life?:lol:
If he has that many cars, a Harley, and a SUV. My money is on him being a republican.

Forum List

Back