Who needs your $ more?

What is wrong with someone that has earned their $ objecting to the transfer of that earned income to someone that refuses to work for it or any $.
A question best-asked of the average-Teabagger.

palin-money-mouth.jpg

And you added exactly nothing to the conversation whatsoever... your trolling just keeps going and going

To answer the question... there is nothing wrong with wanting to keep more of your own earnings... and there is nothing wrong with an objection to the government playing Robin Hood.... and there is indeed something about equality in treatment by the government... not just the selective equality promoted by the left wingers... equal treatment when it benefits what they want, unequal treatment when it benefits what they want...

I imagine many do need the assistance, but the trouble is there are also many that will abuse any system for their own gain. Thus it has been my opinion that the best way to help the truly needy is though non-profit organizations. The government's role should be simply to encourage their funding through a tax credits and tax deductions for those giving to charities that meet tests for efficency and legitimacy.

I like the idea of non profit organizations being the sole providers of welfare, I just dont believe that they could be the most equitable distributors of assistance.

But that is THEIR MONEY. They earned it.
If someone breaks into your house and attempts to steal your property YOU are going to try and stop them. Why? Because YOU earned the $ to buy your property.
I treat the IRS the same way. The people that the government gives my $ to NEVER EARNED IT.

Paying taxes is the responisbility of every american. Also the rich and corporations have benefited from their hard work as well as the United States government and people providing for and maintaing a system that allows them succeed by providing public goods such as police, a legal system, infrastructure, etc. I will contend that the rich and corporations also utilize these services more than the average person; so them paying more is natural.

I like the idea of non profit organizations being the sole providers of welfare, I just dont believe that they could be the most equitable distributors of assistance.

I do not have a problem with non profits being part of the equation. My only concerns are the amount of overhead and executive salaries in these supposed non-profits.

Also the strings they may put on the distribution of these charities

I do not have a problem with non profits being part of the equation. My only concerns are the amount of overhead and executive salaries in these supposed non-profits.

But the amount of salary and overhead within the government is indeed acceptable to you?

And charity is not OWED to someone.... so 'strings' or qualifications are not inherently a bad thing

And there are indeed resources where you can actually look into the charities you are thinking of supporting... not hard to find

Charity Navigator - America's Largest Charity Evaluator | Home

But the amount of salary and overhead within the government is indeed acceptable to you?

And charity is not OWED to someone.... so 'strings' or qualifications are not inherently a bad thing

And there are indeed resources where you can actually look into the charities you are thinking of supporting... not hard to find

Government overhead is always lower and executive salaries pale by comparison to major charities.

Charity is not "owed" to someone but can be funneled to those of certain faiths or demographics

Government overhead is always lower and executive salaries pale by comparison to major charities.

Charity is not "owed" to someone but can be funneled to those of certain faiths or demographics

Oh how wrong you are...

Government overhead can be huge.. and gets more and more as government expands its red tape and bureaucracy.... I think you really don't realize how much a top government position can indeed make, nor do I think you realize how many people and parts are in government adding more and more to the overhead

Charity Navigator - 10 Highly-Rated Charities with Low Paid CEOs

The person that need your money the most is you.

It does not matter if someone is starving in front of you or in Ethiopia!

It does not matter if some one lost their homes due to foreclosure or to a natural disaster!

The person that NEED your money the most is you and has always been you.

It is your property and you have sole authority over it and once you are convinced a part belongs to someone else is the moment that you become a slave to some one else. Your money helps economically liberate you from others in society. It helps acquire goods and services that you need or want. Your money is a tool for your survival and you should never allow it to fall under the control of some one.

Now, if you wish to donate your money, understand that once given, it is not yours. If it is misused, do not give it to that person/organization again. Your neighbor sounds like an idiot. Laugh in his face! Do not donate, loan with heavy interests!!

Everyone is outraged by the perceived notion that welfare recipients are somehow scamming the system to get unwarranted benefits.

In fact, it goes both ways. It is the wealthiest Americans who scam the tax system to claim unwarranted deductions. More money is lost through tax cheats than welfare fraud

If someone breaks into your house and attempts to steal your property YOU are going to try and stop them. Why? Because YOU earned the $ to buy your property.
I treat the IRS the same way. The people that the government gives my $ to NEVER EARNED IT.

The wealthy are responsible for paying their taxes just like working Americans. A working American has a W-2 filed which details every cent they make. The wealthy have more flexibility in what they report and what they exempt.

Stealing is still stealing whether you are on Welfare or a mega millionaire. Tax cheats still steal more than welfare cheats

I am wealthy. Where is my "flexibility"?
You assume a lot with your generalizations.

I imagine many do need the assistance, but the trouble is there are also many that will abuse any system for their own gain. Thus it has been my opinion that the best way to help the truly needy is though non-profit organizations. The government's role should be simply to encourage their funding through a tax credits and tax deductions for those giving to charities that meet tests for efficency and legitimacy.

Paying taxes is the responisbility of every american. Also the rich and corporations have benefited from their hard work as well as the United States government and people providing for and maintaing a system that allows them succeed by providing public goods such as police, a legal system, infrastructure, etc. I will contend that the rich and corporations also utilize these services more than the average person; so them paying more is natural.

I addressed that earlier.
What constitutes "rich" to you?
How does the government determine who is rich?
Who is "richer" under the government guidelines for poverty?:
A. Someone that lives in a ten million dollar home furnished with expensive items and income of less than 50K a year with 4 kids or:
B. Someone that drives old cars, lives in a modest home and makes over 150K a year with 4 kids.

A is considered poor and gets all the benefits.
B gets nothing.

You folks are naive. You need to get this and learn this stuff like...........
QUICK.

The wealthy are responsible for paying their taxes just like working Americans. A working American has a W-2 filed which details every cent they make. The wealthy have more flexibility in what they report and what they exempt.

Stealing is still stealing whether you are on Welfare or a mega millionaire. Tax cheats still steal more than welfare cheats

I am wealthy. Where is my "flexibility"?
You assume a lot with your generalizations.

Much as a welfare recipient has "flexibility" in how they play the system so does the wealthy taxpayer.

However, wealthy taxpayers and industries have extensive lobbyists looking out for their interests.....I don't see many lobbyists representing welfare recipients

I'll keep my money thanks.

I bust my ass for it and I hate to give it to freeloaders. Irresponsible people who made poor choices in life should't get money so they can continue to be irresponsible and get a free ride. These folks contribute nothing but have no problem sticking their hands out to take, take and take. Sorry. Doesnt' work for me.

Anyone who want to help these folks has my blessing.

You folks all get together. Pool YOUR money and feel free to provide for every freeloader, irresponsible, lazy assed fuck in America. More power to you.

I sure wish my tax money didnt' have to go to help the freeloaders.

Its getting way old and very costly.

my2¢;2313986 said:
Accordingly, the first question that should be asked when government, at the point of a gun, takes my $ is whether the person that will be getting my $ needs it more than me.

Everyone is outraged by the perceived notion that welfare recipients are somehow scamming the system to get unwarranted benefits.

In fact, it goes both ways. It is the wealthiest Americans who scam the tax system to claim unwarranted deductions. More money is lost through tax cheats than welfare fraud

Well if the income tax isn't working then I'm all for putting an end to that too. What would you suggest, the FairTax? Not that the FairTax strikes me fondly, but if something isn't working then I'm not for continuing it.

my2¢;2316982 said:
my2¢;2313986 said:

Well if the income tax isn't working then I'm all for putting an end to that too. What would you suggest, the FairTax? Not that the FairTax strikes me fondly, but if something isn't working then I'm not for continuing it.

Taking your ball and going home?

my2¢;2316982 said:

Taking your ball and going home?

As opposed to continually hitting oneself in the head with a hammer and then complaining to the doctor that their head hurts?

Recently, a neighbor of mine has asked many of us for loans. I offered to buy one of his boats. Not an expensive boat but a small aliminum jon boat. No was his answer. He just needs 10K to get through the next "few" months.
2 Harleys, 2 boats, 2 jet skis, a new Camaro, late model truck and SUV and his wife drives one of those SUV small Lexus is just a small sampleopf his assets.
But according to my neighbor he needs my $ more than I do. Sound familiar?
I am a proponent of many social programs that ACTUALLY help people. However, many of the people that "qualify" under the absurd rules and regulations government bureaucrats set to determine what qualifies as "need" do not need, or deserve, my money more than I do.
Accordingly, the first question that should be asked when government, at the point of a gun, takes my $ is whether the person that will be getting my $ needs it more than me.
Does that person that qualified under some government bureaucrats' rules to get my $ actually have a need greater than my need to take care of my family? Is that program that government has set up that takes my $ to fund it more important than the needs of me and my family?
Now I will await the sewer, standing army,roads, military, police and the other arguments which will correctly be made. But those arguments are moot in this discussion. I am speaking of programs where it is a direct transfer of my $ to someone else that government has determined needs my $ than I do. And thos transfer will be to individuals THAT DO NOTHING OTHER than hold out their hand to get the $ and provide no service.
A thank you would seem appropriate but the sense of entitlement and the lack of pride associated with this mentality has spread like the plague nationally.
What is wrong with someone that has earned their $ objecting to the transfer of that earned income to someone that refuses to work for it or any $.

Look at the bright side- your neighbor can't send armed jackbooted thugs to enforce his 'loan' request.

The AVERAGE WELFARE PAYMENT for a family of three in the USA is $445 a month.

Doesn't sound too generous to me.

I'll tell you where welfare costs are going through the roof.

Working families who are getting medicade and food stamps.

So what does it say about our nation when WORKING PEOPLE aren't making it?

Does that encourage people to find work?

Or does it encourage desperate people to scam the system?

$445 for zero hours worked... more than I make per hour
And don't think that those same people are not also receiving other 'benefits' toward food, housing, etc

What does it say when working people are not making it? Maybe that their decisions, choices, work ethic, skills development, etc are not what they should be and maybe they have to take the personal gumption to do better for themselves, for it is their responsibility to do so.

And don't think that those same people are not also receiving other 'benefits' toward food, housing, etc

What does it say when working people are not making it? Maybe that their decisions, choices, work ethic, skills development, etc are not what they should be and maybe they have to take the personal gumption to do better for themselves, for it is their responsibility to do so.

Typical blame the victim mentality of the right wing....

Welfare recipients are getting rich off of $100 a week. Let the family and children starve and sleep under an overpass. It is their own fault because they are lazy

If your job pays $10 an hour and you earn $20,000 a year, it is your own fault because you are obviously lazy and made bad life choices

The fact is that lower working class families used to be able to support a family on the wages of one family worker. Since the Reagan revolution, lower middle class families have been squeezed out of sharing in available wealth while the upper wealthy classes have seen significant increases in their pay and assets

Typical blame the victim mentality of the right wing....

Welfare recipients are getting rich off of $100 a week. Let the family and children starve and sleep under an overpass. It is their own fault because they are lazy

If your job pays $10 an hour and you earn $20,000 a year, it is your own fault because you are obviously lazy and made bad life choices

The fact is that lower working class families used to be able to support a family on the wages of one family worker. Since the Reagan revolution, lower middle class families have been squeezed out of sharing in available wealth while the upper wealthy classes have seen significant increases in their pay and assets

Typical diversionary tactic by the far left

Nobody said the welfare 'recipients' are getting rich.. but that they are getting something for their personal needs and responsibilities, for nothing

So I take it that you working a 20K a year job is someone else's fault? They got poor grades to get you that job, or they had bad work ethic, or they did not obtain extra training, or that they refused to take a job further away, or that they refuse to take a drug test for a job, or any more in the list of reasons??

You are not entitled to 'share the wealth' of others... however you have the freedom to earn as much as your abilities, efforts, risks, decisions, actions, or whatever else, take you to

Forum List

Back