Who Loves Sedona, Arizona?

HikerGuy83

Diamond Member
Dec 26, 2021
If you know of Sedona, it is a great place to visit. And a great place to hike !!!

It is located about 120 miles north of Phoenix.

The town sits at about 4,300 ft elevation.

This is probably one of the more iconic structures you'll see....seems to show up on a lot of calendars outside of Arizona Highways.

1640556260099.png

While the weather is great, it does get snow. It is beautiful when that happens.

1640556673161.png

Pink Jeep tours are awesome! We went in October about ten years ago and it was still mid 90's. Don't get how people actually live the entire year there.

Pink Jeep tours are awesome! We went in October about ten years ago and it was still mid 90's. Don't get how people actually live the entire year there.

That would be a bit warm for Sedona in October. Even in the summer, it rarely gets above 100 F.

Arizona..besides being the state where half my family resides...is one of my favorites. Only place where you can hike and be lulled into the comfort of familiar desert surrounding...and then in the next moment, round a sharp curve on a lazy hike and see a rattlesnake curled into a ball on a warm rock barely three feet from your face.

Northern Arizona rocks. I live in Lake Havasu City. Sedona is a favorite stop. Always makes for a great four-day weekend all year round.

Arizona..besides being the state where half my family resides...is one of my favorites. Only place where you can hike and be lulled into the comfort of familiar desert surrounding...and then in the next moment, round a sharp curve on a lazy hike and see a rattlesnake curled into a ball on a warm rock barely three feet from your face.

They like to be tickled right under their chins.

:p:p:p

Northern Arizona rocks. I live in Lake Havasu City. Sedona is a favorite stop. Always make for a great four-day weekend all year round.

When I attended High School, Lake Havasu City was in our division.

Enjoyed going out there. Right on the Colorado.

When I attended High School, Lake Havasu City was in our division.

Enjoyed going out there. Right on the Colorado.
I've lived in Phoenix, Scottsdale, and Peoria near the stadium. Lived in San Diego for years as well before moving to Lake Havasu for keeps.

That would be a bit warm for Sedona in October. Even in the summer, it rarely gets above 100 F.
That's what it was. They warned us of issued because we would sweat but it wouldn't seem like sweat because it would evaporate so fast. I think it was 2011.

That's what it was. They warned us of issued because we would sweat but it wouldn't seem like sweat because it would evaporate so fast. I think it was 2011.

Not doubting you at all.

I lived there and it can have some glorious falls (nice and warm).

Just saying that isn't normal (average high in October is below 80 F).

It was usually warm enough that when it snowed, it melted pretty quickly.

If you know of Sedona, it is a great place to visit. And a great place to hike !!!

It is located about 120 miles north of Phoenix.

The town sits at about 4,300 ft elevation.

This is probably one of the more iconic structures you'll see....seems to show up on a lot of calendars outside of Arizona Highways.

View attachment 580074
Yup. Very nice there. Jerome is interesting too now that it is mainly an artist city habitat. Hubby's fam lives on the rez in Camp Verde.

Here is a picture of "West" Sedona (otherwise known as "grasshopper flats") from Airport Mountain. Probably very close to some small hotel rooms I helped wire when they were being constructed.

I loved to go up on the mountain at night and watch the sun go down.

1640561316850.png

The better question, and shorter list, is... who doesn't like Sedona?

My objective was to elicit positive comments.

If I did as you suggest, I'd learn why people don't like Sedona.

Call me close-minded in that regard, but I am not all that interested in that POV.

This is Coffee Pot (formation) in Sedona. Another oft displayed bit of rock.

1640566534943.png

Forum List

Back