Who is winning the debt debate?

Did anyone happen to see the John Stossel segment on O'Reilly last night?
Very interesting as he ( John ) took to the streets of NY to ask the folks their opinion on the debt ceiling crisis. Most of them didn't have a freakin' clue!

This has little to do with who is 'winning' the battle, but it looks like the Democrats are pushing for Obama to go it alone.

Obama urged to invoke 14th Amendment as debt ceiling deadline nears - Jennifer Epstein - POLITICO.com

“If that’s what lands on his desk, a short-term lifting of the ceiling, the debt ceiling, he should put it on his desk next to an executive order,” Clyburn said at a press conference. “He should sign an executive order invoking the 14th Amendment to this issue.” The Associated Press reported that he was applauded when he suggested the idea at a caucus meeting earlier in the day.

I'll be interested to see what the public opinion about this is.

It may be a blessing the see the Tea Party so totally ignore public opinion and continue its dogmatic stance. It will certainly spell the end of the Tea Party brand. :clap2:

If you really cared, you'd let the Teaparty implode.... but we all know your scared they are going to be proved correct in the long haul.

Yep, let us implode!

:lol:

I don't know and I can't say I care who's "winning". I can tell you who's losing, though: Us.

And that's all that really matters, but to the uneducated partisan drones like Jim, it's all about their team more than America.

Who's winning the debt debate? - CNN.com

It is rare to see a major political party this visibly and demonstrably take on and defy vast majorities.

It may be a blessing the see the Tea Party so totally ignore public opinion and continue its dogmatic stance. It will certainly spell the end of the Tea Party brand. :clap2:

Everyone of your posts is Tea Party that and Tea Party this--I'm not sure who's winning, but I know who is losing: Americans.

This president's policies have enriched only the richest among us. Goldman Sacs has done very well under this president. Stimulus failed.

The entire premise of Obama is to prove a negative. But he's only trying to win the future, he certainly has lost the past and present...

American seniors are the biggest losers, Obama wants to cut off their checks

Wrong again Frank. Seniors know who caused the crisis. The Baggers get the blame by 60+%.....:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

"I cannot guarantee that those checks go out on August 3rd if we haven't resolved this issue. Because there may simply not be the money in the coffers to do it" Barack "Social Security Really is Bankrupt" Obama, a likely Teabagger, but not a Tea Party Member

It is rare to see a major political party this visibly and demonstrably take on and defy vast majorities.

Current polling shows the majority of americans do not want the debt ceiling increased. they also want a balanced approach.

Damn you got left in the darkness of the liberal BS.

You better wish your sweet azz the Tea Party Brand Endures they're the people who pay the taxes.. you be the party of LEECH.

Did anyone happen to see the John Stossel segment on O'Reilly last night?
Very interesting as he ( John ) took to the streets of NY to ask the folks their opinion on the debt ceiling crisis. Most of them didn't have a freakin' clue!

This has little to do with who is 'winning' the battle, but it looks like the Democrats are pushing for Obama to go it alone.

Obama urged to invoke 14th Amendment as debt ceiling deadline nears - Jennifer Epstein - POLITICO.com

“If that’s what lands on his desk, a short-term lifting of the ceiling, the debt ceiling, he should put it on his desk next to an executive order,” Clyburn said at a press conference. “He should sign an executive order invoking the 14th Amendment to this issue.” The Associated Press reported that he was applauded when he suggested the idea at a caucus meeting earlier in the day.

I'll be interested to see what the public opinion about this is.

Yep, the sophistocated New Yawkers failed the damn simplest questions.

Wait, someone is winning this debate? Seems to me that no matter what happens all of us are screwed.

Forum List

Back