Who is the most over-rated president of all-time?

Who is the most over-rated president of all-time?

• Abraham Lincoln (#1 Ranking)

Votes: 12 16.9%
  • Franklin D. Roosevelt (#2 Ranking)

Votes: 15 21.1%
  • George Washington (#3 Ranking)

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Thomas Jefferson (#4 Ranking)

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Theodore Roosevelt (#5 Ranking)

• Woodrow Wilson (#6 Ranking)

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Harry Truman (#7 Ranking)

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Andrew Jackson (T-#8 Ranking)

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Dwight D. Eisenhower (T-#8 Ranking)

• Other (Explain in your post)

Votes: 29 40.8%

• Total voters
For the purposes of so-called historical perspective, I won't include recent presidents.
St Ronnie, of course.

Trick Lib Question of Reagan
March 28, 2008

CALLER: Ronald Reagan, why did he never respond to the Marine barracks bombing in Lebanon in 1983?

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: By the way, to answer the guy's question, "Why didn't Reagan respond?" He did. It's one of the most underreported aspects in world history. Amir Taheri wrote about it on April 18th, 2007, in a publication called Gulf News. Basically, Reagan sunk Iran's navy, if I could just sum this up. We sunk Iran's navy. The attacks from Lebanon came from Iran, as they still do to this day. We sunk Iran's navy, but we didn't talk about it much then because that would have made us look mean, and the mullahs didn't talk about it because they didn't want the world to know their navy had been sunk, but it happened.
END TRANSCRIPT

Operation Praying Mantis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Operation Praying Mantis was an April 18, 1988 attack by U.S. naval forces in retaliation for the Iranian mining of the Persian Gulf and the subsequent damage to an American warship.

In short, Iran lost one major warship and a smaller gunboat.

For the purposes of so-called historical perspective, I won't include recent presidents.
St Ronnie, of course.

March 28, 2008

CALLER: Ronald Reagan, why did he never respond to the Marine barracks bombing in Lebanon in 1983?

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: By the way, to answer the guy's question, "Why didn't Reagan respond?" He did. It's one of the most underreported aspects in world history. Amir Taheri wrote about it on April 18th, 2007, in a publication called Gulf News. Basically, Reagan sunk Iran's navy, if I could just sum this up. We sunk Iran's navy. The attacks from Lebanon came from Iran, as they still do to this day. We sunk Iran's navy, but we didn't talk about it much then because that would have made us look mean, and the mullahs didn't talk about it because they didn't want the world to know their navy had been sunk, but it happened.
END TRANSCRIPT

Operation Praying Mantis was an April 18, 1988 attack by U.S. naval forces in retaliation for the Iranian mining of the Persian Gulf and the subsequent damage to an American warship.

Agreed.

Ronald Reagan was a law breaker and committed Treason.

St Ronnie, of course.

March 28, 2008

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

END TRANSCRIPT

Agreed.

How did he commit treason?

St Ronnie, of course.

March 28, 2008

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

END TRANSCRIPT

Agreed.

How did he commit treason?
He used to be a democrat. That's how.

Overrated to me means, credit and adoration given versus actual accomplishments? Kennedy. Has to be. Truman second, and Eisenhower third.

It's easily FDR. Everything that is f'd up about our society is traced to him. And it was his policies that extended a recession into The Great Depression. And he was asleep at the wheel on Pearl Harbor. And his apathy led to Hitler's dominance and consequently millions in casualties. All of that, and the idiot "historians" and liberals celebrate him as the second best president when he's really the worst ever. You can't get more over-rated than that.

Overrated to me means, credit and adoration given versus actual accomplishments? Kennedy. Has to be. Truman second, and Eisenhower third.

I agree with Kennedy. I don't think Truman is terribly overrated. Eisenhower is somewhat overrated I feel, but in any event nowhere near as much as Kennedy.

It's easily FDR. Everything that is f'd up about our society is traced to him. And it was his policies that extended a recession into The Great Depression. And he was asleep at the wheel on Pearl Harbor. And his apathy led to Hitler's dominance and consequently millions in casualties. All of that, and the idiot "historians" and liberals celebrate him as the second best president when he's really the worst ever. You can't get more over-rated than that.

I have to disagree. Franklin Roosevelt was one of the truly great Presidents. Doesn't mean each and every one of his policies was the best, but overal he was a great leader and what the nation needed at that time. Very much like Reagan really.

The winner is not on the list.

'W' is by far the most overrated individual to have held this post.

The only question is, can one count down from zero?

He started at rock bottom and immediately began drilling and using explosives to proceed downward.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back