who is running the country while obama is on vacation?

I'm curious about how many days a week are considered work days for the President. Does he get weekends off or is he responsible for the entire 2920 days in 8 years? If he does get 2 days a week off, how many fall in those 487 days cited? If he is not responsible for weekends , it is approximately 2080 days that he is responsible for. They could easily say that he took off 840 days and it would just mean the weekends for 8 years.

W also used the Crawford ranch for meetings with world leaders, were those trips counted as "vacation" days? Without knowing exactly what the extraordinarily biased left wing media means by the number they cite, it is a meaningless number. I would want to see comparisons of the actual days taken off compared to the Blow Job President or the latest Air Force One President who hasn't found a trip that gets him away from his wife one that he could pass up(can't say I blame him!).

Obama has spent a minimal time at the actual White House, does that mean he has been on vacation the rest of the time? Was his trip to try to talk the Olympic committee into a huge mistake of putting the 2013 Olympics in that trashy city of Chicago a vacation or was that considered a business trip? How about the wasteful trip to pick up the joke of a prize from the Nobel idiots, was that considered vacation or was that expenditure for the American people. How about the first trip in Air Force One, 150 miles to Williamsburg Virginia to speak to a bunch of assholes that are down the street in Washington D.C. at the Capital most of the time? Was that vacation time?

Sorry man but that's as much research as I'm going to do for you or the other guy.

i see....so, when obama is on vacation, he is still working, he is still the president

but when bush is on vacation, he is to be ridiculed for going on "vacation" more than any other president....

the hypocrisy of the left is so easy to lure....and catch

There is no hypocricy. He should have been ridiculed. In 8 years he made 149 visits to Camp David for a total of 487 days. Also, he made 77 visits to Crawford and spent all or part of 490 days there.

How can that be defended?? We had 2 wars going on here. His vacation time was excessive and very inappropriate.

Whose ass did you pull these numbers out of? I don't believe them, prove it.

Bush Spent 487 Days At Camp David, 490 Days At Texas Ranch During

487 Days At Camp David For Bush - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

The President is never on vacation regardless of where he is or what he is doing. This is a considerably weak attempt to criticize Obama. :cuckoo:

i never criticized obama....

why do you make things up?

but i am glad you also realize that when a president vacations, he is always working and always president....thus, showing the loons on the left who whine about bush's vacations are nothing but hacks

Are you really that dense?? You just don't get the problem with Bush being on vacation for a third of his presidency. It looked bad and made him appear disinterested in his job. George Bush loved the perks of being president but wasn't crazy about the responsibility.

And your sainted George Bush doesn't agree with you:

Former president George W. Bush criticized President Barack Obama today for taking such a brief August vacation, arguing that the brevity of his summer break "sends the wrong message to terrorists."

"The one way to let the evildoers know that they don't have you all stressed out is by taking all of August off," Mr. Bush told reporters at his ranch in Crawford, Texas. "I always made sure I did that."

The former president called Mr. Obama's golf game in Martha's Vineyard today "a positive step," but added, "It may be a case of too little, too late."

Mr. Bush said "there's still time" for Mr. Obama to correct his mistake, and recommended that the president "take all of September off."

Andy Borowitz: Bush Questions Brevity of Obama's Vacation

:lol::lol::lol: Don't let them "evil doers" think our prez is stressed!!!!

You're quoting a douche from the Huffington joke sight, look who the dense one is.:razz:

You seem to think that because he said that he should forfeit any luxury but frankly, you could point to any unneccessary spending anyone does and claim that it isn't practicing "tightening one's belt" even if it is well within one's budget. Like I said ... the guy makes a big six figure salary and has a few mil in the bank, he's allowed to spend his money.

McCain is elite because he was born with a silver spoon in his mouth and then took it one step further and left his wife to marry into even more money ...

And yes, I think the Motel 6 is beneath the first family no matter who they are. Call me crazy but I think they deserve more than that. Shit, even I'm passing the Motel 6 and looking for the Holiday Inn.

good lord.....listen to yourself....

you apologize for obama no matter what

obama never said mccain is an elite because he was born with money....you did.....given your definition of elite.....i am sure you will be honest and admit KERRY is as elite or more elite than mccain as kerry's wife has more money...

Then let's see some full and in context quotes of Obama's criticisms of McCain, yurt, so we can see where you are getting your information from.

FTR I think McCain and Kerry are both elitists and megadouches. I also think it's laughable for anyone to try and lump Obama in with McCain and Kerry in that sense. Like a couple of people pointed out already in this thread; to McCain and Kerry, the Obama's are renters.

Okay, maybe lumping him in with McCain or Kerry is a stretch, but he is still an elitist. He still comes off with his nose in the air appearing to think he is better than you or me.

Immie

really...what is ignorant? me thinks you don't like it because it shows the hypocrisy of the left...bush vacation = bad, obama vacation = good and he is still running the country

its nice to know the same libs who accused bush of not working, eg, vacation, believe obama is always working, even when on vacation

no wonder you don't like this thread

beck-page3-04t.jpg

Someone pointed something out...actually it was rightwinger...

Obama in a rental = elitism
Bush in a mulit million dollar ranch he ownes = joe regular guy.

Somehow this makes sense to people like you?

It is all in the attitude.

I think it was me that pointed that out.

It doesn't mean that Bush is not an elitist, but it does mean that he does not come across as one and to be quite honest with you, I damned near said he just appeared to stupid to be elite, but I honestly do not believe he is stupid. He just appears to be so... dumb looks. Maybe it was the ears?

Immie

Fair enough. Given those two choices for our president, I will take elitism over stupid every time.

You?

Don't know but i heard he was having a hell of a round of golf during the latest Terrorist attack. Hey i thought playing golf while President was "Evil?" Well that's what the Liberal loons used to screech all the time no? Oh but now playing golf while President is "good." Hmm? Good to see the Liberal loons are still as confused & loony as ever.

Yo........A Pack of Lips Yowl............you DO realize that Bush Jr. quit playing golf all on his own after 9/11, right? He (Bush Jr.) stated it wasn't right for the president to be playing golf when there is a threat to the US.

It wasn't the "libs" dipshit........it was Bush Jr.

Wanna know the real reason by the way? Seems that the Secret Service was nervous of him playing golf, because it's really easy to hide a sniper on a golf course, and they were afraid that Bush Jr. would be killed.

Obama isn't that much of a pussy. He's an idiot and an arrogant bastard, but at least he's not a coward.

W quit playing when he sent troops into harms way. He stated that he didn't feel comfortable on a golf course while others were putting their lives on the line. As for courage, I remember he and Laura walking down the ramp together, by themselves, to place a wreath at Ground Zero and to comfort the surviving family members of those killed on September 11th, 2001.......... that took courage.

The Bush appearance at ground zero was inspirational. Might have been his finest hour. But what made it courageous?

beck-page3-04t.jpg

Someone pointed something out...actually it was rightwinger...

Obama in a rental = elitism
Bush in a mulit million dollar ranch he ownes = joe regular guy.

Somehow this makes sense to people like you?

It is all in the attitude.

I think it was me that pointed that out.

It doesn't mean that Bush is not an elitist, but it does mean that he does not come across as one and to be quite honest with you, I damned near said he just appeared to stupid to be elite, but I honestly do not believe he is stupid. He just appears to be so... dumb looks. Maybe it was the ears?

Immie

Fair enough. Given those two choices for our president, I will take elitism over stupid every time.

You?

Well, since I despise arrogance and said that Bush only appeared stupid... need I answer that question?

Immie

i never criticized obama....

why do you make things up?

but i am glad you also realize that when a president vacations, he is always working and always president....thus, showing the loons on the left who whine about bush's vacations are nothing but hacks

Are you really that dense?? You just don't get the problem with Bush being on vacation for a third of his presidency. It looked bad and made him appear disinterested in his job. George Bush loved the perks of being president but wasn't crazy about the responsibility.

And your sainted George Bush doesn't agree with you:

Former president George W. Bush criticized President Barack Obama today for taking such a brief August vacation, arguing that the brevity of his summer break "sends the wrong message to terrorists."

"The one way to let the evildoers know that they don't have you all stressed out is by taking all of August off," Mr. Bush told reporters at his ranch in Crawford, Texas. "I always made sure I did that."

The former president called Mr. Obama's golf game in Martha's Vineyard today "a positive step," but added, "It may be a case of too little, too late."

Mr. Bush said "there's still time" for Mr. Obama to correct his mistake, and recommended that the president "take all of September off."

Andy Borowitz: Bush Questions Brevity of Obama's Vacation

:lol::lol::lol: Don't let them "evil doers" think our prez is stressed!!!!

You're quoting a douche from the Huffington joke sight, look who the dense one is.:razz:

Oh, the dense one is still you. Do you think your response is a great big surprise??? I knew it would be something ridiculous and you didn't disappoint, because you tea baggers are so uninformed. You don't want to know the truth. So buzz off!!!

But But..."BOOOOOOOOOOOOSSH...GOLF...EVIL!!!!!" You gotta love all the pathetic spin from the Hopey Changeys on this one. Yup playing Golf during and right after a Terrorist Attack is a "Good Thing." What a bunch of disingenuous hypocrites.

using CBS (SeeB.S.) as a news source that's a joke. isn't this a network that makes up stories, Remember Dan Blather. they live up to their name daily "See B.S."

This conversation is retarded, because the President is always on duty - there really isn't such thing as vacation if you're on President. So Bush was never on vacation the 1000 days you said he was on vacation cause HE WAS ON DUTY!!!

YOu are 100% correct sir. Neither Bush nor Obama get a true "vacation" just a change of scenery where they do their job from.

WTF is wrong with all of you?

Seriously i've been reading through the thread.....presidents go on vacations, and while on vacations they still work, get the fuck over it already and spend your energy on something worthwhile.

This is a stupid non-issue.

rant off

But But..."BOOOOOOOOOOOOSSH...GOLF...EVIL!!!!!" You gotta love all the pathetic spin from the Hopey Changeys on this one. Yup playing Golf during and right after a Terrorist Attack is a "Good Thing." What a bunch of disingenuous hypocrites.

What should he have done instead??? You love to complain about everything.

See B.S. last on the list in rating I wonder why?Can you say "Credibility", "Truth"

I'll ask you again you partisan hack, what is your opinion of FAUX Noise? Are they the gold standard of broadcasting, or, what is the news source that someone like yourself who has had a significant lobotomy trusts for reliable information?

See B.S. last on the list in rating I wonder why?Can you say "Credibility", "Truth"

I'll ask you again you partisan hack, what is your opinion of FAUX Noise? Are they the gold standard of broadcasting, or, what is the news source that someone like yourself who has had a significant lobotomy trusts for reliable information?

Ever notice how they scatter when they get asked a question??? :lol:

Who ran the county when Bush was on vacation more than any other president in history. (You know in hi multi million dollar ranch.) Actually we know the ans. to that, it was Cheney. :evil:

don't change the subject

who runs the country while the president vacations?

He spoke to the country today. So apparently he is still running things.

He didn't change the subject, he just asked the same question only 8 years earlier, which is to say, the answer to the question "who runs the country while Obama vacations in Hawaii" is the same answer as it was when Bush spent thirty percent of his presidency on vacation in Crawford or at Camp David.

The Vice President. But, since Obama is still here in the States, he's still in the country, and therefore, still running it.

Not Zona's fault that you're a whiny little bitch who is afraid of the lights because you're such a fucking cockroach.

Welcome to the boards pud.

i see....so, when obama is on vacation, he is still working, he is still the president

but when bush is on vacation, he is to be ridiculed for going on "vacation" more than any other president....

the hypocrisy of the left is so easy to lure....and catch

There is no hypocricy. He should have been ridiculed. In 8 years he made 149 visits to Camp David for a total of 487 days. Also, he made 77 visits to Crawford and spent all or part of 490 days there.

How can that be defended?? We had 2 wars going on here. His vacation time was excessive and very inappropriate.

lol....the hypocrisy in two posts minutes apart

first post: obama, while on vacation, is still running things and appropriate

second post: bush, while on vacation, not running things and inappropriate

:lol:

Forum List

Back