Who is really "living off of the government"

[QUOTE

="Iceweasel, post: 17087193, member: 46539"]... right after claiming Republicans couldn't pass legislation that was good for the people. Whata hack!
I'm claiming republicans are failing to pass legislation that reduces the need for gov dependency. Or else, the blue states would be receiving more fed money, right?
What legislation do you claim "blue" states pass to reduce federal spending?
Well... I think that there are many factors that go into it. In examining the economy under each party, we can see that on a national level, democratic presidents are better for economic growth. Dems produce more jobs, which redistributes more money, stimulates the consumer class, makes the world go round. I think that repub create legislation that benefits the big guy, at the expense of the little guy. America has learned that nothing "trickles down."
Trump Is Right About One Thing: 'The Economy Does Better Under The Democrats'

Unfortunately that article makes the same mistake that most americans make which is to assume that presidents create jobs and "run" the economy. For the most part that is nonsense, usually all the president can do is get out of the way.

Economic cycles are a bit more complex than the letter next to a presidents name.
The president can create jobs, and each is judged by their numbers. The policies a president enacts will either have a negative or positive effect on employment rates and economy. Dems and repubs have different focal points. Dems tend to focus on overall growth while repubs focus on inflation rates. Dems focus on helping the worker while Repubs focus on helping to corporation. When the worker is choked, the consumer class is choked. Money will not flow.
The fact that they are judged by "their" numbers is stupid. I'll agree their policies have an effect, seldom are they anything but very small and most often any effects are over a long time period. Think about it, do you give credit or blame to Trump for the state of the economy today? Most policies will take years to have any effect. And often immediate effects are overshadowed by long term effects.

As a business owner I can tell you that my employees are greatly affected by govt policy towards corporations and by inflation rates.

Hate to break it to ya (and Politics USA) but both Nevada and New Mexico have solidly Democrat state legislatures.
Nevada is a swing state and historically red.

OMG, what a moron! Where was Senator Harry Reid, the DEMOCRAT from?
so because nevada produced a dem their history of republican controlled government is irrelevant?

Seems like you're the moron.

No. You have that title sewn up.

Nevada went for Hillary in 2016. Enough said.
lol that doesn't matter. To be able to analyze the information i am providing you have to understand that states don't change overnight. The condition of these states depends on their political history.A states unemployment, debt, intake of federal funds all directly depend on PAST policies. Historically Nevada is red.

Here's the real problem you and he are having, you're both obvious partisan hacks who have a bone to pick with the opposition so you boil your respective arguments down to the lowest common denominator (omitting multitudes of other causative factors) in a moronic attempt to besmirch the other side. But hey, simple things for simple minds, that's what politics is all about. :thup:

... right after claiming Republicans couldn't pass legislation that was good for the people. Whata hack!
I'm claiming republicans are failing to pass legislation that reduces the need for gov dependency. Or else, the blue states would be receiving more fed money, right?
What legislation do you claim "blue" states pass to reduce federal spending?
Well... I think that there are many factors that go into it. In examining the economy under each party, we can see that on a national level, democratic presidents are better for economic growth. Dems produce more jobs, which redistributes more money, stimulates the consumer class, makes the world go round. I think that repub create legislation that benefits the big guy, at the expense of the little guy. America has learned that nothing "trickles down."
Trump Is Right About One Thing: 'The Economy Does Better Under The Democrats'
You just puked up more political garbage and refused to answer the question. Dems love to tax and spend, that comes out of the private sector. And they take it out on the military. We did well under Reagan and the first 7 years of W. Bush but that has nothing to do with the question. What state policies are dems implementing that boost their economies?
How about this, I tell you what the GOP is doing to continue generational poverty and gov dependency.
Thing such as - the war on drugs/ stop and frisk. Laws like this disproportionately affect minorities. If minorities are being heavily targeted by the justice system (which they are) it disrupts education, careers, families, progress. The ability to work and vote.
Keeping down minimum wage- Makes it extremely hard for impoverished people to get ahead. People who are working minimum wage are more likely to be living check to check. How can they save when their bills cost more than their wages bring in? Living costs are quickly skyrocketing while our wages are slowly rising, this has been happening for over a half a century.

Republicans have no agenda to address poverty other than, "stop being poor." They simultaneously work against ANY legislation that could benefit the lower/middle class citizens.
So you are backing up your claims that Republicans harm the poor with the war on drugs? If anything it helps the poor since drug abuse isn't a recipe for prosperity. It's pretty much what I thought. You have firm opinions based on leftists ideologies and twist everything to fit the narrative. Just like a religion.

A higher percent of blacks commit crimes, therefore it stands to reason a higher percent will be incarcerated. You see it as targeting because you can't accept facts that don't fit your template.

Nor does that even begin to back up your claim that Republicans are somehow responsible. You have no scholarly approach here, you are simply chanting religious beliefs and spouting bigotry.

Forum List

Back