Who heads the GOP?

Leader of the GOP?

• Total voters
What 'worked out' for the Democrats was a candidate with a positive message and a dynamic leadership style. Let me repeat that: a positive message.
Spare me....Barry Obubblhead gives a good speech of the prompter, and that's it. The party itself is being led by an absolutely unhinged and mentally unbalanced barking moonbat, from San Franfreako.

Anything like that coming from Republicans?

What I hear the Republicans saying is "NO!". What I hear is doom and gloom and no real solutions other than stick with the status quo. It's starting to sound as if the health care industry is writing Republican talking points. With premiums rising faster than incomes, with access being denied for any reason the insurance providers want, the people are understandably frustrated. What solutions do the Republicans propose? Not many if any at all.
Just like we heard from the democratics for eight years....Except, of course, when polling data in advance of the 2002 elections favored invading Iraq. Then, they were on the "me too" bus.

You hear that only because that's what the media are reporting.
Yes, they are going through a transition, trying to find their voice and get back on message. It is an evolution.
WHere are the leaders of the 94 victory? They were all subjected to ethics investigations or otherwise hounded from the national state. The GOP has an unfortunate tendency to want to appear like saints, and failing that they fall on their swords. That has to stop.
The "media" is not the boogieman here, the lack of Republican leadership is! If that's what i hear, it's the fault of the message, not the messenger.

Ethics investigations? Keep your hands out of the cookie jar and there will be no ethics investigations! I'm looking at you too, Charlie Rangle!

The GOP has an excellent health care plan and a bill inb place. How many times have you seen that reported? Hello?
Newt was hounded out of office for a non-infraction. It was later determined by the IRS he had done nothing--nothing, wrong. And yet the Democrats got his scalp.
Meanwhile low lifes like, as you say, Charlie Rangel continue to commit crimes that would land any of us in jail.

What 'worked out' for the Democrats was a candidate with a positive message and a dynamic leadership style. Let me repeat that: a positive message.
Spare me....Barry Obubblhead gives a good speech of the prompter, and that's it. The party itself is being led by an absolutely unhinged and mentally unbalanced barking moonbat, from San Franfreako.

Anything like that coming from Republicans?

What I hear the Republicans saying is "NO!". What I hear is doom and gloom and no real solutions other than stick with the status quo. It's starting to sound as if the health care industry is writing Republican talking points. With premiums rising faster than incomes, with access being denied for any reason the insurance providers want, the people are understandably frustrated. What solutions do the Republicans propose? Not many if any at all.
Just like we heard from the democratics for eight years....Except, of course, when polling data in advance of the 2002 elections favored invading Iraq. Then, they were on the "me too" bus.
You really don't want to go down that road to war in Iraq again, do you? Everyone wanted to get rid of the WMD in 2002. But, there were no WMD there, was there? Could anyone be blamed for following what used to be a credible source of information (George W. Bush) down that rat hole?

The premise is the party, not a few random pols who might agree with him on this or that issue.

When has the RNC or congressional caucus, as a whole, ever taken his advice?
You CON$ervative know-it-alls seem to have very selective memories! :lol:

How quickly you forget America's Hemorrhoid, Stuttering LimpBoy's advice for the GOP congressmen not to vote for the Stimulus Package in order to get elected in 2010. And they all OBEYED.

January 28, 2009
Congressman Phil Gingrey to Rush: "I Regret Those Stupid Comments"
RUSH: I know that you don't know how it's all going to end up. But what is your thought? Let's say not one Republican votes for this. See, I happen to think... It's a leading question. I happen to think that would be perfect for the future and your reelection efforts. What's your thought on that?

GINGREY: Rush, I agree with you completely.

January 29, 2009
House GOP Stood Up and Exposed the Immoral Obama Porkulus Sham
RUSH: Now, neither the media nor Obama want you to know this, because they still want you to believe that Obama is the great unifier, the great uniter, when he couldn't even persuade a single Republican -- not even by serving them adult beverages and Wagyu beef in the White House!

He could not persuade even a single Republican, not even a RINO Republican, not even a Republican in Name Only, to go along with this. This is a huge failure for Obama and the media.

You hear that only because that's what the media are reporting.
Yes, they are going through a transition, trying to find their voice and get back on message. It is an evolution.
WHere are the leaders of the 94 victory? They were all subjected to ethics investigations or otherwise hounded from the national state. The GOP has an unfortunate tendency to want to appear like saints, and failing that they fall on their swords. That has to stop.
The "media" is not the boogieman here, the lack of Republican leadership is! If that's what i hear, it's the fault of the message, not the messenger.

Ethics investigations? Keep your hands out of the cookie jar and there will be no ethics investigations! I'm looking at you too, Charlie Rangle!

The GOP has an excellent health care plan and a bill inb place. How many times have you seen that reported? Hello?
Newt was hounded out of office for a non-infraction. It was later determined by the IRS he had done nothing--nothing, wrong. And yet the Democrats got his scalp.
Meanwhile low lifes like, as you say, Charlie Rangel continue to commit crimes that would land any of us in jail.
What are the provisions of the GOP bill? Accessibility? Cost control? Restrictions on pre-existing conditions?

Or is it just window dressing for the current health care providers?

Who knows?

All we hear from the GOP is "NO!".

and when the GOP has a majority in Congress, and ethics investigations occur, is that the fault of the ethically challenged or the minority party?

Last edited:
I agree that they are phonies. I don't listen or watch any of them...not a single one. I will not pigeon-hole an entire party based on the entertainment they tend to watch. It's not quite bright. It's rhetoric not based in fact and more importantly, it's based on sterotypes. Stereotypes are not usually logical.

It's emotional rhetoric. It torques folks up and leads to more divisiveness in this country.

Interesting: I don't watch, but I'm able to making judgments.
You're an interesting guy Si modo; a crumudgeon with a good mind. It's too bad, self rightous arrogance handicaps your ability to share any real insight you may have.

How did the Republicans engineer thier big 1994 comeback? Contract with America. A plan.

The rudderless ship that is the GOP is under mutiny right now. Only the most fervent Right Wingers need apply. There is no plan. Only opposition to the president. No agenda the American people can embrace and take confidence in. Status quo? Good luck! People want health care reform and the current crop of Republicans offer no such reform.

And that will set the GOP back for years to come. Letting the Righties take control means the party will go through ideological purges until only the most Conservative bona fides have a voice in policy.

A doomed strategy, but look at the disarray Bush left in his wake.

TERRIFIC POST! :clap2:

I think Mitt Romney is laying low right now for a VERY GOOD reason. Interestingly enough at the "Values Voters" (translation - radical, religious right) gathering he tied with Pawlenty and Palin - but he did lag far behind Huckabee.

Rush Limbaugh is a talk show host---not a politician.

Sarah Palin speaks--& this democrat congress starts reacting immediately to her statements. I.E.--death panels in the health care bill. Immediately after discussing these panels--democrats were hurtling over one another to get that section of the bill OUT.

What are the provisions of the GOP bill? Accessibility? Cost control? Restrictions on pre-existing conditions?

Or is it just window dressing for the current health care providers?

Who knows?

All we hear from the GOP is "NO!".

and when the GOP has a majority in Congress, and ethics investigations occur, is that the fault of the ethically challenged or the minority party?

HR3400, jerkwad. Go read the bill yourself.
All you hear from the GOP is no because you aren't listening and can't understand what they're saying to begin with.
It's the fault of the minority party for engineering non-issues and going on witchhunts. Scooter Libby is exhibit 1 here.

I would say Ali Baba Obama heads the GOP because there's no real difference between the two Parties, just that Democrats have more of a monopoly on government with the exception of our military. Both the same from what I can see.

I would say Ali Baba Obama heads the GOP because there's no real difference between the two Parties, just that Democrats have more of a monopoly on government with the exception of our military. Both the same from what I can see.

The same? Apt name sailor, you couldn't see an iceberg, I'm not surprised you can't see the difference between an "R" and a "D".

Rush Limbaugh is a talk show host---not a politician.

Sarah Palin speaks--& this democrat congress starts reacting immediately to her statements. I.E.--death panels in the health care bill. Immediately after discussing these panels--democrats were hurtling over one another to get that section of the bill OUT.

there was no such section in the bill.

I agree that they are phonies. I don't listen or watch any of them...not a single one. I will not pigeon-hole an entire party based on the entertainment they tend to watch. It's not quite bright. It's rhetoric not based in fact and more importantly, it's based on sterotypes. Stereotypes are not usually logical.

It's emotional rhetoric. It torques folks up and leads to more divisiveness in this country.

You're an interesting guy Si modo; a crumudgeon with a good mind. It's too bad, self rightous arrogance handicaps your ability to share any real insight you may have.
The tense of 'don't' is the present tense. Yet, in your mind, that automatically excludes my watching and listening to them in the past. Very interesting insight into the closed mind.

And I prefer 'prickly' to your description of me as a curmudgeon. Do as you wish, of course.

Last edited:

The tense of 'don't' is the present tense. Yet, in your mind, that automatically excludes my watching and listening to them in the past. Very interesting insight into the closed mind.

And I prefer 'prickly' to your description of me as a curmudgeon. Do as you wish, of course.

As YOU wish, a prickly pedant then.

As YOU wish, a prickly pedant then.
I see your fascination with me rather than the topic continues. Anything other opinions about my person you care to share? I've no doubt that my demonstrating your assumption as faulty was not a pleasant experience for you, but do continue to share your opinions about my person.

Forum List

Back