Who else is excited for Rand Paul's presidency?

Jake all you do is keep spouting the same shit and then when challenged you keep doing it. You don't use facts, you don't even back up your posts with hypotheticals, you just keep repeating the word "extremism(t)" over and over. It's not worth reading.

We have to win this election tomorrow FIRST.. Everyone in this thread is right about the SCOTUS. Tomorrow is MAJOR for our country.

LL, you offer nothing to support your assertions. I don't have to do anything about evidence until you give us something. Your beliefs are not evidence. Use facts, use correlation, use analysis . . . TALK to us with something other than your beliers.

LL, you offer nothing to support your assertions. I don't have to do anything about evidence until you give us something. Your beliefs are not evidence. Use facts, use correlation, use analysis . . . TALK to us with something other than your beliers.

But see I have. I've demonstrated logically how taxation is theft. I don't even need to do anything for people to know that Obama increases spending and debt and overall government control of people because that is obvious.

Then you clearly haven't been paying attention.

Oh really?

What are Rands legislative accomplishments?

Zero, just like his dad

Even I will give credit to Ron Paul. I admire the man. His son has big shoes to fill.

You need a smackdown.

Tell us what a bad man he is. By all means. I can't wait.

Bad man?

I don't think he beats his wife. But there is no question that his policies are bad. Opposing Civil Rights because you want to protect the rights of racist businessmen, opposing programs that help the poor, opposing environmental protections

Does that make you a bad man? Yes it does

Oh really?

What are Rands legislative accomplishments?

Zero, just like his dad

Even I will give credit to Ron Paul. I admire the man. His son has big shoes to fill.

You need a smackdown.

Bad man?

I don't think he beats his wife. But there is no question that his policies are bad. Opposing Civil Rights because you want to protect the rights of racist businessmen, opposing programs that help the poor, opposing environmental protections

He doesn't oppose civil rights, he supports human rights and violating the rights of one group of people to grant rights to another is silly.

You have done no such thing.

Your belief is not logic.

But see I have. I've demonstrated logically how taxation is theft. I don't even need to do anything for people to know that Obama increases spending and debt and overall government control of people because that is obvious.

Tell me how taking money from me against my will is not theft and I'll vote for Obama and donate extra to your unemployment this year.

You better not vote for Obama, son. Romney is your true choice.

You are arguing against the status quo as we have done it since 1787.

You have to demonstrate logically and with evidence and emphasis that concludes your point is correct. You have done nothing of the sort.

Tell me how taking money from me against my will is not theft and I'll vote for Obama and donate extra to your unemployment this year.

It's not theft unless you can prove that it is not legitimate for people to come together and form a government,

that then becomes the legitimate authority over those people.

It's not theft unless you can prove that it is not legitimate for people to come together and form a government,

that then becomes the legitimate authority over those people.

Well I could certainly prove to the best of ones ablity when dealing with issues of the past that almost every founder and especially James Madison the primary constitution author were opposed to taxes based on labor.

Unfortunately for you, I don't need to, because you don't get to change the meaning of words. Theft is still theft regardless of how many people support it. By your logic what is occuring in Syria is OKAY because it is government sanctioned. Slavery is legit if the government sanctions it. So on and so forth.

You need a smackdown.

Bad man?

He doesn't oppose civil rights, he supports human rights and violating the rights of one group of people to grant rights to another is silly.

He opposes Civil Rights and lets his extreme libertarian dogma get in the way of common sense

Good boy Rand will run in his fathers image.....never pulling more that ten percent of the GOP vote

Twenty years of another guy named Paul pretending to be a presidential candidate.

Enjoy that.

The Paul internet armies will not go away

For the next twenty years they will be flooding internet polls and stealing GOP delegates all so a Paul can come in fifth

Bad man?

He opposes Civil Rights and lets his extreme libertarian dogma get in the way of common sense

Here, I'll let him tell you why he opposed it. I know it won't matter to you because you probably don't support property rights as much as I do.

Ron Paul said:
Mr. Speaker, I rise to explain my objection to H.Res. 676. I certainly join my colleagues in urging Americans to celebrate the progress this country has made in race relations. However, contrary to the claims of the supporters of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the sponsors of H.Res. 676, the Civil Rights Act of 1964 did not improve race relations or enhance freedom. Instead, the forced integration dictated by the Civil Rights Act of 1964 increased racial tensions while diminishing individual liberty.

The Civil Rights Act of 1964 gave the federal government unprecedented power over the hiring, employee relations, and customer service practices of every business in the country. The result was a massive violation of the rights of private property and contract, which are the bedrocks of free society. The federal government has no legitimate authority to infringe on the rights of private property owners to use their property as they please and to form (or not form) contracts with terms mutually agreeable to all parties. The rights of all private property owners, even those whose actions decent people find abhorrent, must be respected if we are to maintain a free society.

This expansion of federal power was based on an erroneous interpretation of the congressional power to regulate interstate commerce. The framers of the Constitution intended the interstate commerce clause to create a free trade zone among the states, not to give the federal government regulatory power over every business that has any connection with interstate commerce.

The Civil Rights Act of 1964 not only violated the Constitution and reduced individual liberty; it also failed to achieve its stated goals of promoting racial harmony and a color-blind society. Federal bureaucrats and judges cannot read minds to see if actions are motivated by racism. Therefore, the only way the federal government could ensure an employer was not violating the Civil Rights Act of 1964 was to ensure that the racial composition of a business’s workforce matched the racial composition of a bureaucrat or judge’s defined body of potential employees. Thus, bureaucrats began forcing employers to hire by racial quota. Racial quotas have not contributed to racial harmony or advanced the goal of a color-blind society. Instead, these quotas encouraged racial balkanization, and fostered racial strife.

Of course, America has made great strides in race relations over the past forty years. However, this progress is due to changes in public attitudes and private efforts. Relations between the races have improved despite, not because of, the 1964 Civil Rights Act.

In conclusion, Mr. Speaker, while I join the sponsors of H.Res. 676 in promoting racial harmony and individual liberty, the fact is the Civil Rights Act of 1964 did not accomplish these goals. Instead, this law unconstitutionally expanded federal power, thus reducing liberty. Furthermore, by prompting raced-based quotas, this law undermined efforts to achieve a color-blind society and increased racial strife. Therefore, I must oppose H.Res. 676.

The Civil Rights Act of 1964 gave the federal government unprecedented power over the hiring, employee relations, and customer service practices of every business in the country. The result was a massive violation of the rights of private property and contract, which are the bedrocks of free society. The federal government has no legitimate authority to infringe on the rights of private property owners to use their property as they please and to form (or not form) contracts with terms mutually agreeable to all parties. The rights of all private property owners, even those whose actions decent people find abhorrent, must be respected if we are to maintain a free society.

That says it all

The Pauls allow their libertarian dogma to get in the way of doing what is right for America. Sometimes the Government needs to step in and protect the rights of the downtrodden. Allowing the free market to work itself out did not work after 100 years of trying

The Government needed to step in and enforce Civil Rights

For the Pauls to claim otherwise shows why they are unfit to lead

Well, if you are okay with oppressing some people for the *possibility* of helping others I can't do anything for you

Well, if you are okay with oppressing some people for the *possibility* of helping others I can't do anything for you

No "possibility" about it

Blacks have been helped immensely by Civil Rights legislation. If the Government stepping in and saying "You may no longer oppress blacks" is oppressing those who enforced Jim Crow for100 years....so be it

For the Pauls to believe therwise shows why they are unfit

Forum List

Back