Who Drops Out After Super Tuesday?

Who Drops Out After Super Tuesday?

• Total voters
The only one with any reason to will be Newt, but I don't think that he will.
If he wins Georgia? NOT going to happen.

Yeah. At this point there's literally no way he can win. None. But a Georgia win means he'll stay in with the hope of brokered convention or a cabinet position. Or due to pure ego. They all lead to the same result: A Mitt Candidacy

Yeah. At this point there's literally no way he can win. None. But a Georgia win means he'll stay in with the hope of brokered convention or a cabinet position. Or due to pure ego. They all lead to the same result: A Mitt Candidacy
The other three would SMELL better if Newt was not beside them ; )

Brokered is what I wish...and it isn't ROMNEY.

Brokered is what I wish...and it isn't ROMNEY.

It isn't impossible. But the best bet for stopping Mitt was Newt losing Georgia (even if he lost to Mitt) and Santorum winning Ohio in a big way. That would have resulted in Newt dropping and Santorum rallying and solidifying the base.

A brokered convention is the only shot at stopping Mitt now, as it looks like Newt is still in and Santorum will win Ohio, but not by a large enough margin to get any momentum. The problem with a brokered convention is that the Ron Paul "stealth" strategy means the GOP is royally screwed if it comes to that.

Many Americans belong to the church they were raised in; I will not hold a candidate's religion against him.
Please no "you would vote for Wahhabi" interpretations.

I'd vote for a Wahhabi before I'd vote for a Mormon. But that isn't the point, is it?

Romney wasn't just some poor schlub who was born in the Church. His family is a prominant LDS family and he was an elder in the LDS Church.

JFK won when he stated that he wouldn't take the Pope's phone calls.

I want to hear Romney say he won't take Monson's phone calls.
I was hoping the nation had progressed since 1960; obviously, I was incorrect in that desire.

Catholics are a Church with 2000 years of history.

Mormons are a cult started by a con man who wanted to pork 14 year old girls.

The difference between Joseph Smith and David Koresh? Original and Extra-Crispy.

I don't think anyone drops out after tonight Romney will get the majority of the delegates Gingrich and Santorum will get enough to hang around for a little longer Paul is going nowhere but will stay in why I have no idea.

It looks like

Romney will take VT, MA, ID, and VA. Although VA he probably doesn't want to talk about, because he got 59% to Ron Paul's 41, and they cheated to keep anyone else off the ballot.

Santorum looks like he's going to take ND, TN and OK.

Ohio is up for grabs.

Newt will take Georgia.

Wyoming is apparently doing something, but I thought ROmney already won it. I guess they'll say he won it again.

No one knows what's going to happen in Alaska.

So Romney will walk away from this with the most delegates, but he's still a weak frontrunner.

I don't think anyone drops out after tonight Romney will get the majority of the delegates Gingrich and Santorum will get enough to hang around for a little longer Paul is going nowhere but will stay in why I have no idea.

It looks like

Romney will take VT, MA, ID, and VA. Although VA he probably doesn't want to talk about, because he got 59% to Ron Paul's 41, and they cheated to keep anyone else off the ballot.

Santorum looks like he's going to take ND, TN and OK.

Ohio is up for grabs.

Newt will take Georgia.

Wyoming is apparently doing something, but I thought ROmney already won it. I guess they'll say he won it again.

No one knows what's going to happen in Alaska.

So Romney will walk away from this with the most delegates, but he's still a weak frontrunner.
The ever present THEY; Gingrich did put any effort into Va. Santorum's campaign did meet Va. requirements.

Romney won at least 129 Super Tuesday delegates, Santorum won at least 47, Gingrich got at least 42 and Texas Rep. Ron Paul got at least 10.

So far, Romney is winning 57 percent of the Super Tuesday delegates; Santorum is winning 21 percent.

A total of 419 delegates were up for grabs in 10 states Tuesday. All the candidates were likely to add delegates as more votes were tallied.

In the overall race for delegates, Romney leads with 332, including endorsements from members of the Republican National Committee who automatically attend the convention and can support any candidate they choose. Santorum has 139 delegates, Gingrich has 75 and Paul has 35.

It takes 1,144 delegates to win the Republican nomination for president.

Romney pads delegate lead with Super Tuesday wins - Boston.com

I think Romney wins big today and obviously stays in. Santorum gets enough of a boost to do the Huckabee hangs around. I think Gingrich's sole win in GA is enough to hang it up and go back to making millions in the private sector. I think the Good Doctor is too crazy to hang it up. I will stick around until the end.

I voted Romney just for fun, but you are probably right.

Newt can save face now.

Looks like he'll take Georgia.

Romney will take VT, VA, OH and MA.

Looks like Santorum will Take OK and TN.

Looks like even with all the cheating the GOP did in VA, Ron Paul is putting up a good showing.

Romney also got Idaho (heavy Mormon vote) and Santorum got North Dakota.

Gingrich has only won 2 states and one was his home state and the other its next door neighbor.

Santorum has won in seven and would have won several more had Gingrich not been splitting the Not Romney vote.

I dont care that Newt pisses off the GOP elite, hell that scores points in my book.

But now he is just being a hypocrit as he is doing to the conservative movement exactly what he acused Santorum of when Gingrich won S Carolina. In that case though, Santorum was right as there had only been three states and he had won one of them.

The situation now is totally different and it is more than obvious that Gingrich cannot win and is only screwing over his conservative base for what reason? Childish petulance?

I used to defend Newt, but right now he is making his critics look like they had him nailed down pretty acurately; all ego and no devotion to the cause.

I think Romney wins big today and obviously stays in. Santorum gets enough of a boost to do the Huckabee hangs around. I think Gingrich's sole win in GA is enough to hang it up and go back to making millions in the private sector. I think the Good Doctor is too crazy to hang it up. I will stick around until the end.

Newt can save face now.

Looks like even with all the cheating the GOP did in VA, Ron Paul is putting up a good showing.

Gingrich has only won 2 states and one was his home state and the other its next door neighbor.

Santorum has won in seven and would have won several more had Gingrich not been splitting the Not Romney vote.

I dont care that Newt pisses off the GOP elite, hell that scores points in my book.

But now he is just being a hypocrit as he is doing to the conservative movement exactly what he acused Santorum of when Gingrich won S Carolina. In that case though, Santorum was right as there had only been three states and he had won one of them.

The situation now is totally different and it is more than obvious that Gingrich cannot win and is only screwing over his conservative base for what reason? Childish petulance?

I used to defend Newt, but right now he is making his critics look like they had him nailed down pretty acurately; all ego and no devotion to the cause.

i have to ask, how the heck can Newt piss off the GOP elite? He's the biggest elitist the GOP has!

The rest of your analysis is dead on. But Newt wont drop out. His ego won't let him.

Newt can save face now.

i have to ask, how the heck can Newt piss off the GOP elite? He's the biggest elitist the GOP has!

The rest of your analysis is dead on. But Newt wont drop out. His ego won't let him.

The GOP elite is the old Rockefeller branch of the party that basically represents North Eastern banks and international corporations. And they are solidly behind Romney as his Super PAC and all the money he has spent should prove.

These people are disciplined, know what they want and react quicfkly to a fluid situation. They are scared to death that the Tea Party movement will take control of the GOP and away from them, and Romney is their stalking horse to purge the GOP of Tea Party members who wont sell out.

TPM people should note who is coming out in support of ROmmney in this critical time and wash their hands of those sell outs.

But really, the TPM is not well led, its membership is not too bright and they are quite gullible as the fact that so many of them are supporting Rommney demonstrates.

Wyoming is the Democrat side. Totally irrelevant to the Republican primaries.

Oh, so why has PMSNBC been putting up WY stats all night. I guess they were confused, too.

Doesn't matter. Voter participation was down in nearly every state that voted last night.

Romney's going to have about as much enthusiasm as a root canal.

Wyoming is the Democrat side. Totally irrelevant to the Republican primaries.

Oh, so why has PMSNBC been putting up WY stats all night. I guess they were confused, too.

Doesn't matter. Voter participation was down in nearly every state that voted last night.

Romney's going to have about as much enthusiasm as a root canal.

That's the problem. Here's the breakdown of the four candidates:

Newt: Can not possibly win now. But he's staying in out of pure spite. Seems to honestly believe he'd be winning if not for Rick Santorum. Hard to say who he hates more: Rick or Mitt. He will never drop out.

Rick Santorum: Too broke and too disorganized to beat a liberal governor from a liberal state in the Republican primaries. If Newt dropped, he'd stand a chance for about 5 minutes before Mitt buried him under huge piles of money just thrown at the race. However, he's second place so he won't drop.

Ron Paul: Can't win. Knows he can't win. At this point he's in to get his message out there like some kind of Old Testament prophet of old. Even if he dropped, it's unlikely his supporters would flock to any of the other candidates so he might as well stay.

Mitt Romney: Can't seem to accept/understand/grasp that he'd lose 60/40 to a "Not Mitt" candidate, if only one solidified into existence. He's like the annoying kid no one ever invites to the party, but shows up anyways. Winning entirely due to his bottomless money bag. However, the longer this goes on, the more to the Right he has to move, the more negative he has to go in the battleground states. At this point, he's looking at a Pyrrhic victory at best. He'll be too broken down after winning the nod to actually win the General.

The truth is, now that Ohio went to Mitt the race is all but over. The problem is that all of the candidates are flailing around like a chicken with their head cut off. Too stupid to know they're dead, but determined anyways to do as much damage as they can on the way out. IF IF IF the nomination process ended tomorrow, Mitt might stand a fairly good shot at beating Obama. But the longer this goes on, the worse his odds get.

The truth is, now that Ohio went to Mitt the race is all but over. The problem is that all of the candidates are flailing around like a chicken with their head cut off. Too stupid to know they're dead, but determined anyways to do as much damage as they can on the way out. IF IF IF the nomination process ended tomorrow, Mitt might stand a fairly good shot at beating Obama. But the longer this goes on, the worse his odds get.

You think you could polish obama's ass with your pompoms any harder while you lick his boots?

There is NO WAY IN HELL the kenyan will win reelection, no matter WHAT happens during the republican primaries.

obama will lose in a land slide.

Last edited:

You think you could polish obama's ass with your pompoms any harder while you lick his boots?

There is NO WAY IN HELL the kenyan will win reelection, no matter WHAT happens during the republican primaries.

Eh. I don't think he deserves to win. I'm planning on voting for Mitt in the General.

The problem is that everyone is so concerned with winning the nomination, they're poisoning the well in the general. When you have a vicious hard fought primary in battleground states like Ohio and Florida, you have a lot of work to do to win back your own divided base and the Moderates who just watched you sling mud with sickening precision.

Now, if the nomination process ended soon, Mitt could start repairing the damage he's done to himself in this process. But the race keeps going, keeps traveling to battleground states where he keeps damaging himself just to win.

The general isn't a lock for Obama, but if you're thinking it'll be an easy win for the GOP you're quite frankly insane. Obama is going to fight hard, his proxies are going to fight hard, and right now the GOP Nomination process is doing their work for free. The longer this goes on, the more likely an Obama victory will be.

Eh. I don't think he deserves to win. I'm planning on voting for Mitt in the General.

The problem is that everyone is so concerned with winning the nomination, they're poisoning the well in the general. When you have a vicious hard fought primary in battleground states like Ohio and Florida, you have a lot of work to do to win back your own divided base and the Moderates who just watched you sling mud with sickening precision.

Now, if the nomination process ended soon, Mitt could start repairing the damage he's done to himself in this process. But the race keeps going, keeps traveling to battleground states where he keeps damaging himself just to win.

The general isn't a lock for Obama, but if you're thinking it'll be an easy win for the GOP you're quite frankly insane. Obama is going to fight hard, his proxies are going to fight hard, and right now the GOP Nomination process is doing their work for free. The longer this goes on, the more likely an Obama victory will be.

I totally disagree with your thoughts on all levels. I don't believe any damage at all is being done the republican candidates. I think this election cycle is making them tough and ready, and nothing I've seen or heard is making me dislike any one of them. I'll back which ever one wins. The only people that are parroting this "the republicans are hurting themselves" bull shit is the LIBERALS, so I think you're either gullible or here spreading crap.

I totally disagree with your thoughts on all levels. I don't believe any damage at all is being done the republican candidates. I think this election cycle is making them tough and ready, and nothing I've seen or heard is making me dislike any one of them. I'll back which ever one wins. The only people that are parroting this "the republicans are hurting themselves" bull shit is the LIBERALS, so I think you're either gullible or here spreading crap.
You're free to have your own opinion on it. One thing you can't deny is that this process is flat out wasting money that should be spent in the General. Citizens means that Obama is going to have huge cash store in play and a pretty effective group of proxies.

Deny the damage done by the negative ads in the battleground states if you want, but even if none of that sticks come the General, the money spent is gone. Wasted targeting the other GOP candidates, and not Obama.

If Mitt wants to win, he desperately needs to get back on to attacking Obama and off of going after Santorum. But that isn't likely to happen as no one is dropping out.

Forum List

Back