who do you think will be the next president?

Big_D

Jul 15, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
I think Huckabee will win the GOP nomination and Edwards will be the democratic choice and the next president. What do you all think?

I'm interested to hear how you think that Edwards is going to win the nomination, Big D.

Since Obama and Clinton are both touting experience as vital and the media seems to be going along with them on that debate - how exactly is a one-term senator who spent so much of his time campaigning for other jobs that his own state dumped him going to prove that he has the necessary requirements to be president?

As I see it - one of the strongest moments Bush had during the last Presidential campaign was when someone asked him what the difference between Cheney and Edwards was. Without missing a beat, Bush said, "Dick Cheney could be president."

Agree or not, like Cheney or hate him, Bush quickly and (for once) eloquently summed up America's concern about the fact that Edwards had very little experience and was asking to sit one seat away from leader of this nation. The nation decided they just weren't comfortable with that. Has something changed so drastically with Edwards that America is ready to reconsider? I don't think so...not with Clinton and Obama in front of him.

Ron Paul will win. He will abolish the IRS and along with that the federal reserve. He will free us from the chains of slavery we are subject to with rampant taxation and expansion of the fiat money supply.

On Dec 16th in rememberance of the Boston Tea Party against oppressive taxation, there will be a record breaking money drive that will break all records and thrust Ron Paul into the presidency. We will see progress like you'd never believe once the American people are freed of their chains.

Ron Paul will win. He will abolish the IRS and along with that the federal reserve. He will free us from the chains of slavery we are subject to with rampant taxation and expansion of the fiat money supply.

On Dec 16th in rememberance of the Boston Tea Party against oppressive taxation, there will be a record breaking money drive that will break all records and thrust Ron Paul into the presidency. We will see progress like you'd never believe once the American people are freed of their chains.

Ron has some great ideas. Because of that he doesn't stand a chance of winning. Pity.

I second the motion. :eusa_clap:

Ron has some great ideas. Because of that he doesn't stand a chance of winning. Pity.

Such a horrible attitude to have as an American. If you really believe that good ideas will disqualify you from being president, then you must have already lost hope for this country.

There's a revolution going on right now, and it's not being televised. Let's just wait and see what happens come primary season. Never forget that landline phone polls are anything BUT a scientific method of obtaining the majority consensus.

Interesting thread.

I don't think Edwards will come close to making the ticket unless he is someones VP. Unfortunately, it seems that Clinton and Obama are going to give each other the butting ram treatment. I don't know which will be chosen but I'm betting it has everyting to do with who is the GOP nominee. I think it would take Hilary to beat Rudy but Obama could beat Huckabee, Mccain and Romney. On the flipside, Rudy would beat Obama and the rest would be tore apart by election day for their various baggage. Like Perot, Buchannan, Harry Brown and Nader I think RP will be the impotent wildcard that has no chance of winning but could upset the turnout for the dems and pubs. It will be interesting in 08 because RP has managed to attract a lot of support from BOTH sides of the spectrum istead of snagging them from just one side.

Personally, I wish Clinton would sit out in 08 and reconsider a presidential run in a couple cycles. I think Dems will win in 08 but they are recieving the ball in a landmine ridden field of politics. If they don't clear the hurdle in 08 then 12 will be a disaster. Instead of the infighting, She should sit back and be a senator until '16 and work on her Thatcher impression. Let Obama win or lose in 08, remain in office or lose it in '12 and then dust off Hillary in '16.

Interesting thread.

I don't think Edwards will come close to making the ticket unless he is someones VP. Unfortunately, it seems that Clinton and Obama are going to give each other the butting ram treatment. I don't know which will be chosen but I'm betting it has everyting to do with who is the GOP nominee. I think it would take Hilary to beat Rudy but Obama could beat Huckabee, Mccain and Romney. On the flipside, Rudy would beat Obama and the rest would be tore apart by election day for their various baggage. Like Perot, Buchannan, Harry Brown and Nader I think RP will be the impotent wildcard that has no chance of winning but could upset the turnout for the dems and pubs. It will be interesting in 08 because RP has managed to attract a lot of support from BOTH sides of the spectrum istead of snagging them from just one side.

Personally, I wish Clinton would sit out in 08 and reconsider a presidential run in a couple cycles. I think Dems will win in 08 but they are recieving the ball in a landmine ridden field of politics. If they don't clear the hurdle in 08 then 12 will be a disaster. Instead of the infighting, She should sit back and be a senator until '16 and work on her Thatcher impression. Let Obama win or lose in 08, remain in office or lose it in '12 and then dust off Hillary in '16.

no one in government cares what you think the cfr selected Hilary and the 4th branch will ensure her victory...elections are a illusion...revoluion is the only solution

no one in government cares what you think the cfr selected Hilary and the 4th branch will ensure her victory...elections are a illusion...revoluion is the only solution

I'd love to see the evidence for that one.

I'd really like to see Thompson as the nominee. I think anytime, whether their left-minded or right-minded, someone that is not an ingrained politician is is elected it's a good thing. I think it's interesting that even though it's legal for the majority of people in this country to be President it always falls to a select few elected officials that are considered qualified.

So that's why I kind of like Thompson. I thought he did okay in the YouTube debate. I still think the nomination will be one of the underdogs on both sides. I don't think thinking Edwards will get the nod is too dumb. I think he is probably the most electable democrat. I think Hillary will ultimately come down to gender. Come election day I dont' think many men will have the stomach to vote for a woman president. And she doesn't have much a female contingent either.

Like Perot, Buchannan, Harry Brown and Nader I think RP will be the impotent wildcard that has no chance of winning but could upset the turnout for the dems and pubs. It will be interesting in 08 because RP has managed to attract a lot of support from BOTH sides of the spectrum istead of snagging them from just one side.

I find it weird that a Democrat would ever contemplate voting for Ron Paul. That would be a single issue vote, as they only agree with him on Iraq. Even the rest of his foreign policy they disagree with him on, as he doesn't see the need to take a big part in the world community or be leader of the free world. His view on government, taxes, spending, federalism, all flies in the face of 100 years of Democratic Party positions. He is also pro-life and a strict constructionist.

I on the other hand disagree with him on only one issue - that we should withdraw our presence from the Arabian Peninsula because of how it inflames radical morons to violence - because it would cripple the US economy. However, I don't see that as a big enough issue because we are currently in the painful process of energy independence and because I think Congress could stop him from doing anything too dangerous to our economy in that area...

I find it weird that a Democrat would ever contemplate voting for Ron Paul. That would be a single issue vote, as they only agree with him on Iraq. Even the rest of his foreign policy they disagree with him on, as he doesn't see the need to take a big part in the world community or be leader of the free world. His view on government, taxes, spending, federalism, all flies in the face of 100 years of Democratic Party positions. He is also pro-life and a strict constructionist.

I on the other hand disagree with him on only one issue - that we should withdraw our presence from the Arabian Peninsula because of how it inflames radical morons to violence - because it would cripple the US economy. However, I don't see that as a big enough issue because we are currently in the painful process of energy independence and because I think Congress could stop him from doing anything too dangerous to our economy in that area...

why would any Conservative vote for pro- abortion pro -gun control pro- illegal alien gilliani ? and why wouldn't ever conservative vote for ron paul who by your description sounds like the only true Conservative in the running ?

There are probably more "leftists" out there who appreciate the constitution and the lure of libertarianism than you may think. I'd rather live with republicans that fly RPs direction than what we've seen the last couple of elections. I think he'd be quicker to consider middle ground than every other republican candidate anyway (except maybe for Rudy.. But i want to wait and see how far he bends over for the far right once the choices are narrowed). That, alone, is worth the nod. Like I said, I don't think RP has a chance but I think he has the potential to impact major candidates in the two major parties.

And I've seen LOTS of otherwise lefty dems take up the RP cause. Maybe it's indicative of a yearning for swift change instead of sticking around in the quagmire of polarized 20th century politics. who knows.

taxi-driver-you-talkin-to-me-5000052.jpg

Such a horrible attitude to have as an American. If you really believe that good ideas will disqualify you from being president, then you must have already lost hope for this country.

There's a revolution going on right now, and it's not being televised. Let's just wait and see what happens come primary season. Never forget that landline phone polls are anything BUT a scientific method of obtaining the majority consensus.

Are we on the same planet? Let's see. Good ideas that don't have a hope in hell of passing are all over the place. Like it or not the reality is that if you are actually a "constitutionalist" as opposed to any of the other labels, you don't stand a chance. No welfare. There goes a huge voting block. Reduction in the size/scope/influence of the .gov in your life....... There goes any shot at converting the majority of the folks who vote democrat. Fix taxation so that no one benifits over the others....... there goes the business vote.

IF you ignore the sensationalizing of his comments, RP is a Constitutionalist. Problem is that constitutionalism went out of style first the 1860's when states rights effectively died, then again in the 1930's when a small government became a historical footnote.

OBTW, I haven't lost hope in anything yet. But I am a realist and as a public service I call em just as I see em. Without a massive educational program on the great unwashed, RP stands about as much a chance as I of getting the big chair.

Before you make assumptions about someone you know nothing about, read up on me. You can start with the posts I have done here there's only about seventeen hunnert or so. Or, you can check out the blog I do, less posts more details. I would dance in the streets if RP got elected.

..elections are a illusion...revoluion is the only solution

Great line, Great line. Getcher self an agent and go on tour as DJ EZ Eots. You go dude. Points. Word.

Forum List

Back