who do you think will be the next president?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Big_D, Dec 11, 2007.

1. Big_D

Big_D Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +34
    I think Huckabee will win the GOP nomination and Edwards will be the democratic choice and the next president. What do you all think?

2. eots

eots no fly list

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,606
    the CFR has decided that it will be Hilary and nothing short of a grassroots revolution will stop that. the rest is all smoke and mirrors

3. Gem

Gem BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +782
    I'm interested to hear how you think that Edwards is going to win the nomination, Big D.

Since Obama and Clinton are both touting experience as vital and the media seems to be going along with them on that debate - how exactly is a one-term senator who spent so much of his time campaigning for other jobs that his own state dumped him going to prove that he has the necessary requirements to be president?

As I see it - one of the strongest moments Bush had during the last Presidential campaign was when someone asked him what the difference between Cheney and Edwards was. Without missing a beat, Bush said, "Dick Cheney could be president."

Agree or not, like Cheney or hate him, Bush quickly and (for once) eloquently summed up America's concern about the fact that Edwards had very little experience and was asking to sit one seat away from leader of this nation. The nation decided they just weren't comfortable with that. Has something changed so drastically with Edwards that America is ready to reconsider? I don't think so...not with Clinton and Obama in front of him.

4. ronpaul2008

ronpaul2008 Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Ron Paul will win. He will abolish the IRS and along with that the federal reserve. He will free us from the chains of slavery we are subject to with rampant taxation and expansion of the fiat money supply.

On Dec 16th in rememberance of the Boston Tea Party against oppressive taxation, there will be a record breaking money drive that will break all records and thrust Ron Paul into the presidency. We will see progress like you'd never believe once the American people are freed of their chains.

5. pegwinn

pegwinn Top of the Food Chain

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +329
    Ron has some great ideas. Because of that he doesn't stand a chance of winning. Pity.

6. Threedee

Threedee Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I second the motion. :eusa_clap:

7. Paulie

Paulie Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +15,539
    Such a horrible attitude to have as an American. If you really believe that good ideas will disqualify you from being president, then you must have already lost hope for this country.

There's a revolution going on right now, and it's not being televised. Let's just wait and see what happens come primary season. Never forget that landline phone polls are anything BUT a scientific method of obtaining the majority consensus.

8. Shogun

Shogun Free: Mudholes Stomped

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,260
    Interesting thread.

I don't think Edwards will come close to making the ticket unless he is someones VP. Unfortunately, it seems that Clinton and Obama are going to give each other the butting ram treatment. I don't know which will be chosen but I'm betting it has everyting to do with who is the GOP nominee. I think it would take Hilary to beat Rudy but Obama could beat Huckabee, Mccain and Romney. On the flipside, Rudy would beat Obama and the rest would be tore apart by election day for their various baggage. Like Perot, Buchannan, Harry Brown and Nader I think RP will be the impotent wildcard that has no chance of winning but could upset the turnout for the dems and pubs. It will be interesting in 08 because RP has managed to attract a lot of support from BOTH sides of the spectrum istead of snagging them from just one side.

Personally, I wish Clinton would sit out in 08 and reconsider a presidential run in a couple cycles. I think Dems will win in 08 but they are recieving the ball in a landmine ridden field of politics. If they don't clear the hurdle in 08 then 12 will be a disaster. Instead of the infighting, She should sit back and be a senator until '16 and work on her Thatcher impression. Let Obama win or lose in 08, remain in office or lose it in '12 and then dust off Hillary in '16.

9. eots

eots no fly list

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,606
    no one in government cares what you think the cfr selected Hilary and the 4th branch will ensure her victory...elections are a illusion...revoluion is the only solution

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  10. actsnoblemartin

actsnoblemartin I love Andrea & April

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +407
    I like some of ron paul's ideas too.

I think mike huckabee vs. hillary clinton