Who cost Hillary the election???

We're coming up on 2 years after the Presidential election, and the Democrats/Liberals are still crying over Hillary's epic loss. Hillary herself has blamed everyone & everything, except herself which is quite self defeating. Too bad she didn't have the fortitude to just stand up & admit her own responsibility. But I'm not interested in that.

What I want to know is just who did cost her the election & how??? Nevermind the current or ongoing narrative of Mueller's investigation. Who do YOU think is responsible & why or how???

If you are or were a Hillary supporter...…..were you or anyone you know influenced in any way to either vote against her? Or not vote at all???(which is a vote for someone, in and of itself mind you)

The biggest thing was the system.

Trump got -2.8 million
Obama got + 5 million and +9.5 million
Dubya got -500,000 and +3 million
Clinton got +8 million and +5.8 million

Not since Jimmy Carter has a Democrat got less than +5 million to get elected.

In that time Republicans have failed TWICE (that's half their presidents) to gain the popular vote, and Dubya managed to win with only 3 million.

In fact if you do the math, the Republicans have a massive advantage, especially with smaller states.

Wyoming is the smallest, staunch Republican.
Vermont is next. Staunch Democrat.
North Dakota, staunch Republican
Alaska, staunch Republican.
South Dakota, staunch Republican.
Delaware, staunch Democrat.
Montana, staunch Republican

These are the states of less than 1 million as of 2010.

2 Democrat, 5 Republican.

Those states are some of the least populated AKA least amount of Electorates......and it is the Electoral vote count that determines the Presidency.

So tell me, did anything or anyone influence your vote??

I'm struggling to see the connection between what I wrote and what you wrote.

These states are the least populated. Each state has at least 3 electoral college votes. This means that a state the size of Wyoming, half a million people, gets three votes. That's 6 votes per million people.

A state like California has 55 electoral college votes. At 40 million people, that's just over one vote per million people.

Do you see the problem?

We're coming up on 2 years after the Presidential election, and the Democrats/Liberals are still crying over Hillary's epic loss. Hillary herself has blamed everyone & everything, except herself which is quite self defeating. Too bad she didn't have the fortitude to just stand up & admit her own responsibility. But I'm not interested in that.

What I want to know is just who did cost her the election & how??? Nevermind the current or ongoing narrative of Mueller's investigation. Who do YOU think is responsible & why or how???

If you are or were a Hillary supporter...…..were you or anyone you know influenced in any way to either vote against her? Or not vote at all???(which is a vote for someone, in and of itself mind you)

Trump got -2.8 million

In that time Republicans have failed TWICE (that's half their presidents) to gain the popular vote, and Dubya managed to win with only 3 million.

In fact if you do the math, the Republicans have a massive advantage, especially with smaller states.

Those states are some of the least populated AKA least amount of Electorates......and it is the Electoral vote count that determines the Presidency.

These states are the least populated. Each state has at least 3 electoral college votes. This means that a state the size of Wyoming, half a million people, gets three votes. That's 6 votes per million people.

A state like California has 55 electoral college votes. At 40 million people, that's just over one vote per million people.

Do you see the problem?

The problem I can see is that you're still comparing the popular vote to win the election. Those states total 21 Electorates, though 270 is needed to win. Those 21 votes wouldn't have changed the outcome.

And once again...….did anyone or anything influence your vote or anyone you knew?

Trump got -2.8 million

Do you see the problem?

The problem I can see is that you're still comparing the popular vote to win the election. Those states total 21 Electorates, though 270 is needed to win. Those 21 votes wouldn't have changed the outcome.

And once again...….did anyone or anything influence your vote or anyone you knew?

Oh yes, I know all of that.

The little states don't matter even with 3 times the voting power.

It's interesting because some right wingers use the argument that the Electoral College is essential because it gives smaller states a say, when really it doesn't.

No, but then the other problem is this.

There are only 12 states that matter. They make up 20% of the US's population.

ads-mccain-v-obama-2008.png

Here's a nice little map of advertising spending for TV ads.

bbstates_custom-e0c6c871e5a185100d0be94271fba73c0a365998-s4.jpg

Here's another one.

Yes, the US system basically says to the residents of 38 states. "FUCK YOU, YOU DON'T MATTER".

You think this system is a good system?

Personally I prefer Proportional Representation. With this, Trump and Hillary probably wouldn't have been contesting this election at all.

There should have been no election for Hillary. She was a proven felon who should have been indicted and in prison, not on a ballot.

Trump got -2.8 million

Do you see the problem?

It's interesting because some right wingers use the argument that the Electoral College is essential because it gives smaller states a say, when really it doesn't.

Here's another one.

Yes, the US system basically says to the residents of 38 states. "FUCK YOU, YOU DON'T MATTER".

Personally I prefer Proportional Representation. With this, Trump and Hillary probably wouldn't have been contesting this election at all.

True that the East Coast usually determine the election long before the West's polls close. Regardless of what I think of the system, it is what we have.

Still...….did anyone or anything influence your vote or someone you know

Ah.....NO

Did it say anything different than what she's told every interviewer since???

I wouldn't know since I didn't read it either

But it's well known that all 17 'intelligence' agencies agreed it was her turn because she's a women and the most qualified princess in history so there has to be an logical explanation why she didn't receive her rightful crown... the deplorable Russians did it...

:popcorn:

Trump got -2.8 million

Do you see the problem?

Here's another one.

True that the East Coast usually determine the election long before the West's polls close. Regardless of what I think of the system, it is what we have.

Still...….did anyone or anything influence your vote or someone you know

So, you're argument here is A) it's the system we've got and B) "did anyone influence your vote"

The first part tells me that it's the system that we've got that got Hillary defeated, and second you seem to like this question because you think it's going to do what? What is that question supposed to do for your argument?

Hillary Clinton.
She didn't campaign in states she thought she had wrapped up.

I know of nobody who thought Trump was a better candidate; only those who didn't want Hillary as President.

Was your vote influenced in any way???
No.
I was a Hillary supporter in 2008 and in 2016. If she is the nominee in 2020, I will vote for her although I think the Democrats need to move in a different direction.

Hillary Clinton.

I know of nobody who thought Trump was a better candidate; only those who didn't want Hillary as President.

No.
I was a Hillary supporter in 2008 and in 2016. If she is the nominee in 2020, I will vote for her although I think the Democrats need to move in a different direction.

Mainly because you don't have much choice.

In Germany they have lots of choice.

In the US they have as much choice as the Chinese when they go to vote.

Hillary Clinton.

No.

I agree we need election reform.

Hillary cost Hillary the election. Anyone who says or thinks otherwise is a moron who should log off and mow the lawn while barefoot in a lightning storm.

Hillary Clinton.

Was yours? You just missed the big picture. SMH.

Hillary Clinton.

No.

Well, I've been going on about Proportional Representation for years.

Republicans don't like it because they know they'll lose their unfair advantage, and Democrats don't like it because... no idea.

Both sides don't want change because they haven't been told to want it.

I honestly Think that lot of people didn't wanna vote for both, also The FBI and Russia gave the orange a little push.

Issa, you have proved you are pretty crazy, uneducated and pretty clueless in previous threads so your theory might soothe your butthurtness but it denies the fact The Donald won in a LANDSLIDE.

Hillary Clinton.

No.

Well, I've been going on about Proportional Representation for years.

Republicans don't like it because they know they'll lose their unfair advantage, and Democrats don't like it because... no idea.

Both sides don't want change because they haven't been told to want it.

Can you give me a paragraph describing it?

Forum List

Back