Who Cares What They Do At Home?

All federal and state official business in the United States should be conducted in English, especially voting procedures.

A certain proficiency in English is a requirement for citizenship, after all.

Nearly half in top 5 U.S. cities don’t speak English at home, record 67 million
This is the heart of the Trump movement. Not the economy, not foreign polucy, not taxes, not trade, not law enforcement, etc. It is the crippling fear of the “other;” a fear that people different than you are taking your status away from people who look like you. As a country that’s almost 100% made up of immigrants and their descendants, this fear has existed since the creation of the country, and evil people have used it persecute minorities since that time.

All federal and state official business in the United States should be conducted in English, especially voting procedures.

This is the heart of the Trump movement. Not the economy, not foreign polucy, not taxes, not trade, not law enforcement, etc. It is the crippling fear of the “other;” a fear that people different than you are taking your status away from people who look like you. As a country that’s almost 100% made up of immigrants and their descendants, this fear has existed since the creation of the country, and evil people have used it persecute minorities since that time.
I’m all for easy immigration and am pretty liberal on the topic but the OP does bring up a fair point. Shouldn’t language be part of the process? If not then why?

I’m all for easy immigration and am pretty liberal on the topic but the OP does bring up a fair point. Shouldn’t language be part of the process? If not then why?
Language has never been a major part of the process. Why do you think there are Germantown’s, Little Italies, Chinatown’s, Little Korea’s, etc. Studies show 2nd and 3rd generation immigrants become fully integrated. That’s how it has always been in this country.

Language has never been a major part of the process. Why do you think there are Germantown’s, Little Italies, Chinatown’s, Little Korea’s, etc. Studies show 2nd and 3rd generation immigrants become fully integrated. That’s how it has always been in this country.
The larger those “towns” grow the less integrated those people become from the rest of American society and the longer it takes for future generations to acclimate. Do you see that as a good or bad thing?

The larger those “towns” grow the less integrated those people become from the rest of American society and the longer it takes for future generations to acclimate. Do you see that as a good or bad thing?
They have always acclimated, and we have become the wealthiest, most powerful nation in the world. You will never succeed at convincing me to wish harm on innocent people because they don’t look or sound like me.

They have always acclimated, and we have become the wealthiest, most powerful nation in the world. You will never succeed at convincing me to wish harm on innocent people because they don’t look or sound like me.
I would never try and convince you or anybody else to inflict harm on innocent people. Why would you even say that?

I would never try and convince you or anybody else to inflict harm on innocent people. Why would you even say that?
That’s what the Trump movement has centered around when it comes to immigrants and minorities, and you’ve spoken in support of it in this thread.

You know, if you join the US military, you are required to conduct all official business in English. Rule was made when we started to take in citizens from the Philippines.

And, because that is the way I spent all my adult life (in the military), I think that it's a pretty good rule. If you are conducting official US business and you are here legally, you should practice learning to speak English.

And, whatever you do in the company of friends and family is what you do. Has no bearing on me. But, conducting official business, you should do it in English.

That’s what the Trump movement has centered around when it comes to immigrants and minorities, and you’ve spoken in support of it in this thread.
I find Trumps immigration policy disgusting and I have not supported it. You should read more carefully

why does the USA a country of 310 million legal residents in 2010 census and at least the advertised 11 million illegals need more imported third worlders for eh ??

why does the USA a country of 310 million legal residents in 2010 census and at least the advertised 11 million illegals need more imported third worlders for eh ??
To give more support and power to the DNC's multinational, globalist agenda.

What, you didn't know?

Why does this site need any more than the 26,000 posts you have already made exactly the same as this one, Spam-bot?

A certain proficiency in English is a requirement for citizenship, after all....

No, it's not. It is a requirement for naturalization.

To become a U.S. citizen, you must:

• Have had a Permanent Resident (Green) Card for at least five years, or for at least three years if you’re filing as the spouse of a U.S. citizen
    • If you apply for naturalization less than six months before your Permanent Resident Card expires, or do not apply for naturalization until your card has already expired, you must renew your card.
    • You can apply for naturalization before you receive your new Green Card, but you’ll need to submit a photocopy of the receipt of your Form I-90, Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card, when you receive it.
  • Meet certain eligibility requirements including being
    • At least 18 years old at the time of filing
    • Able to read, write, and speak basic English
    • A person of good moral character

How to Apply for U.S. Citizenship | USAGov

A certain proficiency in English is a requirement for citizenship, after all....

• Have had a Permanent Resident (Green) Card for at least five years, or for at least three years if you’re filing as the spouse of a U.S. citizen
    • If you apply for naturalization less than six months before your Permanent Resident Card expires, or do not apply for naturalization until your card has already expired, you must renew your card.
    • You can apply for naturalization before you receive your new Green Card, but you’ll need to submit a photocopy of the receipt of your Form I-90, Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card, when you receive it.

Read my post more carefully, genius.

Read my post more carefully, genius.

I did. Next?

Forum List

Back