who can afford to buy a house?

Auld Phart

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Mar 3, 2013

"
"One measure of the strength of the housing market is the relationship of current prices to their historical levels," Craig J. Lazzara, managing director at S&P DJI, said in the press release. "On that dimension, it’s worth noting that the National Composite, the 10-City Composite, and seven individual cities (Atlanta, Boston, Charlotte, Chicago, Detroit, Miami, and New York) stand at their all-time highs."

"On a year-to-date basis, the National Composite has risen 5.8%, which is well above the median full calendar year increase in more than 35 years of data," he added."

35 years?

Must be Trumps fault.

The world does not come to the have nots and fall right into their laps.

You can use statistics to make any kind of case. The fact of the matter is that home prices were so low that an increase seems like a record. It's the time span that's a record not the prices.

1699116128622.png

You can use statistics to make any kind of case. The fact of the matter is that home prices were so low that an increase seems like a record. It's the time span that's a record not the prices.

Yep. Famous people do it. Note the endorsement above the title.

1699116259498.jpeg

I could afford a decent house in my area if I really wanted to.

Zero interest in owning a house to be honest.

I hate yard work. I have no kids, I don’t need the space. No interest in cleaning a house or in paying someone to do so.

I do like the idea of a condo that I’d own, yet have people to maintain the yard, shovel the snow, etc. But renting works fine for my life right now.

I get why some people want to own a house. But I don’t get why home ownership is held up as some holy, universal goal.

For many of us, home is just a place to chill and sleep when we’re not out working or living life.

I hate yard work. I have no kids, I don’t need the space. No interest in cleaning a house or in paying someone to do so.

I do like the idea of a condo that I’d own, yet have people to maintain the yard, shovel the snow, etc. But renting works fine for my life right now.

I get why some people want to own a house. But I don’t get why home ownership is held up as some holy, universal goal.

For many of us, home is just a place to chill and sleep when we’re not out working or living life.
I have two homes ( Mountain ) ( Country) and it’s Tough to keep them Going ( Not monetarily but having time )

Renting is not what achievers shoot for so very naturally ,as you described yourself, you cannot understand

Forum List

Back