who can afford to buy a house?

4 bd4,462 sqft
3488 Meadow Sound Dr, De Pere, WI 54115
: $662,500 Sold on 10/27/23: $655,600

You either bought this house a week before yesterday, or you're full of shit.

Go with the latter, so you don't get doxxed.
That photo is a house that looks like mine. I never said it was my home. Now I expect an apology from you.

It is too bad that we have to have trolls posting on a non political thread.

Both are pictures of houses that you don't own. Your post above the beautiful house that you don't own, states that your mortgage is paid off, and you have no intention of moving. Then you throw up the house picture.
I'm not going to apologize for calling out your bullshit.
You should apologize for accusing me of posting a photo of my home. Once again it is a photo similar to the home I own. I should report you for misleading other members here.

Coeur d'Alene, ID is the craziest place I've heard of. The property values there are unbelievable. A shack on a postage stamp lot will run close to $300K with run of the mill tract homes pulling near $500 or more. They are building condos right and left with 3/4 to a million dollar price tags. Like MT, the folks that have been born and raised there have little chance of living where they grew up and owning homes.

When I was leaving Washington, I contemplated MT until I got a better look at their prices. INSANE!

I built my own existence when no bank would lend me a dime

I literally lived in a hole in the ground doing it

Now they all want to extend a 'line of credit' to me, as the claim all the waste from job sites i dragged home is now accessed @ 1/3 a mil

I'm not writing this to you to puff my chest out, i'm writing you this because most of you could be masters of your own universe, you just need to realize you can be

~S~

Our state legislation is trying to pass laws to freeze it for anyone over 55? I think and cap it at 2 or 3% otherwise
Jarvis Gann capped increases to no more than 1% and the property can only be reassessed every five years or upon sale. A lot of folks complained that it wasn't fair that two identical houses, side by side, could pay vastly different tax rates. The difference was one was purchases last year at current rates and the other was purchased 20 years ago at the rate at that time. It kept people from being taxed out of their homes.

YIKES!!!! Many new homes going up in the outer edge of the small rural town I live in. Wonder how that's going to turn out.

If it gets a tad crowded for you, 'atmosphere' takes a dive or you get priced out(gentrification), there may be some viable options(?) still available for you. Your "YIKES" caught my attention as you sound concerned about current developments in your area. I have listed the below links just in case you find yourself in need of relocating(hopefully not). I had two years experience(2005-2007) in the Grangeville/Harpster area & it reminded me a LOT of the Mayberry M.D. Andy Griffith T.V. show of old. Old world value system, SLOW lifestyle & reasonably cost of living. Sherriff deputies very friendly(back when I was there anyway) due to the relaxed lifestyle but that goes for the vast majority of folks in the general area that I met.

I sure hope all goes well for you @ your current location as your area sounds so right for you. Take care, wishing you the best, till next time!

If it gets a tad crowded for you, 'atmosphere' takes a dive or you get priced out(gentrification), there may be some viable options(?) still available for you. Your "YIKES" caught my attention as you sound concerned about current developments in your area. I have listed the below links just in case you find yourself in need of relocating(hopefully not). I had two years experience(2005-2007) in the Grangeville/Harpster area & it reminded me a LOT of the Mayberry M.D. Andy Griffith T.V. show of old. Old world value system, SLOW lifestyle & reasonably cost of living. Sherriff deputies very friendly(back when I was there anyway) due to the relaxed lifestyle but that goes for the vast majority of folks in the general area that I met.

I sure hope all goes well for you @ your current location as your area sounds so right for you. Take care, wishing you the best, till next time!

I doubt if there's even a remote possibility of moving, unless I stay here and talk my kinfolk into moving here and combining all our assets into one larger property. With all of our assets combined, we could get a large hobby farm, which is what interests all of us.

Thanks for your best wishes and same to you!

With all of our assets combined, we could get a large hobby farm, which is what interests all of us.
oh, so you watched too many green acres episodes too???

1699186448736.png

Forum List

Back