Who are your top major league baseball pitchers, all-time?

bluzman61

Diamond Member
Sep 3, 2019
Valparaiso, Indiana USA
I'm REALLY starting to miss baseball. So I've decided to keep it alive, at least by talking about it. My top 5 pitchers all-time are - 1) Walter Johnson - possibly THE most overpowering pitcher ever. He won over 400 games and finished his career with over 4,000 strikeouts. And I believe he holds the all-time record for shutouts with 110. Just a fantastic pitcher. 2) Sandy Koufax, my pick for the best left handed pitcher ever. His last several seasons were phenomenal, it's a shame he retired so young because of arm problems. 3) Cy Young, great pitcher, the award for pitcher of the year was quite aptly named after him. His 511 career wins will NEVER be broken. 4) Roger Clemens, I've included him despite his alleged steroid use. IF he wasn't guilty of this, he's definitely my #4 pick. From what I've read, it's hard to tell if he WAS guilty of using banned substances. He was nearly as overpowering a pitcher as Walter Johnson and he put up some eye-popping numbers throughout his career. 5) Randy Johnson, THE most overpowering and menacing left handed pitcher all-time. He had just a fantastic career, highlighted by his 2001 season, where he helped the Arizona Diamondbacks win it all, including their exciting 7 game World Series crown over the New York Yankees. And I believe he's the tallest major league baseball player ever, at 6 feet, 10 inches. So here's MY top picks, who are some of yours?

I'm REALLY starting to miss baseball. So I've decided to keep it alive, at least by talking about it. My top 5 pitchers all-time are - 1) Walter Johnson - possibly THE most overpowering pitcher ever. He won over 400 games and finished his career with over 4,000 strikeouts. And I believe he holds the all-time record for shutouts with 110. Just a fantastic pitcher. 2) Sandy Koufax, my pick for the best left handed pitcher ever. His last several seasons were phenomenal, it's a shame he retired so young because of arm problems. 3) Cy Young, great pitcher, the award for pitcher of the year was quite aptly named after him. His 511 career wins will NEVER be broken. 4) Roger Clemens, I've included him despite his alleged steroid use. IF he wasn't guilty of this, he's definitely my #4 pick. From what I've read, it's hard to tell if he WAS guilty of using banned substances. He was nearly as overpowering a pitcher as Walter Johnson and he put up some eye-popping numbers throughout his career. 5) Randy Johnson, THE most overpowering and menacing left handed pitcher all-time. He had just a fantastic career, highlighted by his 2001 season, where he helped the Arizona Diamondbacks win it all, including their exciting 7 game World Series crown over the New York Yankees. And I believe he's the tallest major league baseball player ever, at 6 feet, 10 inches. So here's MY top picks, who are some of yours?

As a chronic Dodger fan as a young kid in coastal SoCal, I saw Koufax pitch in I think '66 when I was maybe 7 or 8 years old years old. Always took my glove to the park and once caught a foul ball off one of his pitches. Still have it, wish it was autographed!

I'm with you man, I miss sports - ANY sport. On Friday I was so desperate that I resorted again to "sports entertainment" in the form of Friday Night Smackdown which is now being performed without an audience. SO embarrassing to admit.

But anyway, I haven't studied pitcher stats like you obviously have. But Koufax is my pick. He was also a tremendous role model and is yet at the age of 84, an all around GREAT guy.

sandy-koufax.jpg

Sandy was a frat brother of mine at U of Cincy Pi Lamda Phi Once had a blue book filled with his autographs He was in the minors at the time and I didn't keep it. It'd be worth big money now

As a chronic Dodger fan as a young kid in coastal SoCal, I saw Koufax pitch in I think '66 when I was maybe 7 or 8 years old years old. Always took my glove to the park and once caught a foul ball off one of his pitches. Still have it, wish it was autographed!

I'm with you man, I miss sports - ANY sport. On Friday I was so desperate that I resorted again to "sports entertainment" in the form of Friday Night Smackdown which is now being performed without an audience. SO embarrassing to admit.

But anyway, I haven't studied pitcher stats like you obviously have. But Koufax is my pick. He was also a tremendous role model and is yet at the age of 84, an all around GREAT guy.

sandy-koufax.jpg
I was a crazy Bum fan also but in Brooklyn not Cal Boyhood friend was Peter O'malley whose father owned the Dodgers Became the most hated man in B'klyn when he moved them to Cal

Forum List

Back