Who are the fools buying into more drilling?

The only fools I see are those who buy the idea that Drilling for our own oil would not be a good thing, and those who believe the propaganda that claims it will have little or no effect on prices.

Learn about futures markets and the Law of supply and demand!!

or you could keep ignoring the Economist who say it will help, and instead keep listening to the Democrat Policy committee.

The only fools I see are those who buy the idea that Drilling for our own oil would not be a good thing, and those who believe the propaganda that claims it will have little or no effect on prices.

or you could keep ignoring the Economist who say it will help, and instead keep listening to the Democrat Policy committee.

Ha. You keep these energy threads entertaining though, cause you spout off the same disproved points over and over and over and over.

Ha. You keep these energy threads entertaining though, cause you spout off the same disproved points over and over and over and over.

Nothing has been disproved, except maybe in the minds of Democrats and Liberals who choose to ignore the facts and Believe the Democrat Policy committee instead.

However keep believing the lies all you want, it does not bother me.

Nuclear energy powers 53% of southcarolina's electrical energy needs. If we can do it, anyone can.

Match that with wind, solar, geothermal, and biofuels and we'd get this nation to the point where we don't have to be deceived into wars to support our suv habits.

Actually, Charles, you unquestionably believe what you are told by the RNC. Quite a few of us google around, find conflicting reports, and decide that no one seems to be telling the truth.

For instance, what assurance do you have that the oil companies would give us a discount rate? Did you know that they are suing the federal government to get out of their agreement to pay royalties on profits over a $100 dollar a barrel price? If they get to own the oil leases, will they actually drill it? And if they do, will they pay for any screw ups they may cause...i.e. oil spills?

Nuclear energy powers 53% of southcarolina's electrical energy needs. If we can do it, anyone can.

Match that with wind, solar, geothermal, and biofuels and we'd get this nation to the point where we don't have to be deceived into wars to support our suv habits.

I agree whole 100% with this, but this will take time and in the mean time, I want to use our oil, not theirs!!

Only 12 million of the 21 Million barrels of Oil we use a day come from over seas, and Much of that could be replaced with expanded domestic drilling.

Actually, Charles, you unquestionably believe what you are told by the RNC. Quite a few of us google around, find conflicting reports, and decide that no one seems to be telling the truth.

No Ravi you choose to believe that about me. I like you Google around all the time. And I have read many a report, and article By ECONOMISTS who all say Drilling now would have an immediate effect on prices.

I would add that the Internet is not the only source of Information. I went to this thing called school where I learned all about supply and Demand, and even a little about Futures markets. I do not need anyone to tell me how they work, or if Drilling would have an effect on Prices. I know it will.

Also as I have said many times in the past, Prices are not the best reason to drill. The trade deficit and supplying Nations like Saudi with Billions of our money are 2 very good reasons to use our own oil, that have NOTHING to do with prices. Lowering Prices is simply the most popular reason frankly because most people do not pay much attention to politics, or Economics, but Everyone pays attention to their wallets.

I could care less what the Dems or Republicans say about it. I choose to believe Economists.

Last edited:
I agree whole 100% with this, but this will take time and in the mean time, I want to use our oil, not theirs!!

Only 12 million of the 21 Million barrels of Oil we use a day come from over seas, and Much of that could be replaced with expanded domestic drilling.

Bush is talking about tapping our reserves to peak oil at 1% of our daily consumption in 2030. What fantasy world do you live in where oil is traded decades in advance?

It only took this nation 30 years to get from a picnic sized computer to the ipod nano. I'm pretty damn sure we got the altE ball rolling a long time ago, and we shouldn't have much problem meeting the demand of altE as oil prices continue to rise.

If you put so much faith in markets, then let the demand for altE grow and watch the development increase exponentially.

Like I said chad, I am all for every alternative you can come up with. I just think the transition to them will take longer than you think. It is not just a matter of perfecting the tech. After it is perfected People have to transition to it. That will take time and Money. More time than I think you imagine it will.

I am not a drill only guy. I want to do it all. Every damn thing we can do to get us off foreign Oil ASAP and oil all together eventually.

OH and I could care less what Bush says about it, He is a moron. I choose to believe the countless economist who say that the mere act of announcing we plan to drill would effect price.

Also as I have said I do not think Prices should be the only reason, or are the best reason to drill. I am sure you know by know why I think we should do it. Franky it has little to do with Prices.

For instance, what assurance do you have that the oil companies would give us a discount rate? Did you know that they are suing the federal government to get out of their agreement to pay royalties on profits over a $100 dollar a barrel price? If they get to own the oil leases, will they actually drill it? And if they do, will they pay for any screw ups they may cause...i.e. oil spills?

bless you! sometimes I feel alone here.

Bobo should feel alone, alone in his own delusional dream world.

Hey Bobo why don't you negative rep me again like a child so I can repay you with 2 of the same. I do not initiate neg reps, but if you are going to be a child and do it to me, I will return the favor 2 fold :)

Oh an I am sorry to everyone else for breaking my no name calling rule, but for Bobo I will always make an exception. :)

Bobo should feel alone, alone in his own delusional dream world.

Hey Bobo why don't you negative rep me again like a child so I can repay you with 2 of the same. I do not initiate neg reps, but if you are going to be a child and do it to me, I will return the favor 2 fold :)

Oh an I am sorry to everyone else for breaking my no name calling rule, but for Bobo I will always make an exception. :)

You learned about s&d and futures in truck driving school? lol

Hey, I wonder if in monroe, mi today mccain mentioned the 1966 enrico fermi partial nuclear meltdown accident that happened?

I know this is hard for some but the fact is expanding drilling into environmentally sensative areas will not lower gas prices.

Not now and not for the foreseeable future. The drilling issue is again a distraction from the fact that we have allowed our dependence on oil to jepordize our security.

The future will belong to whoever first converts to an all electric society/economy. Fossil fuels are a relic from the past, championed by those who love to have us anti up everyday as we fill our gas tanks.

Photovotaics and wind generation are off the shelf technologies just waiting for us to use.

Had we not followed the direction of Bush and Cheney for the last eight years we could have been well on our way to a clean and sustainable future of cheap and abundant energy.

The money spent in Iraq could have been invested in this future, instead it was wasted trying to hold onto the past. That past only enriches the rich while impovershing our whole nation.

Bullshit. Just announcing we intend to drill will lower gas prices. Do you think doing nothing while we remain dependent on oil is sheer genius? That begs the question WHO is the fool?

The money invested in foreign oil FAR outweighs the money spent in Iraq. Of course, we're MUCH brighter. We can build windmills up the ass with no regard for what wildlife they disturb, but heabven forbid we touch the 85% of OUR OWN oil reserve because we migh force some fish to fuck a few feet away.

Get a little reality into your argument, huh?

Bullshit. Just announcing we intend to drill will lower gas prices. Do you think doing nothing while we remain dependent on oil is sheer genius? That begs the question WHO is the fool?

The money invested in foreign oil FAR outweighs the money spent in Iraq. Of course, we're MUCH brighter. We can build windmills up the ass with no regard for what wildlife they disturb, but heabven forbid we touch the 85% of OUR OWN oil reserve because we migh force some fish to fuck a few feet away.

Get a little reality into your argument, huh?

Yet the little fool wihosi and ones like him believe Nazi Pelosi and her belief that releasing some from the strategic reserves will reduce gas prices

Let's look at the logic of that for a second... releasing a little will provide relief, but drilling for a lot won't...

typical lib logic

Yet the little fool wihosi and ones like him believe Nazi Pelosi and her belief that releasing some from the strategic reserves will reduce gas prices

Let's look at the logic of that for a second... releasing a little will provide relief, but drilling for a lot won't...

typical lib logic

The oil in the strategic reserve is paid for at "yesterday's prices." Replacing it at current or future prices will only drive the price up.

You shouldn't... seems like (unfortunately) there are quite a few super-partisan left-wing hacks here

really? because it feels to me like there are more super right wing partisan hacks here.

btw, I wasn't always this way. I liked reagan and daddy bush, until daddy bush ran again. I was nearing graduation and he was horrible. or was it carters fault?

anyways, clinton was great and the gop congress he worked with was horrible. dole, newt, barr.....

and then baby bush and the 00-06 gop with delay & hastert. even worse. foley, vetter, craig.

they sure didn't do anything to win me over.

did you vote for clinton? then you are the partisan hack.

I know this is hard for some but the fact is expanding drilling into environmentally sensative areas will not lower gas prices.Not now and not for the foreseeable future. The drilling issue is again a distraction from the fact that we have allowed our dependence on oil to jepordize our security.

The future will belong to whoever first converts to an all electric society/economy. Fossil fuels are a relic from the past, championed by those who love to have us anti up everyday as we fill our gas tanks.

Photovotaics and wind generation are off the shelf technologies just waiting for us to use.

Had we not followed the direction of Bush and Cheney for the last eight years we could have been well on our way to a clean and sustainable future of cheap and abundant energy.

The money spent in Iraq could have been invested in this future, instead it was wasted trying to hold onto the past. That past only enriches the rich while impovershing our whole nation.

Have you ever heard of supply and demand? Hmmm....It works like this the more supply you have, the lower prices are.....

Alternative energy is great, but until we have cheaper alternatives than oil, the dependacy will remain.

You learned about s&d and futures in truck driving school? lol

Hey, I wonder if in monroe, mi today mccain mentioned the 1966 enrico fermi partial nuclear meltdown accident that happened?

Did you learn about it in pots and pans sales school?

Forum List

Back