Who are the biggest 'Closet Racists'?

Hmmmm. They are certainly race hustlers.

Locally, we have a lot of whites who love to point out who and who isn't a racist when it's pretty obvious that they are the racists. They usually call someone 'racist' when they've lost the argument and want to end it abruptly. As I've mentioned before, some of the USMB posters do this as well. (Not you, BTW!!!!) It just gets old after a while.

I agree it gets old. I also think it's fairly obvious who is and who isn't racist... regardless of whether they use the actual words. There is a short-hand to that sort of thing.

If Sharpton and Jackson are race hustlers what about Limbaugh, Hannity, Coulter, Jesse Lee Peterson and all those far right nutters who race bait constantly to gain support for their sorry political party?

There is absolutely no evidence to the assertion that black parents actively push their kids to be rappers and sportstars, the President is simply playing politics so as not to piss off his white constituents, just like his bogus claims about black fathers were refuted by research also.

:rofl:

whatever you say tube lips.

:thup:

There is none faggot, if there is post it, as simple as that.

Locally, we have a lot of whites who love to point out who and who isn't a racist when it's pretty obvious that they are the racists. They usually call someone 'racist' when they've lost the argument and want to end it abruptly. As I've mentioned before, some of the USMB posters do this as well. (Not you, BTW!!!!) It just gets old after a while.

I agree it gets old. I also think it's fairly obvious who is and who isn't racist... regardless of whether they use the actual words. There is a short-hand to that sort of thing.

spoken like a true double standard loving zionist. Say, Jill, ever get around to admitting that you want to see the same equality in israel that you enjoy here in the US? No? Please, continue your lecture on obvious racism.

There is absolutely no evidence to the assertion that black parents actively push their kids to be rappers and sportstars, the President is simply playing politics so as not to piss off his white constituents, just like his bogus claims about black fathers were refuted by research also.

whatever you say tube lips.

:thup:

There is none faggot, if there is post it, as simple as that.

like I said.. take a stroll through any random 100 facebook pages of african males ages 14-18 and see what the common themes are. Or don't. Clearly, you only believe the things you can wrap around your ghetto fabulous opinions.

He didn't say the parents push them. What he said was that parents have to REDIRECT their kids away from those types of role-models.

You think he's wrong that there are segments (note the word "segments".. not all) ... of the black community who value the successes of athletes and rappers more than they value the accomplishments of the educated?

I'll go further... do you think that there aren't kids in certain segments of the black community who actively disparage and abuse black kids who DO want to get educated and succeed in that way?

He didn't say the parents push them. What he said was that parents have to REDIRECT their kids away from those types of role-models.

White kids look up to athletes and entertainers too, why single out blacks

You think he's wrong that there are segments (note the word "segments".. not all) ... of the black community who value the successes of athletes and rappers more than they value the accomplishments of the educated?

Don't doubt that there are some but Obama spoke in general terms, he didn't address a specific segment, but you correctly noted that there are some.

I'll go further... do you think that there aren't kids in certain segments of the black community who actively disparage and abuse black kids who DO want to get educated and succeed in that way?

Well lets put that is a proper context and look at some research:

Are Black Students Punished for "Acting White"?: Race, Academic Achievement, and Friendship Choices

Many believe that black under-achievement results from a burden of “acting white”. Although previous research attempts to establish this burden, these studies confound adolescents’ opportunities for friendship with their friendship choices. In this paper, I model adolescents’ friendship group choices. Using data from Add Health and discrete-choice analysis, I estimate the effect of racial and academic friendship group composition on individuals’ probabilities of choosing friendship groups. I further show how individuals’ race and academic achievement interact with friendship group characteristics to affect their friendship choices. I find that high and non-high-achieving blacks have similarly high probabilities of choosing friendship groups with a majority of black students, and that high-achieving black students prefer high-achieving friendship groups while non-high-achieving blacks are equally likely to choose high- and low-high-achieving friendship groups. These results support the conclusion that high-achieving black students are rejecting their non-high-achieving black peers, rather than the other way around as the “acting white” hypothesis suggests.

Fake white liberals and noble Jews.

What is a "fake white liberal"?

What is a "noble Jew"?

Describe them in detail for I will know for sure so I can recognize them when I see them.

Fake white liberals are those white liberals who claim to be for freedom and equality for all, but what they really mean is limited equality for blacks.

Fake noble Jews, are Jews like Abe Foxman for example, they cry anti-semitism to every criticism against Jews while simultaneously ignoring and or seeking to rationalize crimes by Israelis against Palestinians.

Please don't talk from a moral high ground there brother! You talk about all the things whites do to blacks. Yet you will ignorantly ignore that the WORST atrocities commited against people of color is commited in African well after the Europeans left in places like Angola, Uganda, Congo, Liberia, Siera Leon, Rwanda, Ivory Coast etc. See an arrogant fuck like yourself will still blame African countries brutality on their own people on the white man. But the king of all Blacks, Obama, just stated it like it is - "Quit Blaming the WEST!"

So brother, check yourself before you check others!

There you all go again attacking Ravi when she isn't here to defend herself, the Bass has noticed no wrongdoing on her part.

White kids look up to athletes and entertainers too, why single out blacks

Because white kids aren't underperforming blacks.... I thought the goal was to get everyone on a level playing field. Isn't that the common goal?

Not to mention that you don't often find white kids who get called race traitors if they "uncle tom" by doing well in school. That's a social problem that blacks have to work out for themselves in spme of their own communities. But to say it isn't a problem isn't realistic.

Don't doubt that there are some but Obama spoke in general terms, he didn't address a specific segment, but you correctly noted that there are some.

Thanks.

Well lets put that is a proper context and look at some research

I don't know if that study was replicated and I don't know the bona fides of the people who did the study.

That said, it wouldn't surprise me if high performing black kids rejected their non-achieving peers... probably for about a million reasons, including a) their desire not to get in trouble; and b) the fact that their parents probably wouldn't let them hang out with non-performing kids. But that isn't what we're talking about b/c those high-performing kids aren't beating the bejeezus out of the non-performing kids when they walk home from school.

Last edited:
Please don't talk from a moral high ground there brother! You talk about all the things whites do to blacks. Yet you will ignorantly ignore that the WORST atrocities commited against people of color is commited in African well after the Europeans left in places like Angola, Uganda, Congo, Liberia, Siera Leon, Rwanda, Ivory Coast etc. See an arrogant fuck like yourself will still blame African countries brutality on their own people on the white man. But the king of all Blacks, Obama, just stated it like it is - "Quit Blaming the WEST!"

So brother, check yourself before you check others!

The West has plnety to do with the corrupt regimes in Africa, its all about neocolonialism and greed for natural resources. Did you even know that both the US and South Africa supported the war in Angola and gave military assistance in exchange for what the hell you think? Diamonds, when these corrupt African leaders oppress their people to obtain diamonds and gold[often via child labor and or torture] who do you think they sell them to and where do they eventually end up at? Its the Western countries that buy those illegal diamonds and any African leader who's not willing to dance to their tune they overthrow them via arming and supporting rebels.

Because white kids aren't underperforming blacks.... I thought the goal was to get everyone on a level playing field. Isn't that the common goal?
Some black kids are under-performing but it has nothing to do with aspirations of being a sportsstar or rapper, maybe it has something to do with the quality of the schools as well as the economic factors.

Not to mention that you don't often find white kids who get called race traitors if they "uncle tom" by doing well in school.

This is totally untrue for blacks and no one gets called an Uncle Tom for being educated, you need to do some serious research into what an Uncle Tom is and why people get called Uncle Toms.

That's a social problem that blacks have to work out

Really? :

School Culture, Academic Achievement and the Social Construction of Blackness

Abstract: Despite the legal, political and economic changes that America has made since the Civil Rights Era, the racial disparity in academic achievement continues. Over the past several years, a number of theories have been developed to explain this dilemma. My research was inspired by John Ogbu’s ‘Oppositional Culture’ theory, which state’s that the racial gap is due to black student’s failure to apply themselves academically because of the black community’s conception of school as ‘white’. While I found this argument compelling, it seemed to me that school’s also play a significant role in framing academic arena’s as ‘white’. To test this hypothesis, I conducted a 5 month ethnographic study at a Minneapolis based alternative school. The preliminary findings of my research at MFS suggest that, while Ogbu may be accurate in his assertion that many black students believe that school is ‘white’ his assumptions about how and where this belief is constructed are problematic. The belief that school and academics are ‘white’ results, not from a cultural perspective that black students bring to school, but from a dialectical relationship between the school and the black community. Thus, any effort to eradicate the racial gap in academic achievement must include an examination of the way that school’s construct ‘blackness’ and ‘whiteness’ in ways that either inhibit or promote academic achievement.

for themselves in spme of their own communities. But to say it isn't a problem isn't realistic.

Never said it wasn't a problem, what the Bass warned against was generalizing and entire group of people based on the actions of a minority of people within that group

Some black kids are under-performing but it has nothing to do with aspirations of being a sportsstar or rapper, maybe it has something to do with the quality of the schools as well as the economic factors.

Absolutely economics are a factor. Poverty and education are inconsistent with each other. But it also has to do with peoplw in the community seeing where the money is... and it isn't necessarily in legitimate pursuits.

This is totally untrue for blacks and no one gets called an Uncle Tom for being educated, you need to do some serious research into what an Uncle Tom is and why people get called Uncle Toms.

Ummmmmmmmmmm.... I know when people get called Uncle Toms and usually it has to do with turning on your community. But I'm from Brooklyn, and I know very well that it isn't socially acceptable in SOME communities, for kids to be studious.

Never said it wasn't a problem, what the Bass warned against was generalizing and entire group of people based on the actions of a minority of people within that group

I was very specific in saying some communities... not all. NY has a huge black middle and upper class. But that isn't what we're talking about and it isn't what Obama was addressing.

Interesting studies... but your study is just one more theory and doesn't invalidate Ogbu's theory on Oppositional Culture.

Last edited:
<object width="440" height="361"><param name="movie" value="http://espn.go.com/videohub/player.swf?mediaId=4335492"/><param name="wmode" value="transparent"/><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"/><embed src="http://espn.go.com/videohub/player.swf?mediaId=4335492" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="440" height="361" allowScriptAccess="always"></embed></object>

Adam "Pacman" Jones seen "making it rain" in video from inside Vegas strip club - ESPN

ESPN are racist, arent they, Bass?

Of course there are a few on USMB that fit this description. People in the mainstream who immediately come to mind are Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton.

Discuss.

I don't know that Sharpton and Jackson are "closet racists". I think they're actually race hustlers who use racial issues to enrich and empower themselves.

Except she did do exactly that last year during the primaries. Everyone that complained about Obama was labeled a racist by Jillian eventually.

I've coined this term from one of the definitions of the 'Closet Homosexual':

A person who is gay and tries to hide it by calling other people gay to seem straight.
By the same token, a 'Closet Racist' is:

A person who is a racist and tries to hide it by calling other people racist to seem tolerant.
Of course there are a few on USMB that fit this description. People in the mainstream who immediately come to mind are Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton.

Discuss.
So I guess your calling someone a closet racist makes you a racist? Just trying to follow your logic.

Don't be silly. Let's talk about 'closet homosexuals'. If you call someone a homosexual, that doesn't necessarily mean you are a homosexual. Some people are obviously homosexuals and you could just be stating a simple fact. It's the people who go out of their way to identify homosexuals and name them in a public forum for no good reason that are most likely 'closet homosexuals'. The same applies to 'closet racists'.

Forum List

Back