Whitesplaning Racism

Do what all the time? Debunk your racist lies?

You've debunked nothing.

Yeah, I did. Do I have to whitesplain it to you?

You've debunked nothing and no amount of any splaining you do changes that fact..

That is what you liberals do. You make shit up. that's why reality never ever agrees with you. I quite clearly and effectively debunked your racist stupidity. Your lies can't change that fact.

You've debunked nothing. Because you can't.
u b blacksplaining n' sheeit

Last edited:
By definition, any reaction apart from total silence occasionally punctuated with 'That's dreadful', would be 'whitesplaining'.
Feel free to pretend you have not demonstrated a double standard in which black grievances are of no worth while white grievances are valid.

let us know when black america takes responsibility for their own shortcomings instead of blaming mean ole whitey

You've debunked nothing.

Yeah, I did. Do I have to whitesplain it to you?

You've debunked nothing and no amount of any splaining you do changes that fact..

That is what you liberals do. You make shit up. that's why reality never ever agrees with you. I quite clearly and effectively debunked your racist stupidity. Your lies can't change that fact.

You've debunked nothing. Because you can't.
u b blacksplaining n' sheeit
He wuz egypshun 'n sheeit. Bak when dey waz kangz.

EVERYBODY is bound by some external power or control
Have to disagree. We are, in some limited sense, I suppose, controlled by laws and those in power. We are not, however, BOUND. We have freedoms within those limits - sort of like a train that has to stay on the track. It can go as far as the track will take it. Slavery does not allow for any sort of freedom - not freedom of movement - not freedom of expression - not freedom of thought - not freedom of decision.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
why should any white person discuss race at all, in any capacity?
As a white person, my reason s to share insights I have gained from being inter racially married. White folks who are open to hearing other people's experiences might learn something from mine.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
It is when white women played into the racism. Ask Emmitt Till. So then you step back.

White Women and Racial Complicity

To be a white woman in America is to be precariously power-adjacent: Because of our skin, we carry unquestioned privilege in power systems. Because of our gender, that security has a shelf life—we are included only as long as we are able or willing to perform according to those who control the levers.

It’s a dangerous charade, one so deeply internalized it often goes unexamined. Our history indicates that when white women want agency, we often go to white men—even when they are the source of our exclusion, or even if we have to sell out others along the way. In the wake of the 15th Amendment granting black men the right to vote, suffragists including Carrie Chapman Catt, Elizabeth Cady Stanton, and Laura Clay made their case for the white woman vote by appealing to white supremacy. In January, a new book revealed that Carolyn Bryant, the white woman who accused Emmett Till of touching her in 1955, had lied.

White women in America face a deficit of trust uniquely of our own making.

A Short History of White Women’s Complicity
Mothers of Massive Resistance: White Women and the Politics of White Supremacy by Elizabeth Gillespie McRae

In Mothers of Massive Resistance: White Women and the Politics of White Supremacy, historian Elizabeth Gillespie McRae makes a strong argument for white women’s vital role in protecting and perpetuating white supremacy and thwarting integration in the US. One hundred years ago, woman began to organize in ways that we would recognize from today’s resistance movements. They developed grassroots campaigns reaching out to other women and encouraging them to organize, to write letters, to publish, to speak up and to vote. They did this, however, in the name of Jim Crow, as a way to shore up white power in the face of legislation that would dismantle it. McRae demonstrates how white women, not just in the South but across the nation, turned their traditional roles as mothers, defenders of family and children, tellers of stories, and activists in schools into a political force that sustained racism, reshaped American conservatism, and continues to influence our politics and culture.

McRae’s goal is to demonstrate that the “fiercest proponents” of massive resistance to desegregation and racial integration in 20th century America were “…the daily grassroots activists who continually reshaped their support for various versions of racial segregation.” These diehard activists were largely white women who used their special roles in social welfare, public education, electoral politics and popular culture to keep the spirit of Jim Crow alive even when its legal basis had been removed by the Supreme Court and the federal government. She divides the book into two parts and a conclusion. Part I is entitled “Massive Support for Racial Segregation, 1920-1941”, Part II is “Massive Resistance to the Black Freedom Struggle, 1942-1974,” and the conclusion is “The New National Face of Segregation: Boston Women Against Busing.”

Check yourself woman. White women owned slaves, white women participated in Jim Crow nationwide. White women lied about black men and they were killed by those who you say oppressed you. You married your oppressors and when he died, you inherited your oppressors money/property if he had any. You married your oppressor and if you got divorced, you got half of what your oppressor had. So step back trying to come me like that lady. Humble yourself and know your history.

Because this is part of it.

Emmett Till's Accuser: I Made It Up

emmitt-till-collage.jpg
Man.....!!!

giphy.gif

So what exactly does some kid who has been dead over half a century have to do with current events?

Because like Faulkner said, "The past is never dead - it isn't even past."

This section of USMB is he ultimate example of whitesplaining.

6 Ways Well-Intentioned People Whitesplain Racism (And Why They Need to Stop)

May 17, 2017 by Maisha Z. Johnson

And unfortunately, just as frequently, I’ve had white people try to explain racism to me, a woman of color. There’s a word for this phenomenon, too –whitesplaining. It’s incredibly frustrating to share my experiences with racism, only to have a white person try to speak over me about it – and often by belittling how racism hurts me.

If you’re white, you may have whitesplained without realizing it. To understand whitesplaining, now picture yourself in the following situation.

I’m venting about my day, and I tell you I’m angry that a white neighbor told me, “I don’t even see you as Black.”

Would you reassure me that my neighbor meant well? If you do, don’t be surprised if I’m just as annoyed as you would be if a man tried to explain your experience with street harassment to you.

Usually, signs of whitesplaining include a condescending tone and a paternalistic assumption that a person of color doesn’t know enough to accurately articulate their own experience.....)

Dismissing the opinions of people based on their skin color, which is what you are doing,

is not only condescending, and paternalistic, but also quite racist.

I said before that we cannot have a conversation on race, because all you lefties want to do is lecture white people about how everything is our fault.

And we are done with that shit.

Get back to me when you are ready to listen, instead of just lecture me like an ill mannered and stupid child.

It is when white women played into the racism. Ask Emmitt Till. So then you step back.

To be a white woman in America is to be precariously power-adjacent: Because of our skin, we carry unquestioned privilege in power systems. Because of our gender, that security has a shelf life—we are included only as long as we are able or willing to perform according to those who control the levers.

It’s a dangerous charade, one so deeply internalized it often goes unexamined. Our history indicates that when white women want agency, we often go to white men—even when they are the source of our exclusion, or even if we have to sell out others along the way. In the wake of the 15th Amendment granting black men the right to vote, suffragists including Carrie Chapman Catt, Elizabeth Cady Stanton, and Laura Clay made their case for the white woman vote by appealing to white supremacy. In January, a new book revealed that Carolyn Bryant, the white woman who accused Emmett Till of touching her in 1955, had lied.

White women in America face a deficit of trust uniquely of our own making.

Mothers of Massive Resistance: White Women and the Politics of White Supremacy by Elizabeth Gillespie McRae

In Mothers of Massive Resistance: White Women and the Politics of White Supremacy, historian Elizabeth Gillespie McRae makes a strong argument for white women’s vital role in protecting and perpetuating white supremacy and thwarting integration in the US. One hundred years ago, woman began to organize in ways that we would recognize from today’s resistance movements. They developed grassroots campaigns reaching out to other women and encouraging them to organize, to write letters, to publish, to speak up and to vote. They did this, however, in the name of Jim Crow, as a way to shore up white power in the face of legislation that would dismantle it. McRae demonstrates how white women, not just in the South but across the nation, turned their traditional roles as mothers, defenders of family and children, tellers of stories, and activists in schools into a political force that sustained racism, reshaped American conservatism, and continues to influence our politics and culture.

McRae’s goal is to demonstrate that the “fiercest proponents” of massive resistance to desegregation and racial integration in 20th century America were “…the daily grassroots activists who continually reshaped their support for various versions of racial segregation.” These diehard activists were largely white women who used their special roles in social welfare, public education, electoral politics and popular culture to keep the spirit of Jim Crow alive even when its legal basis had been removed by the Supreme Court and the federal government. She divides the book into two parts and a conclusion. Part I is entitled “Massive Support for Racial Segregation, 1920-1941”, Part II is “Massive Resistance to the Black Freedom Struggle, 1942-1974,” and the conclusion is “The New National Face of Segregation: Boston Women Against Busing.”

Check yourself woman. White women owned slaves, white women participated in Jim Crow nationwide. White women lied about black men and they were killed by those who you say oppressed you. You married your oppressors and when he died, you inherited your oppressors money/property if he had any. You married your oppressor and if you got divorced, you got half of what your oppressor had. So step back trying to come me like that lady. Humble yourself and know your history.

Because this is part of it.

Emmett Till's Accuser: I Made It Up

emmitt-till-collage.jpg
Man.....!!!

giphy.gif

So what exactly does some kid who has been dead over half a century have to do with current events?

Because like Faulkner said, "The past is never dead - it isn't even past."

Then get Faulkner to give you your reparations.

As a white person, my reason s to share insights I have gained from being inter racially married. White folks who are open to hearing other people's experiences might learn something from mine.
Look at any of IM2's posts. He doesn't want to discuss race, he wants to tell white people that he knows everything there is to know about blacks or whites. No matter what you say about your experiences, if you are white, you are racist. Nothing any white person says means anything to him, only his opinions and experiences count. If whites have a different opinion, experience or view of things, we are racist. We are told that whites today are responsible for reparations to blacks. Total bullshit.

Look at any of IM2's posts. He doesn't want to discuss race, he wants to tell white people that he knows everything there is to know about blacks or whites. No matter what you say about your experiences, if you are white, you are racist. Nothing any white person says means anything to him, only his opinions and experiences count. If whites have a different opinion, experience or view of things, we are racist. We are told that whites today are responsible for reparations to blacks. Total bullshit.

And when I said that white people are done with being lectured to like that,

he and Katestevie had a fit that I dared speak for White People.

As though anyone wants to be lectured like they are ill mannered children.

Blackspaining racism. Blacks attacking me because I am white, well, that deluded back hypocrisy is just human. Slavery my ass. If some blacks can work for NASA and calculate the orbit of planets, well why can't they realize they are each others biggest worst enemies as well? Do the math.

By definition, any reaction apart from total silence occasionally punctuated with 'That's dreadful', would be 'whitesplaining'.
Feel free to pretend you have not demonstrated a double standard in which black grievances are of no worth while white grievances are valid.

let us know when black america takes responsibility for their own shortcomings instead of blaming mean ole whitey

Whitey will be blamed for what whitey has done. Let me know when you stop lying to yourself.

Whitey will be blamed for what whitey has done. Let me know when you stop lying to yourself.

Who is "whitey" bigot boi? :dunno:

You mean racist fucks like you plan violence against others based on the color of their skin?

We already know.

Ask squeeze berry bitch.

I'd rather ask you, bigot boi.

Well since I didn't make the comment you're asking the wrong man, bitch.

Do you plan violence against whites, due to your seething hatred and racism?

Who is "whitey" bigot boi? :dunno:

You mean racist fucks like you plan violence against others based on the color of their skin?

We already know.

Ask squeeze berry bitch.

I'd rather ask you, bigot boi.

Well since I didn't make the comment you're asking the wrong man, bitch.

Do you plan violence against whites, due to your seething hatred and racism?

None of that exists within me. Opposing your racism isn't hate. And it's certainly not racism.

I.C. 4 members so far awarding you with those things. Funny: 3 Dale Smith, Markle, talksalot, and Winner Medal: 1 MarcATL

I do not know why they see it as they do, and I do not if any are black like you or what ideological seat on the spectrum they hold. But I must try and assure you, criticism is not always a terrible thing

I'd love to respond and all, but doing so could be construed as whitesplaining.

I guess it must be equally frustrating to realize one-sided conversations can ~ oops!

It’s incredibly frustrating to share my intellect and opinions, only to have a person obviously not as bright as me try to speak over me.

Last edited:
I.C. 4 members so far awarding you with those things. Funny: 3 Dale Smith, Markle, talksalot, and Winner Medal: 1 MarcATL

I do not know why they see it as they do, and I do not if any are black like you or what ideological seat on the spectrum they hold. But I must try and assure you, criticism is not always a terrible thing

I'd love to respond and all, but doing so could be construed as whitesplaining.

I guess it must be equally frustrating to realize one-sided conversations can ~ oops!

It’s incredibly frustrating to share my intellect and opinions, only to have a person obviously not as bright as me try to speak over me.

I'd certainly like to understand how whites can explain racism without trying to claim how blacks are racists too even as all we are doing is asking that the racism end. I would like it explained how whites can make claims of black racism without understanding how the way blacks have been treated and continue being treated by whites is not a contributing factor to why there might actually be blacks who don't like whites. i'd like it explained to me how whites here in particular, keep telling us how such racism is a thing of the past when we see it happen all the time now. How whites can ignore 200 years of preferential treatment by written law to pretend how they have never been preferred or protected. Why can whites ignore laws and policies made on purpose to deny opportunity and wealth for blacks then claim that blacks don't want to work and that poverty is the fault of blacks. I'd like it explained to me how whites organized and made crime corporate controlling the guns and drugs but blame blacks for criminality. I'd like it explained to me how whites have slaughtered millions yet blacks are blamed for being the most violent killers in this country. Let's start with these things.

Do you want to see me

I'd certainly like to understand how whites can explain racism without trying to claim how blacks are racists too even as all we are doing is asking that the racism end.
Do you want to see me "explain racism without trying to claim how blacks are racists too?" Done it many times.

"All we are doing is asking that the racism end." If I were easily offended and defensive I'd attack you and that silly comment with a hysteria to match yours. But I see it for what it is: a disingenuous and divisive attempt at trying to speak openly and honestly. It is the "we," the focus on yourself, which belittles and betrays you. If you want to start a conversation with a faulty premise that it is 'We Blacks' that are the only ones trying to end racism, you will never be taken seriously.

and racism is easily explained. I believe you need to think what it is you want to say before you Hit - Post Reply

Do you want to see me

I'd certainly like to understand how whites can explain racism without trying to claim how blacks are racists too even as all we are doing is asking that the racism end.
Do you want to see me "explain racism without trying to claim how blacks are racists too?" Done it many times.

"All we are doing is asking that the racism end." If I were easily offended and defensive I'd attack you and that silly comment with a hysteria to match yours. But I see it for what it is: a disingenuous and divisive attempt at trying to speak openly and honestly. It is the "we," the focus on yourself, which belittles and betrays you. If you want to start a conversation with a faulty premise that it is 'We Blacks' that are the only ones trying to end racism, you will never be taken seriously.

and racism is easily explained. I believe you need to think what it is you want to say before you Hit - Post Reply

Try explaining what I asked to be explained because I am not assuming that only blacks are wanting to end racism, but I am saying we are called racists for saying that we want to end racism.

Try explaining what I asked to be explained because I am not assuming that only blacks are wanting to end racism, but I am saying we are called racists for saying that we want to end racism.
How often? and By who?

I've seen that type of tactic (the one you mention) used before, both purposefully and in ignorance. But it appears to me, and correct me if I am in error, that you have an agenda that claims a moral high ground, but is mostly arguments based on generalizations

Forum List

Back