whitepeoplemeet.com Is it racist?

Favorite? No. Chosen. Yes.

According to who ?

According to our G-d who formed the covenant with us to light the way of the law (Ten Commandments) into the world.

In Judaism, chosenness is the belief that the Jews are the chosen people: chosen to be in a covenant with God. This idea is first found in the Torah (five books of Moses in the Bible) and is elaborated on in later books of the Hebrew Bible. Much is written about these topics in rabbinic literature.

A biblical covenant is an agreement found in the Bible between God and His people in which God makes specific promises and demands. It is the customary word used to translate the Hebrew word berith (ברית Tiberian Hebrew bərîṯ Standard Hebrew bərit) as it is used in the Tanakh 135 times (see appended list), thus it is important to all Abrahamic religions. The equivalent word in the Septuagint and the Greek New Testament is διαθήκη/diatheke (Strong's G1242).

In theology and Biblical studies, the word "covenant" principally refers to any of a number of solemn agreements made between God and the children of Israel in the Hebrew Bible, as well as to the New Covenant, which some Christians consider to be the replacement or final fulfilment of these, see Supersessionism. Likewise, some Christians use the term Old Covenant to collectively refer to the covenants described in their "Old Testament".

The foundation of the Torah is the belief that God chose the Children of Israel, in His wisdom and for His purposes, and made His covenant with them. This covenant requires the Children of Israel not to practice idolatry and to live their lives according to the commandments.[Lev 26] This covenant is essentially one-sided, since its terms are dictated by God, though performance is left to the free will of society (collective of God's people) and each person within it. By contrast, at many points in the Hebrew Scripture, human covenants are made, and in such covenants, the terms are agreed upon mutually.

Click

The Christians believe they have their "New Covenant" with G-d which tells them they are chosen to spread the word.

The Islamic believers view that theirs is the last and natural progression of G-d. They have their own covenant with their G-d which tells them that they are to be the final covenant of G-d's choosing..

All three beliefs think they are chosen for duties to fulfill for their G-d and this choosing is by covenant.

Do you understand that not everyone believes that?

Of course.

Even if the Jews believe their book, the Christians believe their book and the Muslims believe their book, that's still not the world.

Hinduism, Confucianism.....

We all have our place. We are all created equal. We are all supposed to be here or we wouldn't be here.

:cool: Cool.. now we know who most of the Jew haters are, Sunni-Man's Jew hating allies. this thread has been usefull.

Of course.

Even if the Jews believe their book, the Christians believe their book and the Muslims believe their book, that's still not the world.

Hinduism, Confucianism.....

We all have our place. We are all created equal. We are all supposed to be here or we wouldn't be here.

If everyone will just stay in the place God put em it would be so easy. All this shifting around stuff is confusing our troop.

[ame="http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqod16fhMPE"]http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqod16fhMPE[/ame]

I think it's hypocritical for Black folk to have a site like this, yet insist that Whites no favor their own.
i dont think either is racist
you are attracted to what you are attracted to
for me, it matters not the color of the skin
i have been attracted to a wide variety of women in my life

I think it's hypocritical for Black folk to have a site like this, yet insist that Whites no favor their own.

Middleman, has there been some outbreak of criticism from blacks of whites that only date other whites that I have missed?

This is highly personal stuff; I can't imagine many are willing to pass judgment on someone else's choices. IRL, I have never heard it done.

whitepeoplewhowannameettoformnewbusinessesandtalkpolitics.com might be racist; whitepeoplewhowannadateotherwhitepeople.com doesn't seem so to me.

I've not looked at the site so I may be speaking somewhat blindy here. There was a time when about the only place black folk could meet socially was in the Church without fear of the Klan or White Athourity beating the shit out of them. While there are Black Only sites that are there for the sol purpose of excluding Whites, I (IMHO) believe that most of them are there to unite one another together. Whereas there are White Only sites that are there for the purpose of uniting one another together, I (IMHO) believe that most of them are there for the sol purpose of excluding Blacks. We're all looking at the same damn thing you know. What one has to take into consideration is not what we;re looking at but Where We're Looking From.

What do you think? Is a white only dating site racist?

Yeah I think so. What someone is saying when they join that site is basically "I'm only interested in being with white people". That type of mindset conforms to my definition of racist.

There's black only dating sites. Even though those sites probably draw less angst from the public, I still think they're just as racist as the white only one.

What do you think? Is a white only dating site racist?

Yeah I think so. What someone is saying when they join that site is basically "I'm only interested in being with white people". That type of mindset conforms to my definition of racist.

There's black only dating sites. Even though those sites probably draw less angst from the public, I still think they're just as racist as the white only one.

Just kind of expanding on this after reading the thread. I tried to put myself in these shoes: if I was at a bar and a good-looking black girl bought me a drink but I decided not to go say hi because of her skin color, then I'd feel like I was being racist. It seems like the same principle is at work for the people who would participate in that website. They would only approach a white person at the bar.

Is a white only dating site racist?
Is a black only dating site racist?
Is a _____ only dating site racist?

Nope, its perfectly natural. Normal people prefer the company of those like themselves. Very rare is the person who doesn't.

The only "bad" racists I see here are the ones who insist that people should date outside of their race as if it is some sort of moral imperative that they do. They are the ones insisting on genocide.

Species that aren't diverse go extinct.

Think about it, if everyone mixed then there would only be one race... with no real genetic diversity.
Aren't we supposed to be a diverse species? Do we want to survive as a species? If so, get used to most people prefering not to race-mix. Live and let live you hate-mongers.

Sure some people mix it up, who cares?
Apparently only the ones who think everyone who doesn't are "bad".

Yep, the wrong people are the ones who want us all to mix and be exactly the same.
Hell they are worse than "wrong" they are just plain evil.

So, the one who demands that different races should mix is a racist.

The one who demands that different races should not mix is what?

Both are racist.

Both are racist.

Demanding what other people do isn't racist, it's just... totalitarian.
On that aspect people who are like that are both different sides of the wrong coin.

Then again,
Natural, individual preferences some call "racism" may not neccesarily be the brightest attitude, but it's perfectly normal.

Genocidal racists on the other hand, absolutely hate of the fact that people ARE different races, moreso they completely hate those who perpetuate their own respective race. They are the ones mandating forced race-mixing laws in the here and now. They are the ones who hate true diversity (the most ironic of hypocrisy).

See the difference?

Both are racist.

Demanding what other people do isn't racist, it's just... totalitarian.
On that aspect people who are like that are both different sides of the wrong coin.

Then again,
Natural, individual preferences some call "racism" may not neccesarily be the brightest attitude, but it's perfectly normal.

Genocidal racists on the other hand, absolutely hate of the fact that people ARE different races, moreso they completely hate those who perpetuate their own respective race. They are the ones mandating forced race-mixing laws in the here and now. They are the ones who hate true diversity (the most ironic of hypocrisy).

See the difference?

making sure people are protected from the impact of people's prejudices isn't 'totalitarian'.

forced race-mixing?

really... darn that you can't have separate lunch counters and schools anymore, eh?

i always love how racists bend over backward to demonize the people who won't tolerate their racism.

They are the ones mandating forced race-mixing laws in the here and now. They are the ones who hate true diversity (the most ironic of hypocrisy).

What country is doing this mandating?

Is a white only dating site racist?
Is a black only dating site racist?
Is a _____ only dating site racist?

Nope, its perfectly natural. Normal people prefer the company of those like themselves. Very rare is the person who doesn't.

The only "bad" racists I see here are the ones who insist that people should date outside of their race as if it is some sort of moral imperative that they do. They are the ones insisting on genocide.

Species that aren't diverse go extinct.

Think about it, if everyone mixed then there would only be one race... with no real genetic diversity.
Aren't we supposed to be a diverse species? Do we want to survive as a species? If so, get used to most people prefering not to race-mix. Live and let live you hate-mongers.

Sure some people mix it up, who cares?
Apparently only the ones who think everyone who doesn't are "bad".

Yep, the wrong people are the ones who want us all to mix and be exactly the same.
Hell they are worse than "wrong" they are just plain evil.

Until white people are diluted out of a position of power and majority the cry for diversity will continue.

Forum List

Back