White Student Union to start anti crime night patrols

Cell phones and cameras, will work great unitl they come up against a knife or worse a gun. Real criminals will just take their electronics, their money and move on to the next victim. An untrainde amature can be more dangerous than nothing at all. The university should cough up the bucks for trained armed patrols.

Cell phones and cameras, will work great unitl they come up against a knife or worse a gun. Real criminals will just take their electronics, their money and move on to the next victim. An untrainde amature can be more dangerous than nothing at all. The university should cough up the bucks for trained armed patrols.

Pretty risky to do that in these days of Instant Posts to Face Book, and Youtube. They might take your stuff, then go home and find out the mugging the just did, is the latest Viral Internet video :)

• Banned
Could but they won't. Like most PC places they will refuse to admit there is a problem. This is why we need concealed weapons on campus.

Could but they won't. Like most PC places they will refuse to admit there is a problem. This is why we need concealed weapons on campus.

It's clear that you never went to college.

The best course is a well-staffed campus police force, lots of lighting, and lots of security cameras.

The best course is a well-staffed campus police force, lots of lighting, and lots of security cameras.

Tell that to the parents of the unarmed, naked 18 year old Alabama boy gunned down by the campus police.

No, it's plain that you should get out more, every convience store has good lighting and cameras, would you work the graveyard shift in one? There is also a great saying that kind of goes like this: The police are only minutes away, when seconds count.

If you find yourself in a bad situation, YOU are the first responder, the police investigate after the fact. Believe me they have plenty of chalk to outline your body and crime scene tape.

No, it's plain that you should get out more, every convience store has good lighting and cameras, would you work the graveyard shift in one? There is also a great saying that kind of goes like this: The police are only minutes away, when seconds count.

If you find yourself in a bad situation, YOU are the first responder, the police investigate after the fact. Believe me they have plenty of chalk to outline your body and crime scene tape.

I approve this message...but "I do like the idea of the patrols...as long as they are in groups

Would the gun laws in Texas accommodate these young men presuming they are of legal age to own and carry openly?

I'm in New Jersey where the gun laws are more oppressive than in any other state. I know nothing about Texas gun laws but I'm assuming they are more liberal.

Would the gun laws in Texas accommodate these young men presuming they are of legal age to own and carry openly?

I'm in New Jersey where the gun laws are more oppressive than in any other state. I know nothing about Texas gun laws but I'm assuming they are more liberal.

Unfortunately the libs control our colleges just like every where else. We have a very liberal concealed carry here, but as far as I know your not allowed to carry on campus. That may change in the next legislative session which starts in Jan.

Last edited:

Actually I did. We had that on campus I would still think the same thing...campus pd can't be everywhere at all times...a handgun would stop someone from trying to rape or kill you...a video camera is only good for afterwords when you are lying in a morgue somewhere or have been raped and are scarred for life.

American Third Position Party (A3P) | Towson White Student Union To Begin Campus Anti-crime Night Patrols

I would feel safe sending my kids there just because they are out patrolling...

Because a group of white students on the lookout for blacks is not a recipe for problems.

Someone has to do something since the university won't.

Forum List

Back