White Privilege: Unpacking the Invisible Knapsack by Peggy McIntosh

MarcATL

Diamond Member
Aug 12, 2009
This is THE DEFINITIVE read on what White Privilege (in America) is.

If you're serious about getting to the bottom of this issue then read this article.

A very interesting part of this article covers the daily effects of white privilege which include...
  1. I can if I wish arrange to be in the company of people of my race most of the time.
  2. I can avoid spending time with people whom I was trained to mistrust and who have learned to mistrust my kind or me.
  3. If I should need to move, I can be pretty sure of renting or purchasing housing in an area which I can afford and in which I would want to live.
  4. I can be pretty sure that my neighbors in such a location will be neutral or pleasant to me.
  5. I can go shopping alone most of the time, pretty well assured that I will not be followed or harassed.
  6. I can turn on the television or open to the front page of the paper and see people of my race widely represented.
  7. When I am told about our national heritage or about "civilization," I am shown that people of my color made it what it is.

It goes on to 50.

Source: White Privilege: Unpacking the Invisible Knapsack by Peggy McIntosh

It's a pretty comprehensive article folks.

I highly recommend it.

Last edited:
Oh look, another bigoted racial trolling thread by Mark. In other news, the sky is blue and it's 102 degrees here in Vegas.

This is THE DEFINITIVE read on what White Privilege (in America) is.

If you're serious about getting to the bottom of this issue then read this article.

A very interesting part of this article covers the daily effects of white privilege which include...
  1. I can if I wish arrange to be in the company of people of my race most of the time.
  2. I can avoid spending time with people whom I was trained to mistrust and who have learned to mistrust my kind or me.
  3. If I should need to move, I can be pretty sure of renting or purchasing housing in an area which I can afford and in which I would want to live.
  4. I can be pretty sure that my neighbors in such a location will be neutral or pleasant to me.
  5. I can go shopping alone most of the time, pretty well assured that I will not be followed or harassed.
  6. I can turn on the television or open to the front page of the paper and see people of my race widely represented.
  7. When I am told about our national heritage or about "civilization," I am shown that people of my color made it what it is.
It goes on to 50.

Source: White Privilege: Unpacking the Invisible Knapsack by Peggy McIntosh

It's a pretty comprehensive article folks.

I highly recommend it.

In other words, it is a bunch of shit.

Through work to bring materials from women's studies into the rest of the curriculum, I have often noticed men's unwillingness to grant that they are overprivileged, even though they may grant that women are disadvantaged. They may say they will work to women's statues, in the society, the university, or the curriculum, but they can't or won't support the idea of lessening men's. Denials that amount to taboos surround the subject of advantages that men gain from women's disadvantages. These denials protect male privilege from being fully acknowledged, lessened, or ended.

It's toxic to the brain to read inane bullshit invented by stupid liberal feminists. I'll pass on the rest of the stupid.

I am getting ready for summer vacation, so I have no time for a guilt trip.
Guilt for what?

wow, you got the blame game down pat
are you people EVER going to stop being VICTIMS and blaming your lives and living on everyone else? or are you going to become a proud person who see if their life is failing you have nobody to blame but yourself....man up for change...I'm a woman and I can list a bunch of greivences, but I prefer to be better than that, proudly stand on my own two feet and If I fail at something, I blame myself, pick myself back up and get on with life
or you're just going to dump on all your fellow WHITE country men and women
and live this miserable life hating others who did nothing do you?
just sad

Plenty of successful black people around. It tends to happen when one shuns the victimhood bullshit that many others take comfort in and instead work hard to make something of themselves, rather than demanding others provide for their needs.

HAHAHA. Sorry liberals but there is no white privilege. There is no white conspiracy to hold down blacks.
and the existence of affirmative action proves it. Blacks have had 45 years of black privilege and the fact that they are still failures proves they are inferior.

Plenty of successful black people around. It tends to happen when one shuns the victimhood bullshit that many others take comfort in and instead work hard to make something of themselves, rather than demanding others provide for their needs.

No - fact is there are very few truly successful blacks. Affirmative action is everywhere and that's about the only way blacks can get a good job. They don't have ability.

Of course they do fine in pro sports without affirmative action but that doesn't count since athletes are useless people no matter how much money them make.

That still doesnt disprove the fact that white privilege exists. People already know what to do and have been doing it for years. The point is why do Blacks have to work harder to get less results?

Forum List

Back