White House Stops Flu Studies Due to Biowarfare Fear

The government should be supporting funding for such diseases.

Sounds like biowarfare to me. Just because they call it another name doesnt change that fact.

U.S. government funding of new research involving flu viruses and other pathogens in which scientists deliberately make them more transmissible or more deadly has been temporarily halted.

Normal diseases are unaffected.

Studies involving naturally occurring flu, MERS and SARS viruses are unaffected "unless there is a reasonable expectation that these tests would increase transmissibility or pathogenicity,"

I am not a scientist but it sounds to me like this research on marburg caused a deadlier form, but it is helping them in their research-
Scientists discover how Marburg virus grows in cells -- ScienceDaily
A protein that normally protects cells from environmental stresses has been shown to interact Marburg virus VP24, allowing the deadly Marburg virus to live longer and replicate better, according to a cell culture study led by scientists at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai. The investigators say that deciphering the molecular details of how Marburg virus and the host protein interact may help in developing inhibitors of the virus.

The government should be supporting funding for such diseases.

Sounds like biowarfare to me. Just because they call it another name doesnt change that fact.

U.S. government funding of new research involving flu viruses and other pathogens in which scientists deliberately make them more transmissible or more deadly has been temporarily halted.

Normal diseases are unaffected.

Studies involving naturally occurring flu, MERS and SARS viruses are unaffected "unless there is a reasonable expectation that these tests would increase transmissibility or pathogenicity,"

Guaranteed every super power has it at the ready. I'm particularly interested in the natural immunity some Africans are showing to the disease. I wonder if the US has already sent people over there to study this.

I know Ollman Saphire at Scripps.edu , has been over there, she was also involved in working with the company that made zmapp, with her research.
Guaranteed every super power has it at the ready. I'm particularly interested in the natural immunity some Africans are showing to the disease. I wonder if the US has already sent people over there to study this.

Forum List

Back