White House Opposes Drilling in Arctic Because It Will Not Lead to Energy Independenc

Here I sit with my my plastic laptop, plastic water bottles, aspirin, no wax floors, golf balls, ski poles and eating with my plastic chopstix... but I hate petroleum.

God these folks are dumb.

A reverse dig at anti-drillers correct? You are saying they hate Oil, but dont understand how much it's in their lives to begin with.

its weak, and take that angle away, that they hate oil, And you have nothing.

Hate? Just pointing out the abject stupidity of the Green Cultists who have this irrational hatred of a necessary component of every day life that has been made expensive by limitations on its extraction.

Yes, it really is that simple.

Who hates petroleum?

The White House opposed drilling because they recieve campaign contributions from special interest groups who hate oil and they don't have the guts to stand up for the American people against these groups.

I'm gonna need to see some numbers before I believe any lobby buys off government better than the big oil lobby.

MAYBE the bank lobby, but that wouldn't directly affect oil legislation I wouldn't think.

You think those companies will feel some obligation to sell the oil to the US instead of selling it across the worldwide spot market?

im sure a regulation bill can be passed with near unanimous votes to keep the production in domestic markets. next.
Why do CON$ hate "free market" Capitalism???

Cons love nationalizing industries, as long as it drives down the price of their precious commute.

im sure a regulation bill can be passed with near unanimous votes to keep the production in domestic markets. next.
LOL! So, you advocate allowing drilling in ANWR...and nationalizing it?

Remember when Conservatives supported free markets? Nah, I don't either. Where do you think current imports from Mexico would go if we decided to attempt to redirect ANWR oil to the US? Hint: oil is rather fungible.

its not nationalization. how about giving tax breaks based on how much is kept domestic? It is not regulation as much as it is giving an incentive.
Why do CON$ want the government to pick winners and losers????

They want you in a Prius or Leaf. At ANY cost.
Well, if we all drove these vehicles, what would it do for our need for petroleum. Oh wait, big agra still uses 1/3 of all petroleum to turn the overproduction of corn into cheap crap (processed foods and biohazard meats) for a profit. Maybe we can couple hybrids with the death of corn subsidies finally?

So what? I own a Mercury Grand Marquis and a '94 Bronco. At est the GM gets about 21 mpg, the Bronco about 14 mpg.

What of it? The only reason its expensive is because the Eco-Nazis have been able to constrict production.
No, the only reason oil is expensive is because the oil monopoly limits supply to keep profits high. They cap new oil wells to keep that new oil off the market. More drilling will only lead to more capping.

The way you put the fear of God into the oil monopoly is to threaten to nationalize all CAPPED wells if the oil is not put on the market. The mantra should be "Uncap, baby uncap."

So what? I own a Mercury Grand Marquis and a '94 Bronco. At est the GM gets about 21 mpg, the Bronco about 14 mpg.

What of it? The only reason its expensive is because the Eco-Nazis have been able to constrict production.

VS a veicle that gets 40mpg and creates its OWN electricity? You corporatists are either for getting off of as much ME oil as possible or you're not. And you're not because multinational corporations and the MIC tell you you're not and you're too brainwashed and intellectually incurious to see it.

As to the second question, to what are you referring to "it's too expensive"?

Folks, the message from the left and Obama is clear. They are THRILLED about gas prices.

They want you in a Prius or Leaf. At ANY cost. They invested their entire being into the global warming hoax, and will see it through at any cost. They'd rather sellout their entire country before daring admit the right wing was correct about the GW hoax.

Senator Jim Inhofe once infamously declared that global warming is the ” greatest hoax ever perpetrated on the American people”. This week, however, Inhofe has signed his name as a cosponsor to S. 228, a Senate bill that acknowledges the reality of climate change, of which global warming is a part. Very quietly, Inhofe has finally admitted that he was wrong, and that global warming is not a hoax mysteriously crafted by some ill defined secret environmentalist elite.

One would hope that, now that Senator Inhofe admits that global warming is real, he would be ready to confront the problem. Unfortunately, S. 228 is not part of such a solution. Through this legislation, Inhofe retains his old policy position of blocking action to confront the problem of global warming, even though he has acknowledged that the problem is real.

Inhofe Admits Global Warming Is No Hoax | That's My Congress

I still don't want a Prius or a leaf just yet. I'll take my old Yamaha and it 60-70 mpg anyday.

Some here make it sound like we don't NEED the oil Anwar would produce. I guess we don't need the 50,000 jobs it would create either. I guess one stupid statement deserves another.

Some here make it sound like we don't NEED the oil Anwar would produce. I guess we don't need the 50,000 jobs it would create either. I guess one stupid statement deserves another.

That's a good point I hadn't heard before, the job creation.

Just best to keep government out of as much of a capitalistic market as possible.

A reverse dig at anti-drillers correct? You are saying they hate Oil, but dont understand how much it's in their lives to begin with.

its weak, and take that angle away, that they hate oil, And you have nothing.

Hate? Just pointing out the abject stupidity of the Green Cultists who have this irrational hatred of a necessary component of every day life that has been made expensive by limitations on its extraction.

Yes, it really is that simple.
yes, you just repeated what i said in your own words. I already know your arguement. Its a stupid pointless one at that.

Right. What's stupid and pointless is allowing Eco-Nazis and Al Gore devotees to determine energy policy based on lies.

That's a good point I hadn't heard before, the job creation.

Just best to keep government out of as much of a capitalistic market as possible.

Just look at what this admin and it's stupidity has done to the oil industry here in LA.

Forum List

Back