White House Opposes Drilling in Arctic Because It Will Not Lead to Energy Independenc

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Stephanie, Mar 8, 2011.

1. Stephanie

Stephanie Diamond Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +27,359
    Here you go folks, they DON'T CARE if you are paying higher gas prices. They have a AGENDA and they will force it on you one WAY OR ANOTHER at ANY COST.
    Have you had enough yet?

When asked why the Obama administration opposes drilling in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge (ANWR) given the rising cost of gasoline, Interior Secretary Ken Salazar told CNSNews.com that the "drill baby drill program" is not going to lead the United States to energy independence.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 19, 2014
  2. 8537

8537 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +729
    How will allowing multinational conglomerates to drill in ANWR lead to energy independence?

3. Liberty

Liberty Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +548
    Gee, maybe it has something to do with domestic production being politically stable, and middle eastern production being unstable. I know, it's rocket science.

4. VaYank5150

VaYank5150 Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,055
    Our domestic drilling is already sold internationally. How does anyone believe that more domestic drilling will alleviate this issue?

5. 8537

8537 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +729
    You think those companies will feel some obligation to sell the oil to the US instead of selling it across the worldwide spot market?

6. peach174

peach174 Gold Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +7,351
    OBAMA SAYS!
    MUST NOT ANGER the far left any further.

7. Liberty

Liberty Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +548
    im sure a regulation bill can be passed with near unanimous votes to keep the production in domestic markets. next.

8. 8537

8537 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +729
    LOL! So, you advocate allowing drilling in ANWR...and nationalizing it?

Remember when Conservatives supported free markets? Nah, I don't either. Where do you think current imports from Mexico would go if we decided to attempt to redirect ANWR oil to the US? Hint: oil is rather fungible.

9. Liberty

Liberty Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +548
    its not nationalization. how about giving tax breaks based on how much is kept domestic? It is not regulation as much as it is giving an incentive.

Also, when did liberals support free markets? Libertarians want insurrance companies to be able to compete over state lines and the left opposes that. GEe, I wonder why. get a clue, a free market is still free if there are incentives.

I think the crux of the issue is that the left wants a) Americans to depend on the middle east to achieve their ends which is b) collapse the economy and rebuild a communist utopia. If I am wrong, then explain to me what would make us energy independent? I'll wait.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2011
  10. 8537

8537 Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +729
    Tax breaks? These companies already get subsidized. How much more tax money should we give them?

And in the end it doesn't matter a wink - redirecting domestic supplies to domestic markets will simply redirect Mexican supplies to other markets...and drive up the price for everyone.
    If my state wants to create its own rules and regulations for its health insurance market, why should the federal government be able to tell us differently? I thought we had a 10th amendment.

Well, when you start from THAT premise it's not hard to see where the rest of your ideas flow.

You're presuming I think "energy independence" is an achievable and desirable goal.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2011