White House Opposes Drilling in Arctic Because It Will Not Lead to Energy Independenc

Because if we drill our own oil, it won't matter what happens in the ME.

But of course, libs have a lot invested in GE (the company leading the green revolution) so high gas prices are in their interest.

Who is the "we" that are drilling "our own oil"? Are you recommending nationalizing oil companies in the US?

Nope. I'm advocating flooding the market with supply. Ending speculation of a future supply crisis (which is why prices are high. There is no supply problem. The problem is speculation of a future supply problem, which more drilling would ease).

Thats what I'm proposing.

But, we can't, because there are thousands of liberals waiting on a God dang polar bear to come down and give them a hug.

ANWR has about 300,000 barrels of capacity. How is that flooding the market as compared to capacity in ME?

Who is the "we" that are drilling "our own oil"? Are you recommending nationalizing oil companies in the US?

Nope. I'm advocating flooding the market with supply. Ending speculation of a future supply crisis (which is why prices are high. There is no supply problem. The problem is speculation of a future supply problem, which more drilling would ease).

Thats what I'm proposing.

But, we can't, because there are thousands of liberals waiting on a God dang polar bear to come down and give them a hug.

ANWR has about 300,000 barrels of capacity. How is that flooding the market as compared to capacity in ME?

Saudi Arabia claims to have 2-2.5 million barrels of excess supply, but the market doesn't believe that. It certainly did not come on when oil was at $147 a few years ago. There isn't much spare capacity elsewhere.

There's a Big Lie out there that the US has enough supply if it weren't for those dastardly environmentalists stopping oil companies from drilling on government land. That's false. But ANWR is significant enough to matter. And frankly, the mating patterns of a couple thousand deer shouldn't take precedence over lowering costs for Americans.

I've always wondered why we don't drill.

I sure as hell won't believe that the environmental lobby has a stronger grip on washington than the oil lobby. Look at the $, he who bribes more gets more in legislation.

Personally I don't know the reason why neither party wants increased drilling when they're in office, but I haven't heard a legit reason from someone else either.

I sure as hell won't believe that the environmental lobby has a stronger grip on washington than the oil lobby. Look at the $, he who bribes more gets more in legislation.

Personally I don't know the reason why neither party wants increased drilling when they're in office, but I haven't heard a legit reason from someone else either.

You are right. We have the best form of government that money can buy.

As for increased domestic drilling? Why bother? It has no benefit for us in the United States. We would be better off investing in alternatives to oil.

Yeah folks, why bother drilling here?
I mean the Middle East is so stable and not going up in flames as we speak.

but hey, the Obama and his Administration says it so, So that is IT.

As for increased domestic drilling? Why bother? It has no benefit for us in the United States. We would be better off investing in alternatives to oil.

I'm not saying it would fix it or even help it, but would seem better for the free market to allow oil companies to buy land and drill. The only potential problem is government's constitutional requirement to protect other's property rights from something like an oil spill or whatever.

I'd rather not have government invest in anything, I'd rather people invest in alternatives if they so choose and companies will jump on the opportunity if it makes sense to their profit margins.

I'm not saying it would fix it or even help it, but would seem better for the free market to allow oil companies to buy land and drill. The only potential problem is government's constitutional requirement to protect other's property rights from something like an oil spill or whatever.

I'd rather not have government invest in anything, I'd rather people invest in alternatives if they so choose and companies will jump on the opportunity if it makes sense to their profit margins.

We agree on this. Our government already subisidizes (invests) in big oil. They really don't need my tax dollars.

We agree on this. Our government already subisidizes (invests) in big oil. They really don't need my tax dollars.[/QUOTE]

I'm not saying they do or don't but does the oil industry ever say anything about restricted drilling or is it only politicians?

I think it'd be a safe assumption that if our regulations were cutting into their profits they'd be all over the place speaking out against it.

We agree on this. Our government already subisidizes (invests) in big oil. They really don't need my tax dollars.

I'm not saying they do or don't but does the oil industry ever say anything about restricted drilling or is it only politicians?

I think it'd be a safe assumption that if our regulations were cutting into their profits they'd be all over the place speaking out against it.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Very good. However, since big oil is supported by our government, they may keep their comments to themselves for fear of losing my tax dollars?

I think it'd be a safe assumption that if our regulations were cutting into their profits they'd be all over the place speaking out against it.

Agreed. Very good. However, since big oil is supported by our government, they may keep their comments to themselves for fear of losing my tax dollars?[/QUOTE]

Yeah that's true. A very cozy relationship that's profitable for both sides.

The White House opposed drilling because they recieve campaign contributions from special interest groups who hate oil and they don't have the guts to stand up for the American people against these groups.

How will allowing multinational conglomerates to drill in ANWR lead to energy independence?

Gee, maybe it has something to do with domestic production being politically stable, and middle eastern production being unstable. I know, it's rocket science.

Here I sit with my my plastic laptop, plastic water bottles, aspirin, no wax floors, golf balls, ski poles and eating with my plastic chopstix... but I hate petroleum.

God these folks are dumb.

How will allowing multinational conglomerates to drill in ANWR lead to energy independence?

Gee, maybe it has something to do with domestic production being politically stable, and middle eastern production being unstable. I know, it's rocket science.

Here I sit with my my plastic laptop, plastic water bottles, aspirin, no wax floors, golf balls, ski poles and eating with my plastic chopstix... but I hate petroleum.

Who said anything about hating petroleum, Soggy?

You need a new strawman.

Who said anything about hating petroleum, Soggy?

You need a new strawman.

Granted, nobody ever says that... but the intent is pretty clear based on actions. And yes, it makes no sense whatsoever. Petroleum is a good thing... we should be drilling the shit out of it.

Speaking of stawmen... still waiting on a plausible explanation for why we're not drilling like crazy for oil.

They want you in a Prius or Leaf. At ANY cost.

Well, if we all drove these vehicles, what would it do for our need for petroleum. Oh wait, big agra still uses 1/3 of all petroleum to turn the overproduction of corn into cheap crap (processed foods and biohazard meats) for a profit. Maybe we can couple hybrids with the death of corn subsidies finally?

Last edited:
take away the hate and they have no argument left.

Hate?

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

A reverse dig at anti-drillers correct? You are saying they hate Oil, but dont understand how much it's in their lives to begin with.

its weak, and take that angle away, that they hate oil, And you have nothing.

Hate? Just pointing out the abject stupidity of the Green Cultists who have this irrational hatred of a necessary component of every day life that has been made expensive by limitations on its extraction.

Yes, it really is that simple.

They want you in a Prius or Leaf. At ANY cost.

Well, if we all drove these vehicles, what would it do for our need for petroleum. Oh wait, big agra still uses 1/3 of all petroleum to turn the overproduction of corn into cheap crap (processed foods and biohazard meats) for a profit. Maybe we can couple hybrids with the death of corn subsidies finally?

So what? I own a Mercury Grand Marquis and a '94 Bronco. At est the GM gets about 21 mpg, the Bronco about 14 mpg.

What of it? The only reason its expensive is because the Eco-Nazis have been able to constrict production.

You think those companies will feel some obligation to sell the oil to the US instead of selling it across the worldwide spot market?

im sure a regulation bill can be passed with near unanimous votes to keep the production in domestic markets. next.
Why do CON$ hate "free market" Capitalism???

Forum List

Back