White House Backed Release of Lockerbie Bomber

In this week of Breitbart disappearing into the black hole of zero credibility, I would think that at some people would like to actually SEE this letter before they declared it gospel.

Breitbart didn't fire the woman.

Vilsack did before he confirmed the authenticity and full content of the videotape.

He acted EXACTLY the way the 'nuts in this thread are acting.

lol..in a thread about obama's admin...our uber lefty loonie NY brings up bush and breitbart :lol:

Funny you should chime in. You were boasting not long ago how you reserved judgment on the Sherrod tape until you heard the whole thing.

Why aren't you telling your 'nut buddies here they should be doing the same in regards to this alleged letter?

...answer...because you're a partisan phoney fuck. If you had an ounce of genuine integrity, you'd be agreeing with me.

lol..in a thread about obama's admin...our uber lefty loonie NY brings up bush and breitbart :lol:

Funny you should chime in. You were boasting not long ago how you reserved judgment on the Sherrod tape until you heard the whole thing.

Why aren't you telling your 'nut buddies here they should be doing the same in regards to this alleged letter?

...answer...because you're a partisan phoney fuck. If you had an ounce of genuine integrity, you'd be agreeing with me.

Speaking of partisans, who was it that brought up the Downing Street memo in this thread?

Are you playing the part of the pot or the kettle?

Remarkable story - if it continues to develop it will prove very very damaging to both the Obama administration and the British Labour Party...

MSNBC: Report: U.S. encouraged bomber's release ( their title not mine)

msnbc.com Video Player

As per that report: Dr Jonathan Waxman, one of the top oncologists in the world never said the bomber had only 3 months to live and they ignored his opinion. And there is a letter the US is refusing to allow to be published.

This is appalling - and yet another lie to add to the long List of Obama Prevarications.

Well this doesn't sound like a backing as a much as a conditioned release. In other words the Scottish government was going to release him, so the US asked that it not be done as an exchange which makes for potential future kidnappings etc.

Indeed; Thus Care4all's challenge to the title of the thread, and Boe's disingenuous defense: "It was the title of the article," i.e., yes it was truely the title, but that doesn't make it any more factual.

The Australian is owned by Rupert Murdoch, owner of Fox News.

While O'Reilly might be in the NO SPIN ZONE, clearly the Australian is not.

This is appalling - and yet another lie to add to the long List of Obama Prevarications.

Well this doesn't sound like a backing as a much as a conditioned release. In other words the Scottish government was going to release him, so the US asked that it not be done as an exchange which makes for potential future kidnappings etc.

Indeed; Thus Care4all's challenge to the title of the thread, and Boe's disingenuous defense: "It was the title of the article," i.e., yes it was truely the title, but that doesn't make it any more factual.

No spinning at all. The Guardian reported the same thing last August.
It also emerged that MacAskill had formally asked the US embassy in London for permission to release a letter written earlier this month, which said the US government believed that giving Megrahi compassionate release was "far preferable" to transferring him to serve the rest of his sentence in a Libyan jail under the prisoner transfer agreement ratified by the UK government in April.

Link

No spinning at all. The Guardian reported the same thing last August.
It also emerged that MacAskill had formally asked the US embassy in London for permission to release a letter written earlier this month, which said the US government believed that giving Megrahi compassionate release was "far preferable" to transferring him to serve the rest of his sentence in a Libyan jail under the prisoner transfer agreement ratified by the UK government in April.

Link

The title of the article:
"White House Backed Release of Lockerbie Bomber"

Reality:
The White House never supported the release.

However, if he was released, there was one option that was less palatable than the other.

Yea this is pretty sad & shocking. It does look like this White House did support this despicable release. They opposed him being moved to Libya but they agreed with his release. I also think BP played a big part in this as well. This current President received the most cash from BP of any politician in America. This is a little-known fact due to our Liberal dominated MSM being so corrupt. This thing is probably even more despicable than most people understand. It looks like it was all about BP getting that sweet oil drilling deal with Libya. The whole thing just stinks.

I didn't realize Andrew Breitbart was part of the Scottish government.

I'm talking about reliable sources of information.

How is The Australian not a reliable source of information?

The story is about a letter we can't see that came from unknown people.

I don't consider that reliable. Secondhand, un-verified, hearsay, all of the above,

not reliable.

At least Breitbart showed us SOME of the video. :lol: This story is showing us nothing.

Well, well, well,

now the full text of the letter HAS been released and proves the OP was/is full of shit.

So who was intelligent enough to say you should reserve judgment until you actually see the letter?

Well, that would have been ME. How about that!!! lol

And who got mocked for the same? Well, that would have been ME, again.

Moral of the story. I am right 99% of the time. You would do well not to bet against me.

Will Boe return to admit she was wrong? Probably not.

Informed government sources said the US embassy letter still firmly rejected sending Megrahi home to his family: the US wanted Megrahi to stay in Scotland, effectively under house arrest. They knew in advance that releasing Megrahi would prove deeply controversial.

Forum List

Back