Which state is the most fucked up politically?

Instead of using ideology driven lists, why not use a more extensive list of qualifiers?
That said, I will use Forbes list of the best to the worse based on quality of life.
Forbes worse states are as follows:
1. West Virgina
2. Kentucky
3. Mississippi
4. Ohio
5. Arkansas
6. Indiana
7. Missouri
8. Oklahoma
9. Tennessee
10. Michigan

The Best States
1. Utah
2. Hawaii
3. Wyoming
4. Colorado
5. Minnesota
6. Maryland
7. Washington
8. Massachusetts
9. California
10. Arizona

America's Best States To Live - Forbes.com

Instead of using ideology driven lists, why not use a more extensive list of qualifiers?
That said, I will use Forbes list of the best to the worse based on quality of life.
1. West Virgina
2. Kentucky
3. Mississippi
4. Ohio
5. Arkansas
6. Indiana
7. Missouri
8. Oklahoma
9. Tennessee
10. Michigan

The Best States
1. Utah
2. Hawaii
3. Wyoming
4. Colorado
5. Minnesota
6. Maryland
7. Washington
8. Massachusetts
9. California
10. Arizona

It's a bit off topic since the OP asked which state was the most fucked up politically, but whatever.

1. West Virgina
2. Kentucky
3. Mississippi
4. Ohio
5. Arkansas
6. Indiana
7. Missouri
8. Oklahoma
9. Tennessee
10. Michigan

The Best States
1. Utah
2. Hawaii
3. Wyoming
4. Colorado
5. Minnesota
6. Maryland
7. Washington
8. Massachusetts
9. California
10. Arizona

I agree with you.

I would think it would be between New York, Illinois, and California, any other candidates? My birth state of Michigan was up there too, but it looks like they're making some changes and moving in the right direction. Tough call, still gotta go with CA tho.

I live in California. This state is truly messed up. It is a liberal entitlement state of high taxes and out of control spending.

California is what the USA will be if Obama gets elected again.

You really have no clue what freedom is... Oh well.

And you have no clue what apolitical is. Freedom, like beauty is in the eye of the beholder. This conclusion gives an overview of what the authors consider freedom. For example, what do they consider unrestricted motorist freedoms?

:lol: Uh, okay. Freedom is relative... Yes, I've heard that one before. Lemme find my shredder so you can put another copy of the Declaration of Independence through it. :thup:

Is being able to let your 4 year old ride in the car unrestrained, a freedom? Is homeschooling your kid in only astrology and physic phenomenon, but never in math, biology or writing a freedom?

I would think it would be between New York, Illinois, and California, any other candidates? My birth state of Michigan was up there too, but it looks like they're making some changes and moving in the right direction. Tough call, still gotta go with CA tho.

I live in California. This state is truly messed up. It is a liberal entitlement state of high taxes and out of control spending.

And what are Texas and Arizona?

And you have no clue what apolitical is. Freedom, like beauty is in the eye of the beholder. This conclusion gives an overview of what the authors consider freedom. For example, what do they consider unrestricted motorist freedoms?

:lol: Uh, okay. Freedom is relative... Yes, I've heard that one before. Lemme find my shredder so you can put another copy of the Declaration of Independence through it. :thup:

Is being able to let your 4 year old ride in the car unrestrained, a freedom? Is homeschooling your kid in only astrology and physic phenomenon, but never in math, biology or writing a freedom?

Non sequitur. You should consider making that your sig-line because it's pretty funny.

1. West Virgina
2. Kentucky
3. Mississippi
4. Ohio
5. Arkansas
6. Indiana
7. Missouri
8. Oklahoma
9. Tennessee
10. Michigan

The Best States
1. Utah
2. Hawaii
3. Wyoming
4. Colorado
5. Minnesota
6. Maryland
7. Washington
8. Massachusetts
9. California
10. Arizona

It's a bit off topic since the OP asked which state was the most fucked up politically, but whatever.

If they are "fucked up politically" then they'd have a crappy quality of life. To a liberal or conservative, what is viewed as "fucked up politically" is in the eyes of the beholder's ideology. Therefore that "view" is skewed by ones ideology and isn't an opinion based on reality.

Last edited:
1. West Virgina
2. Kentucky
3. Mississippi
4. Ohio
5. Arkansas
6. Indiana
7. Missouri
8. Oklahoma
9. Tennessee
10. Michigan

The Best States
1. Utah
2. Hawaii
3. Wyoming
4. Colorado
5. Minnesota
6. Maryland
7. Washington
8. Massachusetts
9. California
10. Arizona

Health lifestyles, healthy living?

How about the parameters of the OPs question actually be established.

If you are asking about politics, it seems one would look at waste in spending, duplication in agencies, state deficits, corruption, gerrymandering, nepotism, etc.

Just because people are happy doesn't mean that the political system is sound.

For the record, the OP has agreed with all of the liberals and appreciated their insight and dismissed ever one that doesn't fit his ideology....while lecturing people about bias.

Oops. Salt isn't the OP...he's just taken over the thread. :lol:

Sorry about that Wise.

Last edited:
1. West Virgina
2. Kentucky
3. Mississippi
4. Ohio
5. Arkansas
6. Indiana
7. Missouri
8. Oklahoma
9. Tennessee
10. Michigan

The Best States
1. Utah
2. Hawaii
3. Wyoming
4. Colorado
5. Minnesota
6. Maryland
7. Washington
8. Massachusetts
9. California
10. Arizona

If you are asking about politics, it seems one would look at waste in spending, duplication in agencies, state deficits, corruption, gerrymandering, nepotism, etc.

If that's the case, then how did Arizona make to 8th freest state?

Ok..We now know you are a left winger because to chose two of the least politically correct states in the US. SO be it. Move along to something new.
Why don't YOU answer your own question. That's what the OP was asking. Which the readers thought were most corrupt. List yours and the reasons why.

1. West Virgina
2. Kentucky
3. Mississippi
4. Ohio
5. Arkansas
6. Indiana
7. Missouri
8. Oklahoma
9. Tennessee
10. Michigan

The Best States
1. Utah
2. Hawaii
3. Wyoming
4. Colorado
5. Minnesota
6. Maryland
7. Washington
8. Massachusetts
9. California
10. Arizona

If that's the case, then how did Arizona make to 8th freest state?

Because there are 42 other states that do those thing in greater excess... :lol:

1. West Virgina
2. Kentucky
3. Mississippi
4. Ohio
5. Arkansas
6. Indiana
7. Missouri
8. Oklahoma
9. Tennessee
10. Michigan

The Best States
1. Utah
2. Hawaii
3. Wyoming
4. Colorado
5. Minnesota
6. Maryland
7. Washington
8. Massachusetts
9. California
10. Arizona

If they are "fucked up politically" then they'd have a crappy quality of life. To a liberal or conservative, what is viewed as "fucked up politically" is in the eyes of the beholder's ideology. Therefore that "view" is skewed by ones ideology and isn't an opinion based on reality.

Well, not really. Having a great quality of life is not always a good thing. I own two rats as pets and they have a great quality of life, but they still live in a cage. But if that's acceptable to you, more power to you.

Ok..We now know you are a left winger because to chose two of the least politically correct states in the US. SO be it. Move along to something new.
Why don't YOU answer your own question. That's what the OP was asking. Which the readers thought were most corrupt. List yours and the reasons why.

Ok... We now know you are a right winger, because you are uninformed and jump to conclusions with even trying to research the topic.

Texas and Arizona are in the same dire fiscal crisis as is California and I answered the OP's question on page one of this thread.

Remember, reading is fundamental.

1. West Virgina
2. Kentucky
3. Mississippi
4. Ohio
5. Arkansas
6. Indiana
7. Missouri
8. Oklahoma
9. Tennessee
10. Michigan

The Best States
1. Utah
2. Hawaii
3. Wyoming
4. Colorado
5. Minnesota
6. Maryland
7. Washington
8. Massachusetts
9. California
10. Arizona

I have to disagree to a point but not your entire analysis.
I have lived in four states during my adult years, California, Washington, Wisconsin and Minnesota. I disliked living in Wisconsin because as you stated their bureaucracy drove me nuts and the state agencies sucked, therefore my quality of life wasn't as good as the other three states. You will note that Minnesota, California and Washington are all in the Top Ten. The states by their legislation made the quality of life better and contribute to health lifestyles/healthy living, education systems, air quality, crime control, roads/infrastructure etc; all the things that are important to a happy and satisfied life. And all are part of Forbes analysis. To me, it's where politician's put their priorities and the concept of state governments is to make their state a great place to live. That attracts not only new residents and keeps their current residents in the state, but it also attracts new businesses.
South Dakota is ranked 39th in quality of life and South Dakota has a very friendly business environment. BUT a major obstacle is not many people want to live there. Like Minnesota, South Dakota has cold and almost unbearable winters, yet Minnesota keeps growing and keeps it's residents because of it's quality of life. Minnesota has one of the finest health care environments in the country, people live longer, they are healthier, Minnesota has always been ranked in the top for it's education. South Dakota ranks high on "freedoms", but is low on quality of life per Forbes. The freedom index hasn't transferred into happiness for South Dakota residence.

Ok... We now know you are a right winger, because you are uninformed and jump to conclusions with even trying to research the topic.

Texas and Arizona are in the same dire fiscal crisis as is California and I answered the OP's question on page one of this thread.

Remember, reading is fundamental.
Hey knee jerk. A financial crisis is not the same as corruption.
The OP's term "fucked up state" indicated to me that this is a thread about corruption in state government. If it isn't ,so be it.

Forum List

Back