Which state is the most fucked up politically?

And what was your conclusion from the report? Did you read from page 17 on? I wonder if access to abortions was factored into personal freedom? How about state deficits or education rankings?

My conclusion is that it's a very good paper if freedom is important to you. Yes, I've read the entire paper. They talk about high-profile issues such as abortion. I have some time later today if you would like for me to read it to you.

My conclusion is that they used stats that fit their and your predetermined conclusions. Their summary of Arizona is way off. I scanned the report but read their conclusions. To have Arizona ranked 8th says all that needs to be said for their scholarship.

Texas
Arizona
South Dakota

I guess Texas is on your list because we know that Bruce Springsteen is nothing more than a no-talent hack that can't sing, play the guitar or write lyrics above a fifth grade level. You North East Coaster ant farm dwellers are such bigots.

Guess I should make a formal list:

1. Utah - Almost a theocracy.
2. Texas - Secessionist Traitors.
3. Alabama - Conservative welfare state.
4. Alaska - Batshit crazy Secessionist traitors.
5. Well most of the South..really. Welfare states..one and all.

I would tell you to suck dick but from your garbled speech it's obvious you have one stuffed down you dainty New Yorker throat.......... what kind of dildo thinks New York City is an acceptable place to live......... I guess a fag like you, a target rich environment for giving blow jobs ehhh swallow?

Top 3

1. Arizona
2. Wisconsin
3. Ohio
Why Wisconsin and Ohio?

Is it because of those state's battles with their public worker unions?

Ya' think?

:lol:

And I wonder why AZ is on the list. Oh yeah. They are racist and hate people from Mexico!

They are on my list for huge state budget deficits, failing secondary school systems, 30% graduation rate at state universities, misappropriation of law enforcement funds, wrongful arrests and prosecutions of political opponents.

I would think that California would be the most obvious being that despite their dire fiscal situation most of the state politicians seems to be resisting any sensible changes to resolve the problem.

From the linked report above. You could probably look at the latest census data to see where people are migrating from and to. My guess is that the gaining states are that way cuz they're providing more opportunity, which (IMHO) is a result of greater personal and economic freedom. Look around the country and the world, the places with the highest taxes and regulation are also the ones that aren't doing so good.

" This study improves on prior attempts to score economic freedom for American states
in three primary ways: (1) it includes measures of social and personal freedoms such
as peaceable citizens’ rights to educate their own children, own and carry firearms,
and be free from unreasonable search and seizure; (2) it includes far more variables,
even on economic policies alone, than prior studies, and there are no missing data on
any variable; and (3) it uses new, more accurate measurements of key variables, particularly
state fiscal policies.

We find that the freest states in the country are New Hampshire, Colorado, and South
Dakota, which together achieve a virtual tie for first place. All three states feature low
taxes and government spending and middling levels of regulation and paternalism.
New York is the least free by a considerable margin, followed by New Jersey, Rhode
Island, California, and Maryland. On personal freedom alone, Alaska is the clear winner,
while Maryland brings up the rear. As for freedom in the different regions of the
country, the Mountain and West North Central regions are the freest overall while the
Middle Atlantic lags far behind on both economic and personal freedom. "

Last edited:
And what was your conclusion from the report? Did you read from page 17 on? I wonder if access to abortions was factored into personal freedom? How about state deficits or education rankings?

My conclusion is that it's a very good paper if freedom is important to you. Yes, I've read the entire paper. They talk about high-profile issues such as abortion. I have some time later today if you would like for me to read it to you.

My conclusion is that they used stats that fit their and your predetermined conclusions. Their summary of Arizona is way off. I scanned the report but read their conclusions. To have Arizona ranked 8th says all that needs to be said for their scholarship.

The data is apolitical and so are the conclusions. Like I said, if you are 'for' economic and personal freedom, you'll find the report to be accurate. Have a nice day.

I would think that California would be the most obvious being that despite their dire fiscal situation most of the state politicians seems to be resisting any sensible changes to resolve the problem.

Yet, Texas' fiscal situation is worse than California's and Arizona's is just as bad.

The data is apolitical and so are the conclusions. Like I said, if you are 'for' economic and personal freedom, you'll find the report to be accurate. Have a nice day.

The data is political and so are the conclusions and you saying otherwise says alot about your mindset.

From your link:

Maryland is the fifth least free state in the country. The state is 34th in economic freedom but a distant 50th in personal freedom. Maryland’s impositions on personal freedom include the second-strictest gun laws in the country, and marijuana laws are fairly harsh (except that the first offense of high-level possession is a misdemeanor, and there is a weak medical marijuana law), motorists’ freedoms are highly restricted, gambling laws are tight, home schooling laws are burdensome (curricula must be approved by the government), centralized land-use planning is very advanced, eminent domain abuse is totally unreformed, victimless crimes arrest rates are high, and civil unions are not recognized. On the plus side, taxes on beer, wine, and spirits are fairly low, and overall Maryland has one of the least restrictive alcohol control systems in the country. Surprisingly, the state has not enacted complete smoking bans yet. On economic regulation, the state has the usual left-ofcenter failings on labor law, but more strikingly it has the second-most health insurance mandates in the country (they add 67 percent to the cost).

Nothing political about this conclusion?

From your link:

Maryland is the fifth least free state in the country. The state is 34th in economic freedom but a distant 50th in personal freedom. Maryland’s impositions on personal freedom include the second-strictest gun laws in the country, and marijuana laws are fairly harsh (except that the first offense of high-level possession is a misdemeanor, and there is a weak medical marijuana law), motorists’ freedoms are highly restricted, gambling laws are tight, home schooling laws are burdensome (curricula must be approved by the government), centralized land-use planning is very advanced, eminent domain abuse is totally unreformed, victimless crimes arrest rates are high, and civil unions are not recognized. On the plus side, taxes on beer, wine, and spirits are fairly low, and overall Maryland has one of the least restrictive alcohol control systems in the country. Surprisingly, the state has not enacted complete smoking bans yet. On economic regulation, the state has the usual left-ofcenter failings on labor law, but more strikingly it has the second-most health insurance mandates in the country (they add 67 percent to the cost).

You really have no clue what freedom is... Oh well.

From your link:

And you have no clue what apolitical is. Freedom, like beauty is in the eye of the beholder. This conclusion gives an overview of what the authors consider freedom. For example, what do they consider unrestricted motorist freedoms?

From your link:

And you have no clue what apolitical is. Freedom, like beauty is in the eye of the beholder. This conclusion gives an overview of what the authors consider freedom. For example, what do they consider unrestricted motorist freedoms?

:lol: Uh, okay. Freedom is relative... Yes, I've heard that one before. Lemme find my shredder so you can put another copy of the Declaration of Independence through it. :thup:

Forum List

Back