Which side do you come down on

I side with

• Total voters
Ame®icano;1631731 said:
this person is currently serving in the U.S. military? are those patches authorized for display on his uniform?

Is this just rhetoric question or you're questioning it because you're against it?

If is rhetoric, then the answer is: Those patches are called "REMF's", they are something that is "allowed" in hot zones. Swearing to uphold the Constitution isn't a "political banner" any more than an American flag is. It identifies the ideology that we should be pushing for. When I said We, I mean Americans.

Ok, so the answer is yes.

If you are against it, I would advise you to go rip one off their shoulder and tell them to Obama Up! Let them know also that girly boys of America are against their oath and their belief in the US Constitution.

You must not know noose very well, because this last part was uncalled-for.

Completely agree on that one. My issue is Noose's statement is he's making an unsubstantiated claim concerning the group in question. His claim is nothing more than a uninformed blind, partisan judgement.

Ame®icano;1631731 said:
Is this just rhetoric question or you're questioning it because you're against it?

If is rhetoric, then the answer is: Those patches are called "REMF's", they are something that is "allowed" in hot zones. Swearing to uphold the Constitution isn't a "political banner" any more than an American flag is. It identifies the ideology that we should be pushing for. When I said We, I mean Americans.

If you are against it, I would advise you to go rip one off their shoulder and tell them to Obama Up! Let them know also that girly boys of America are against their oath and their belief in the US Constitution.

Completely agree on that one. My issue is Noose's statement is he's making an unsubstantiated claim concerning the group in question. His claim is nothing more than a uninformed blind, partisan judgement.

an piece regarding them:

READY TO REVOLT: Oath Keepers pledges to prevent dictatorship in United States - News - ReviewJournal.com

such things as this from the story in the link expose what the oath keepers are all about:

The group's Web site, Oath Keepers » Oath Keepers – Guardians of the Republic, features videos and testimonials in which supporters compare President Barack Obama's America to Adolf Hitler's Germany. They also liken Obama to England's King George III during the American Revolution.

One member, in a videotaped speech at an event in Washington, D.C., calls Obama "the domestic enemy the Constitution is talking about."

oathkeepers is a radical anti American group that i am willing to bet quite a few unknowing people have joined, plus the whole idea of this group is stupid, if you take an oath you should not have to join a group stating that you will live up to that oath as that is already implied by the taking of the oath in the first place.

Anti American? Now I know for a fact you are stupid!

1. We will NOT obey orders to disarm the American people.

2. We will NOT obey orders to conduct warrantless searches of the American people

3. We will NOT obey orders to detain American citizens as “unlawful enemy combatants” or to subject them to military tribunal.

4. We will NOT obey orders to impose martial law or a “state of emergency” on a state.

5. We will NOT obey orders to invade and subjugate any state that asserts its sovereignty.

6. We will NOT obey any order to blockade American cities, thus turning them into giant concentration camps.

7. We will NOT obey any order to force American citizens into any form of detention camps under any pretext.

8. We will NOT obey orders to assist or support the use of any foreign troops on U.S. soil against the American people to “keep the peace” or to “maintain control."

9. We will NOT obey any orders to confiscate the property of the American people, including food and other essential supplies.

10.We will NOT obey any orders which infringe on the right of the people to free speech, to peaceably assemble, and to petition their government for a redress of grievances.

Click here for the full length version.

yes anti American cloaking themselves with the above, where were they when bush put forth the patriot act? why have they all of a sudden popped up now after 8 years of bush putting forth constitutionally questionable acts? how many of these military and police members of this group have already acted upon constitutionally questionable action put forth by bush? like law enforcement types using the patriot act? they are a crock, they just oppose the duly elected government of the U.S. because their side was voted out by the American people.

Link?

yes anti American cloaking themselves with the above, where were they when bush put forth the patriot act? why have they all of a sudden popped up now after 8 years of bush putting forth constitutionally questionable acts? how many of these military and police members of this group have already acted upon constitutionally questionable action put forth by bush? like law enforcement types using the patriot act? they are a crock, they just oppose the duly elected government of the U.S. because their side was voted out by the American people.

So the only evidence you have to support your claim they're anti-American is that they didn't throw a fit over the Patriot Act? In other words, it's just your opinion that they are anti-American, you don't actually have any substantial evidence to support your claim.

Oath Keepers is a non-partisan association of currently serving military, reserves, National Guard, veterans, Peace Officers, and Fire Fighters who will fulfill the Oath we swore, with the support of like minded citizens who take an Oath to stand with us, to support and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic, so help us God. Our Oath is to the Constitution

and the ku klux klan claims to not be a racist organization.

KKK?? Damn when you try changing a subject you don't fuck around.

Simply remember that military members are subject to the UCMJ. If they elect to not obey orders, the proof is on the military member, who will get the opportunity to defend themselves judicially and non-judicially. If they elect to disobey such an order in combat and endanger the good order and discipline of the unit, they can be executed on the spot.

I'm afraid not...

Orders that violate the Constitution of the United States are unlawful orders.

It is a soldiers DUTY to DISOBEY unlawful orders.

Anti American? Now I know for a fact you are stupid!

2. We will NOT obey orders to conduct warrantless searches of the American people

3. We will NOT obey orders to detain American citizens as “unlawful enemy combatants” or to subject them to military tribunal.

4. We will NOT obey orders to impose martial law or a “state of emergency” on a state.

5. We will NOT obey orders to invade and subjugate any state that asserts its sovereignty.

6. We will NOT obey any order to blockade American cities, thus turning them into giant concentration camps.

7. We will NOT obey any order to force American citizens into any form of detention camps under any pretext.

8. We will NOT obey orders to assist or support the use of any foreign troops on U.S. soil against the American people to “keep the peace” or to “maintain control."

9. We will NOT obey any orders to confiscate the property of the American people, including food and other essential supplies.

10.We will NOT obey any orders which infringe on the right of the people to free speech, to peaceably assemble, and to petition their government for a redress of grievances.

Click here for the full length version.

Link?

see the article in the above post, they have compared the duly elected president of the U.S. to Hitler

an piece regarding them:

READY TO REVOLT: Oath Keepers pledges to prevent dictatorship in United States - News - ReviewJournal.com

such things as this from the story in the link expose what the oath keepers are all about:

The group's Web site, Oath Keepers » Oath Keepers – Guardians of the Republic, features videos and testimonials in which supporters compare President Barack Obama's America to Adolf Hitler's Germany. They also liken Obama to England's King George III during the American Revolution.

One member, in a videotaped speech at an event in Washington, D.C., calls Obama "the domestic enemy the Constitution is talking about."

Unfortunately the article you provided does not prove your position. Other then the (extreme left wing group) Southern Poverty Law Centers possible fears it only vaugely attempts to indirectly associate said group to right wing extremists potentially at some time in the future. Sorry but you'll have to try much harder to convince me.

So the only evidence you have to support your claim they're anti-American is that they didn't throw a fit over the Patriot Act? In other words, it's just your opinion that they are anti-American, you don't actually have any substantial evidence to support your claim.

Oath Keepers is a non-partisan association of currently serving military, reserves, National Guard, veterans, Peace Officers, and Fire Fighters who will fulfill the Oath we swore, with the support of like minded citizens who take an Oath to stand with us, to support and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic, so help us God. Our Oath is to the Constitution

and the ku klux klan claims to not be a racist organization.

KKK?? Damn when you try changing a subject you don't fuck around.

sorry if the concept of analogies goes above your head.

an piece regarding them:

Unfortunately the article you provided does not prove your position. Other then the (extreme left wing group) Southern Poverty Law Centers possible fears it only vaugely attempts to indirectly associate said group to right wing extremists potentially at some time in the future. Sorry but you'll have to try much harder to convince me.

if people comparing the duly elected President of the United States to hitler iis not un American to you then we will have to agree to disagree.

an piece regarding them:

if people comparing the duly elected President of the United States to hitler iis not un American to you then we will have to agree to disagree.

From what I read it was not the primary founder of the group, but (what we know) one person within the group. The article does make that destinction. I can see a schism coming soon between the main group and a few right wing radicals who have joined it. I obviously disagree with the radicals and hope they will "break off", because the group's primary purpose appears to be well meaning and they don't need the few bad apples to spoil the whole bunch. Look at your response, judging the whole group because of one or two stupid individuals, within the group and from without.

Simply remember that military members are subject to the UCMJ. If they elect to not obey orders, the proof is on the military member, who will get the opportunity to defend themselves judicially and non-judicially. If they elect to disobey such an order in combat and endanger the good order and discipline of the unit, they can be executed on the spot.

I'm afraid not...

The burden of proof is on the soldier who disobeys any order, Missourian, and if you have served in the military you know that very well.

So Moveon.org is un-American?

"Certainly myself, as an American and as a Jew, I'm disgusted by the casual use of Hitler by liberal Democrats and groups such as MoveOn.org," said Mr. Cantor, the House chief deputy majority whip.

"To compare any American president, much less George W. Bush, to Adolf Hitler, cheapens the sacrifice of millions of lives that have been lost by this country over its history and really denigrates the efforts by the American military," Mr. Cantor said.

For once we agree...Moveon.org is un-American.

"Certainly myself, as an American and as a Jew, I'm disgusted by the casual use of Hitler by liberal Democrats and groups such as MoveOn.org," said Mr. Cantor, the House chief deputy majority whip.

"To compare any American president, much less George W. Bush, to Adolf Hitler, cheapens the sacrifice of millions of lives that have been lost by this country over its history and really denigrates the efforts by the American military," Mr. Cantor said.

I agree with Mr. Cantor in this regard, comparing the U.S. President, any of them, to Hitler is un- American

I'm afraid not...

The burden of proof is on the soldier who disobeys any order, Missourian, and if you have served in the military you know that very well.

I have, and I do.

I caveated my statement thusly:

An order that violates the Constitution of the United States is an unlawful order.

I'm afraid not...

Hell has frozen over! Jake this is the third time I have agreed with one of your posts!

:lol::lol::lol:

I agree with Mr. Cantor in this regard, comparing the U.S. President, any of them, to Hitler is un- American

It is ignorant, but it is not unAmerican.

I agree with mission statement of the Oath Keepers. There is nothing anti-American about it. And it is not radical right. People who state such don't know their left from their right, much less that disagreement doesn't equate to anti-American.

Ame®icano;1631731 said:
this person is currently serving in the U.S. military? are those patches authorized for display on his uniform?

so you can wear any patch you want when in a hot zone? it was a legit question, when i was in the Marines we were not allowed such deviations from the required uniform and especially not patches from radical right wing anti American groups.

I thought that I was pretty clear when I wrote: "It identifies the ideology that we should be pushing for". Do I need to explain further that ideology is called in our Constitution, you know... part where our founding fathers are talking about Republic, liberty, freedom, our rights, etc.

Now, if you please, explain to me, since when is upholding the Constitution radical right and anti American thing? I would really like to know that!

Ame®icano;1631731 said:

I don't know anyone here. I read what is written, and then I reply.

Thanks for the clarification.

Ame®icano;1630546 said:
A Three Percent Oath Keeper in Iraq

000000S4200090-500x445.jpg

This is the Oath:

Since all would be unconstitutional, seems a good idea.

Forum List

Back