Which side do you come down on

I side with

• Total voters
Its always the race card with these liberals, it can only be because of hated for brown people , if it's not then what?
Then they are wrong, and they can never be wrong, because everyone who disagrees with them is a idiot.
It must be tough being so unimaginably enlightened .

Last edited:
This is the Oath:

1. We will NOT obey orders to disarm the American people.

2. We will NOT obey orders to conduct warrantless searches of the American people

3. We will NOT obey orders to detain American citizens as “unlawful enemy combatants” or to subject them to military tribunal.

4. We will NOT obey orders to impose martial law or a “state of emergency” on a state.

5. We will NOT obey orders to invade and subjugate any state that asserts its sovereignty.

6. We will NOT obey any order to blockade American cities, thus turning them into giant concentration camps.

7. We will NOT obey any order to force American citizens into any form of detention camps under any pretext.

8. We will NOT obey orders to assist or support the use of any foreign troops on U.S. soil against the American people to “keep the peace” or to “maintain control."

9. We will NOT obey any orders to confiscate the property of the American people, including food and other essential supplies.

10.We will NOT obey any orders which infringe on the right of the people to free speech, to peaceably assemble, and to petition their government for a redress of grievances.

It would be interesting to see the rationale behind each of the statements. I would expect many or all to be qualified depending on the circumstances. Take #1 for instance. Would they refuse to disarm Americans under any circumstances or only in those circumstances in which weapons were not being used unlawfully against other Americans?

They did not say for instance that they would refuse to impose martial law--a measure that might be a temporary necessity to restore order in a riot situation or post mass disaster situation, etc.--but would they would refuse an order to impound an entire state.

It appears that almost all of the points of the oath address orders coming from the Federal government that would overstep its Constitutional authority or give the Federal government more power than the Constitution intended that it should have.

Are the statements inflexible and all emcompassing? I'm going to guess that they are not, and would be applied on a common sense and case by case scenario.

Last edited:
except that is not why this group was formed, funny they didnt pop up when the patriot act was enacted but a black guy gets elected and boom, groups like this pop up.

How do you know that wasn't one of the initial driving factors that gave someone the idea to form the group?

timing? the Patriot act has been here for some time now but they wait till the president who enacted it is no longer the president? it doesnt take kreskin to see what they are all about.

Evolution of an idea. One possible scenario; Issue arises, person gets an idea, idea sits on back burner, another issue arises which spurs the idea into action. Not saying this is what happened in this case but since neither of us are involve with this group how do we know? It's called giving the benefit of the doubt without having all the facts, you know, being fair, open minded and not jumping to conclusions.

Last edited:
How do you know that wasn't one of the initial driving factors that gave someone the idea to form the group?

timing? the Patriot act has been here for some time now but they wait till the president who enacted it is no longer the president? it doesnt take kreskin to see what they are all about.

Evolution of an idea. One possible scenario; Issue arises, person gets an idea, idea sits on back burner, another issue arises which spurs the idea into action. Not saying this is what happened in this case but since neither of us are involve with this group how do we know? It's called giving the benefit of the doubt without having all the facts, you know, being fair, open minded and not jumping to conclusions.

since there is no need for this group they do not get the benefit of the doubt, this group was formed because of the lunatic fringe fantasies put forth by the nutty part of the right wing that see's fema building concentration camps and other such nonsense.

oathkeepers is a radical anti American group that i am willing to bet quite a few unknowing people have joined, plus the whole idea of this group is stupid, if you take an oath you should not have to join a group stating that you will live up to that oath as that is already implied by the taking of the oath in the first place.

I think the whole purpose is to make a point more than anything else. Patriotic law enforcement officers who are standing up in front of government officials and citizens and affirming that they won't follow orders that are unconstitutional, such as the disarming of lawful, law abigding gun owners after hurricane Katrina.

Tha value in their organization is that if we ever had a political leadership who tried to bypass our rights, upstanding and faithful law enforcement officials would refuse to act against us.

Of course, the organization could be used against us as well, if you look at it from a historic perspective. If there had been a contingent of redcoats who had taken a similar approach back in the 1700's, the long list of abuses may have never arisen, therefore we would have never fought for independence. Likewise, if Oathkeepers prevents our current corporate leadership from eliminating or subverting our Constitutional rights, they may have a net effect of preventing Americans who are asleep at the wheel from waking up as a result of our rights being shaved away. In other words, they may be prolonging the status quo rather than working effectively against it.

To me, it harkens back to the statement that "America is at that awkward stage where it's too late to stop them, but it's still too early to shoot the bastards". Oathkeeprs is a direct reflection of that reality. I'm thankful for them.

since there is no need for this group they do not get the benefit of the doubt, this group was formed because of the lunatic fringe fantasies put forth by the nutty part of the right wing that see's fema building concentration camps and other such nonsense.

And you know this for a fact?

This is the Oath:

It would be interesting to see the rationale behind each of the statements. I would expect many or all to be qualified depending on the circumstances. Take #1 for instance. Would they refuse to disarm Americans under any circumstances or only in those circumstances in which weapons were not being used unlawfully against other Americans?
#1 seems to refer to "the American People" not "an American Citizen"

Since it is in position number 1, could it be the attempt to circumvent the constitution and disarm the American People by treaty spurred this group to action?
Not a Brown/White issue, but a Civil Liberty issue?

oathkeepers is a radical anti American group that i am willing to bet quite a few unknowing people have joined, plus the whole idea of this group is stupid, if you take an oath you should not have to join a group stating that you will live up to that oath as that is already implied by the taking of the oath in the first place.

I think the whole purpose is to make a point more than anything else. Patriotic law enforcement officers who are standing up in front of government officials and citizens and affirming that they won't follow orders that are unconstitutional, such as the disarming of lawful, law abigding gun owners after hurricane Katrina.

Tha value in their organization is that if we ever had a political leadership who tried to bypass our rights, upstanding and faithful law enforcement officials would refuse to act against us.

Of course, the organization could be used against us as well, if you look at it from a historic perspective. If there had been a contingent of redcoats who had taken a similar approach back in the 1700's, the long list of abuses may have never arisen, therefore we would have never fought for independence. Likewise, if Oathkeepers prevents our current corporate leadership from eliminating or subverting our Constitutional rights, they may have a net effect of preventing Americans who are asleep at the wheel from waking up as a result of our rights being shaved away. In other words, they may be prolonging the status quo rather than working effectively against it.

To me, it harkens back to the statement that "America is at that awkward stage where it's too late to stop them, but it's still too early to shoot the bastards". Oathkeeprs is a direct reflection of that reality. I'm thankful for them.

where were they when the patriot act was enacted? how many of these law enforcement officials who have joined this group have already used aspects of the patriot act during bush's presidency? this group is just another militia type anti American right wing group that is angry that their political side has been defeated in recent elections, the serious ones are potential timothy mcveigh's, mcveigh had the same mindset during the last Democratic party led administration.

do you have evidence to the contrary?

Yes. This is what I said before. But I think you said it better. The problem occurs if there is no qualification for each statement, i.e. failure to discern the intent behind the statement much as we look to the writings of the Founders for the intent of the Constitution.l

Asked you first, besides if you actually read my posts you would see I already said I didn't know but was being fair and open minded because I didn't have all the facts. That I wasn't jumping to conclusions based on any biased, partisan (or other) paradigms. The real question here is can you say the same about yourself? The evidence so far says no.

OathKeepers have every right to organize as long as they remember that on active duty they have the UCMJ as we all as civilian and criminal federal and state laws with which to contend.

OK is no threat to anything.

Oath Keepers, the military and police organization that was formed earlier this year and held its April muster on Lexington Green, may be a particularly worrisome example of the Patriot revival.
particularly worrisome example of the Patriot revival.

SPLCenter.org: SPLC Report: Return of the Militias
With the Oath keepers or the souther poverty law center

Oath Keepers, the military and police organization that was formed earlier this year and held its April muster on Lexington Green, may be a particularly worrisome example of the Patriot revival. Members vow to fulfill the oaths to the Constitution that they swore while in the military or law enforcement. "Our oath is to the Constitution, not to the politicians, and we will not obey unconstitutional (and thus illegal) and immoral orders," the group says. Oath Keepers lists 10 orders its members won't obey, including two that reference U.S. concentration camps.

Anti American? Now I know for a fact you are stupid!

2. We will NOT obey orders to conduct warrantless searches of the American people

3. We will NOT obey orders to detain American citizens as “unlawful enemy combatants” or to subject them to military tribunal.

4. We will NOT obey orders to impose martial law or a “state of emergency” on a state.

5. We will NOT obey orders to invade and subjugate any state that asserts its sovereignty.

6. We will NOT obey any order to blockade American cities, thus turning them into giant concentration camps.

7. We will NOT obey any order to force American citizens into any form of detention camps under any pretext.

8. We will NOT obey orders to assist or support the use of any foreign troops on U.S. soil against the American people to “keep the peace” or to “maintain control."

9. We will NOT obey any orders to confiscate the property of the American people, including food and other essential supplies.

10.We will NOT obey any orders which infringe on the right of the people to free speech, to peaceably assemble, and to petition their government for a redress of grievances.

Click here for the full length version.

Asked you first, besides if you actually read my posts you would see I already said I didn't know but was being fair and open minded because I didn't have all the facts. That I wasn't jumping to conclusions based on any biased, partisan (or other) paradigms. The real question here is can you say the same about yourself? The evidence so far says no.

i dont need to be an expert on shit to know that a turd smells bad.

Oath Keepers, the military and police organization that was formed earlier this year and held its April muster on Lexington Green, may be a particularly worrisome example of the Patriot revival.

SPLCenter.org: SPLC Report: Return of the Militias
With the Oath keepers or the souther poverty law center

Oath Keepers, the military and police organization that was formed earlier this year and held its April muster on Lexington Green, may be a particularly worrisome example of the Patriot revival. Members vow to fulfill the oaths to the Constitution that they swore while in the military or law enforcement. "Our oath is to the Constitution, not to the politicians, and we will not obey unconstitutional (and thus illegal) and immoral orders," the group says. Oath Keepers lists 10 orders its members won't obey, including two that reference U.S. concentration camps.

yes anti American cloaking themselves with the above, where were they when bush put forth the patriot act? why have they all of a sudden popped up now after 8 years of bush putting forth constitutionally questionable acts? how many of these military and police members of this group have already acted upon constitutionally questionable action put forth by bush? like law enforcement types using the patriot act? they are a crock, they just oppose the duly elected government of the U.S. because their side was voted out by the American people.

where were they when the patriot act was enacted? how many of these law enforcement officials who have joined this group have already used aspects of the patriot act during bush's presidency? this group is just another militia type anti American right wing group that is angry that their political side has been defeated in recent elections, the serious ones are potential timothy mcveigh's, mcveigh had the same mindset during the last Democratic party led administration.
You're joking, right? Is that how you're trying to spin this? As some kind of domestic terror front? Well, I've stated before that Obama is even worse than Bush and he'll stop at nothing to eliminate our rights.

Are you helping to set the stage so that a domestic attack can be blamed on loyal patriots, in order to prevent them from opening the eyes of the nation to the corporate controlle GOP/Dem usurpation of our government?

Sorry pal, but your hatred towards this nation and the protection of liberty is becoming obvious. You claim that Oath keepers is in response to Obama being elected?

If you look on Youtube, many of the original post dates of video's have been updated so they look like they were in 2009, but if you go to the following video, the date is Jan 1, 2008. How is that possible if Oath keepers is in response to Obama and the dems? I'll tell you how: It's NOT possible. For what it's worth, I've been following Oath Keepers for over a year now.

You're spreading a lie because you (or someone you parrot) doesn't like the fact that law enforcement is standing up to federal takeover of local authority. Here's the video, followed by another video of sheriff Mack (Oath Keepers founder) back in 2006:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwoXmXA8BvY&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Tim McGraw If You're Reading This[/ame]

Sheriff Richard Mack Interview Video "The Constitution vs The New World Order"

You're joking, right? Is that how you're trying to spin this? As some kind of domestic terror front? Well, I've stated before that Obama is even worse than Bush and he'll stop at nothing to eliminate our rights.

you have stated, enough said, you fall in the same category as this anti American group, your loyalty is to political ideology and not the nation.

Are you helping to set the stage so that a domestic attack can be blamed on loyal patriots, in order to prevent them from opening the eyes of the nation to the corporate controlle GOP/Dem usurpation of our government?

no, you are the one cheering on potential mcveighs

Sorry pal, but your hatred towards this nation and the protection of liberty is becoming obvious. You claim that Oath keepers is in response to Obama being elected?

the only haters of this nation here are you and those who cheer on these radical anti American groups

If you look on Youtube, many of the original post dates of video's have been updated so they look like they were in 2009, but if you go to the following video, the date is Jan 1, 2008. How is that possible if Oath keepers is in response to Obama and the dems? I'll tell you how: It's NOT possible. For what it's worth, I've been following Oath Keepers for over a year now.

Democrats controlled the congress in 2008 and it was pretty evident that after so many years of bush that change was coming

You're spreading a lie because you (or someone you parrot) doesn't like the fact that law enforcement is standing up to federal takeover of local authority. Here's the video, followed by another video of sheriff Mack (Oath Keepers founder) back in 2006:

horseshit, this group is a radical anti government group with a very stupid name, when you take an oath you do so with the mindset of keeping it, no need to join a group that supposedly reminds you to do so.

yes anti American cloaking themselves with the above, where were they when bush put forth the patriot act? why have they all of a sudden popped up now after 8 years of bush putting forth constitutionally questionable acts? how many of these military and police members of this group have already acted upon constitutionally questionable action put forth by bush? like law enforcement types using the patriot act? they are a crock, they just oppose the duly elected government of the U.S. because their side was voted out by the American people.

So the only evidence you have to support your claim they're anti-American is that they didn't throw a fit over the Patriot Act? In other words, it's just your opinion that they are anti-American, you don't actually have any substantial evidence to support your claim.

Oath Keepers is a non-partisan association of currently serving military, reserves, National Guard, veterans, Peace Officers, and Fire Fighters who will fulfill the Oath we swore, with the support of like minded citizens who take an Oath to stand with us, to support and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic, so help us God. Our Oath is to the Constitution

So the only evidence you have to support your claim they're anti-American is that they didn't throw a fit over the Patriot Act? In other words, it's just your opinion that they are anti-American, you don't actually have any substantial evidence to support your claim.

Oath Keepers is a non-partisan association of currently serving military, reserves, National Guard, veterans, Peace Officers, and Fire Fighters who will fulfill the Oath we swore, with the support of like minded citizens who take an Oath to stand with us, to support and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic, so help us God. Our Oath is to the Constitution

and the ku klux klan claims to not be a racist organization.

Forum List

Back