Which Republican Candidate Are You Supporting....

I have narrowed it down to Gary Johnson and Ron Paul if neither of them win the nomination I vote 3rd party again in 2012.
Capitol Punishment-Johnson
Abortion-Paul
Afghanistan-Both
Budget-Paul
Business and Labor-Paul
China-Both
Civil Liberties-Paul
Cuba-Paul
Deficit-Both
Economy-Paul
Education-Both
Energy-Both
Foreign Policy-Both
Guantanamo-Both
Gun Control-Both
Health Care-Both
Immigration-Both lack a strict policy so both. Johnson doesn't think illegals are taking jobs and Paul wants to create a generous guest worker program..
Iran-Both
Iraq-Both
Israel-neither they both think Israel is our friend but both want less diplomacy with them and less money sent to them for me that isn't far enough.
Marijuana-Both
Minimum wage-Both
National Security-Both
North Korea-Both
Palestine-Paul
Poverty-Both
Same Sex issues-Paul
Trade-Paul

So, basically, you want 4 more years of Obama. Good to know.

You're missing the point altogether. We don't want four more years of Obama. But we also don't want four years of Romney. Or Pawlenty. Or Gingrich. Or any of the other phony statist fuckers who want to run things.

The point is there's no difference between the establishment-approved candidates either side. And the sooner we all realize that, the sooner we can elect leaders with a sincere desire to change things for the better. Until that happens, I won't throw away my vote on someone I despise.

You're missing the point altogether. We don't want four more years of Obama. But we also don't want four years of Romney. Or Pawlenty. Or Gingrich. Or any of the other phony statist fuckers who want to run things.

The point is there's no difference between the establishment-approved candidates either side. And the sooner we all realize that, the sooner we can elect leaders with a sincere desire to change things for the better. Until that happens, I won't throw away my vote on someone I despise.

Face a fact.... Americans do not want a Libertarian Government. I agree with quite a few libertarian stances, unfortunately, they are generally far too naive about how to run this country and it wouldn't work.

He didn't say that, I would agree with it but he didn't say that.

Yes, he did:

Herman Cain: No Muslims in my Cabinet | The Right Scoop

and that’s from a rightist blog.

He shown discipline and strength in cutting spending. He will lower taxes and fight for families that are struggling to keep afloat.

What if those struggling families are depending on programs cut by T Paw; perhaps the wage earner of a struggling family is in a training program to become qualified for a better, more stable job. If that funding is cut, he won’t be able to better himself.

The last thing struggling families need is more failed trickle-down economic dogma.

Ron Paul is very weak because…

1) He can't muster a strong plurality of of Republican voters…he is doomed to failure on the National scene.

2) He has absolutely no track record for reaching compromise with fellow members of Congress…including Republicans.

3) He is an illogical and counter-productive trade isolationist and would attempt to crush free trade.

4) He is blind to the requirements of U.S. Military strength and the ongoing fight against terrorism, which continues to threaten our very being.

5) He likes to cosy up to Conspiracy Crazies who believe nonsense like 911 was an "inside job". I find it fascinating that racists and "White Pride" groups seem to love him.

Republicans can do much better than Ron Paul.

...for president 2012, and why?

So far, i'm supporting nun o. D. Above
nunemoticon.gif
for president.

Make your case.

Who's your top pick so far and why should i support him/her.

anybody but mc cain !

Still waiting. The lack of excitement in this field is killing me.

Palin is not the answer, but with the others that are in the field right now, she's the only one that will generate enthusiasm. (In my estimation, it might be enough to win the primary with this field, but not enough to win the general). The media has done a pretty decent job driving her negatives so high, a general win would be highly unlikely.

Romney. Santorum. A snore fest double header. Cain, I'm just not seeing it. I heard the former Gov of NM announce. I like a lot of what he had to say. He'd be a great senator for some state. But, he's no pres. Pawlenty -- cabinet secretary. Newt's finished now. Not that he was ever a contender.

Perry???? I don't know enough about the guy to say anything intelligent. I'd look at him for lack of anything else to look at.

One thing is for sure though, we better elect a Republican this time or the Republic is finished.
WE DO NOT LET THE MEDIA DECIDE OUR CANDIDATE !

palin can beat this man-child we have in that oval office by a land slide !

1) He can't muster a strong plurality of of Republican voters…he is doomed to failure on the National scene.

2) He has absolutely no track record for reaching compromise with fellow members of Congress…including Republicans.

3) He is an illogical and counter-productive trade isolationist and would attempt to crush free trade.

4) He is blind to the requirements of U.S. Military strength and the ongoing fight against terrorism, which continues to threaten our very being.

5) He likes to cosy up to Conspiracy Crazies who believe nonsense like 911 was an "inside job". I find it fascinating that racists and "White Pride" groups seem to love him.

OK, but I haven't seen one yet.

Palin is not the answer, but with the others that are in the field right now, she's the only one that will generate enthusiasm. (In my estimation, it might be enough to win the primary with this field, but not enough to win the general). The media has done a pretty decent job driving her negatives so high, a general win would be highly unlikely.

Romney. Santorum. A snore fest double header. Cain, I'm just not seeing it. I heard the former Gov of NM announce. I like a lot of what he had to say. He'd be a great senator for some state. But, he's no pres. Pawlenty -- cabinet secretary. Newt's finished now. Not that he was ever a contender.

Perry???? I don't know enough about the guy to say anything intelligent. I'd look at him for lack of anything else to look at.

One thing is for sure though, we better elect a Republican this time or the Republic is finished.

palin can beat this man-child we have in that oval office by a land slide !

Yes we do.

1. Maybe.

2. You mean he won't sell out his principles.

3. Ummm... Ron Paul supports completely free trade with everyone with absolutely no government restrictions.

4. No, those who think you can do whatever you want around the world without angering people are blind.

5. You mean conspiracy theorists like him. As for the racists and white pride groups, who do you think they supported in the 2008 election? My guess is that John McCain took that vote by a landslide. Does that make him a racist because racist people may have voted for him?

Never mind ‘excitement,’ you need to find qualified.

Nonsense. The Republic has survived worse.

The actual threat to the Republic is the constant attacks by the right on the rule of law in the context of uninformed and ignorant ‘interpretations’ of the Constitution, which have no basis whatsoever in constitutional case law.

Dr. Paul is very strong because:

1- He sticks to principles ;

2- He believes that defending the Constitution (1787) is more important than becoming a demopublican ;

3- He believes that defending Liberty is more important than becoming "electable"

Dr. Paul is very strong because:

1- He sticks to principles ;

2- He believes that defending the Constitution (1787) is more important than becoming a demopublican ;

3- He believes that defending Liberty is more important than becoming "electable"

Good points.

"Electable" is a propaganda thing used by the corporate media to steer people away from the candidates who are not corporate owned.

"Sure we can talk about polls, and numbers, and money. That way we don't talk about the issues that are important to the American people." ~ Dennis Kucinich

Ron Paul is an Old Old Man....to old to take the kinda stress of getting this Country on track.....and with the Far Right and Left against him....it will be Immense....

I would love to see a Ron Paul/Rand Paul ticket. That way if Ron died in office his son who I like even more than Dr Paul would take over.

The support of potential Republican candidates is underwhelming

Here is who we have

Electable candidates

Romney
Pawlenty
Perry

Lunatic Fringe

Palin
Gingrich
Bachmann
Santorum
Paul