Which professions have the most psychopaths?

And that list is based off of what exactly? it's easy to cite a book without providing an actual source in the book of where this list comes from.

You seriously dont think CEO, lawyers, salespersons, media, etc require a connection to people? That's pure BS.

Not to mention I've seen way too many nurses and teachers and the professions on the otherside who were completely heartless.

To be fair, most politicians are lawyers, and all the current presidents of the United States are lawyers.

All of them? How many presidents are there? Did I miss something?

:lol:

we have 4 living Presidents right now.

There are Five men living who are/were President. Only two of them were lawyers.

1) Carter - Navy & Farming before getting into politics
2) Bush 1 - Business
3) Clinton - Lawyer
4) Bush 2 - Business
5) Obama - Lawyer

OP- It's the party DUH LOL...LAWYERS WHO BECOME PRESIDENT GIVE UP LAWYERING MUCH BEFORE...

Obama isn't licensed anymore?

I know Clinton only lost his license because of his illegal activity in the White House.

BTW thank you for making me a million dollars today.

And that list is based off of what exactly? it's easy to cite a book without providing an actual source in the book of where this list comes from.

You seriously dont think CEO, lawyers, salespersons, media, etc require a connection to people? That's pure BS.

Not to mention I've seen way too many nurses and teachers and the professions on the otherside who were completely heartless.

I don't think that really addresses the characteristics of pyschopathy. As someone who has a history both in working with children and in the health care field, I've learned that both professions require a certain separation from the tasks at hand. I've also learned that enough time in these professions can lead a person to become too detached despite maintaining a heartfelt desire to help. In other words, some people are truly devoted to the cause, but have become burnt out and no longer have a good idea of how to reach the end point while maintaining the compassion they had in times past.

There is a difference between a nurse or teacher who is burnt out, and is less effective in their job as a result, and a lawyer or CEO who find the most fertile soil for their duties when they lose or abandon compassion and empathy.

If droning on with the babble makes you feel important have at it swim. I could care less about your feelings either way.

Wouldn't life be so much better if we could hate and kill those we disagree with?

Happens all the time.

Wouldn't life be so much better if we could hate and kill those we disagree with?

GLAAD certainly agrees with you on that one. If they can't kill you they will take your livelihood so you will starve.

Sadly, being a nurse and having taught in a nursing school, I have to agree on that one. The state education system makes it impossible to keep those who would be just patently mean to their patients out of the profession. It's all about grades. Pass your classes, pass boards, you're a nurse. But if you encounter one who is mean, you should pursue it. Private schools have a little more leeway to deal with them. When I go to the hospital I ALWAYS want to know where my nurse went to school. Always.

I would qualify that by saying that sometimes the things we have to do make us seem mean when we are just doing what has to be done to get you back on your feet.

Forum List

Back