Which One Of This Year's Rookie QBs Will Have The Best Career?

Discussion in 'Sports' started by TruthSeeker56, Dec 31, 2012.

1. TruthSeeker56

TruthSeeker56 Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +496
    I have watched Robert Griffin III, Andrew Luck, Russell Wilson, Ryan Tannehill, Brandon Weeden, Nick Foles, and even last year's crop (Cam Newton, Andy Dalton, Blaine Gabbert, Christian Ponder, Jake Locker, etc.), and I have to wonder which of these quarterbacks will have the longest and most productive careers.

I am always reminded of the Michael Vick/Randall Cunningham type of quarterbacks, and of the Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Joe Montana, Dan Marino type of quarterbacks.

RG III and Cam Newton and Russell Wilson are Michael Vick/Randall Cunningham prototypes.

Andrew Luck, Andy Dalton, Nick Foles, and most of the others, are the prototypical drop-back passers, even though Andy Dalton, Andrew Luck, and a few others are quite mobile.

After watching this year's excellent crop all play, there is NO DOUBT in my mind that Andrew Luck is the BEST of them all.

Andrew Luck is the ONLY rookie or 2nd year quarterback that I have seen, who carries himself like a VETERAN quarterback. He is so polished, it's scary. You would never know he is a rookie. He has all the tools, all the physical skills, and the football "smarts" to be an impact quarterback in the same mold as Tom Brady and Peyton Manning.

I like RG III and his entertainment value, but his longevity is in question because of the TYPE of quarterback he is.

Andrew Luck deserved to go to the Pro Bowl ahead of RG III. I honestly believe that the fact that RG III got a lot more hype and exposure in a much larger media market, and he is a BLACK quarterback, is the only reason why he was selected over Luck. The same criteria applied with Cam Newton last season.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2012
  2. rightwinger

rightwinger Paid Messageboard Poster Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +45,448
    Luck will have a better career because of longevity

RGIII deserved the probowl because he has had a greater impact on total offense. I doubt if he will go anyway

3. HUGGY

HUGGY I Post Because I Care Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,285
    There is no way Luck could have pulled off what Wilson did to SF two weeks ago or racked up two 50 plus point games like Wilson did the Previous two Sundays. If he could he would have. The Colts play some weak teams just like the Seahawks do as well as every NFL team. The Seahawks are the only team to do it like that since the 1940's.

The fact that Luck is a turn over machine will keep him out of a Super Bowl. You can't play catch up to win for your own Boo-boo's with the elite teams.

4. TruthSeeker56

TruthSeeker56 Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +496
    Did Wilson enter this season playing for a team that won TWO games in 2011, and did Wilson start this season with a bunch of untested and unknown players on both offense and defense? Coming into this season, the Colts were one of those "weak" teams.

I find it interesting that you seem to give all the credit for Seattle's success to Wilson. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the Seahawks have a few dozen other players who have also contributed greatly to their success this year.

5. Desperado

Desperado Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,840
    Which One Of This Year's Rookie QBs Will Have The Best Career?
    Without a shadow of a doubt:
    Andrew Luck

6. Rocko

Rocko Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,937
    I agree. I think Luck may be the next Peyton Maning.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2013
  7. Dont Taz Me Bro

Dont Taz Me Bro USMB Mod Staff Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17,534
    Andrew Luck

8. HUGGY

HUGGY I Post Because I Care Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,285
    Tell it to the hand. Only an idiot would believe that a team would go from one of the best in the league with Manning to the very next year a two fer and just MIRACULOUSLY make the playoffs the next year with your savior Lucky boy. Youy might be able to convence some stooge that you has a legitimate 2 win team... BULLSHIT!! You were 2 and whatever SO you could get Lucky Boi.

You can't manufacture wins....but you sure CAN manufacture losses.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2012
  9. Montrovant

Montrovant Fuzzy bears!

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,378
    Ironic, considering how you seem to have been making it sound like Wilson has manufactured wins. :tongue:

The Colts were built around Manning. The defense was all about speed, so that when the offense got a lead, they could go after the qb. Hell, in their SB year, they were the worst rushing defense ever in the regular season, but somehow were able to get it together for the playoff run.

Wilson is a very good qb, but he has a much better team around him than Luck. Seattle looked like they could be a playoff team before Wilson was ever named the starter.

Wilson may be the better qb, but I find it ridiculous that you think the Colts intentionally tanked the season. I could see someone in management wanting to do it, maybe, but for the whole organization to go along with it I just can't swallow.

10. bobcollum

bobcollum BANNED

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,003
    Luck.

I seriously think he's going to be a big numbers kind of QB, from a passing perspective.