Which One Of This Year's Rookie QBs Will Have The Best Career?

YA Tittle? damn...you are old

I grew up very close to Kezar, at nine years old I'd go to games (cost to get in .50 cents) and watch Y.A. toss the Alley Opp to R.C.; watch Joe Perry, Hugh McElhenny, Joe Arneas, run the ball and at games end pick up cushions and get a nickle for each. Sometimes I'd go home with several dollars. Yep, I'm that old. BTW, Hugh McElhenney was a great back for the Huskies.

So, Redskins at home. What's your prediction?

So did this guy...

View attachment 23456

The "Scorpio Killer" in Dirty Harry! :eek:

So, the Hawks bus will be hijacked and held for ransom? That sucks.

I must admit I was at the Niner game yesterday and watched the scoreboard. Happy to see the Pack get beat by the Vikings and sad to admit I rooted for the lambs. Beat LA is in my blood; even if LA is now in St. Louis (a town I spent a week in one night). I do like Seattle and in particular Whidbey Island. On are last trip north we camped near Deception Pass 'cause we had done that on our Honeymoon in 1975. Mrs. Catcher fell in love with Sidney on Vancover Island, ever been there?

First of all, I am not a Colts fan. I am a Patriots fan. But I am objective, and I am not a homer like you are.

Secondly, you obviously know NOTHING about the turnover in personnel the Colts had between last season and this season. Going into this season, I honestly had the Colts as winning 3 or 4 games, and I am certainly not alone in that belief.

Stay in your own lane. Stick with the Seahawks and the king of NCAA violations that coaches the Seahawks.

obviously :lol:

I am aware that the Seahawks are one if not the youngest team in the nfl. All this talk about Seattle being this great team that had their ticket punched for the playoffs since spring training is nonsense. NOBODY in Seattle expected this much success...NOBODY.

Now that we have a few games under our belt and a few incredible blow outs we NOW know what we have and we feel very fortunate to having this many young players playing at such a high level. No matter how we do in the playoffs any talk of how the Seahawks are in a great position to advance into next seasons leaders is well founded.

But people probably expected some success; they were close last year with Tavaris Jackson, ffs! It wouldn't require a great qb to improve on that. :tongue:

Wilson has been an unexpected boon for the Seahawks, but he has not had to carry the team. With that defense and Lynch churning out the yards, he's had less of a 'thrown into the fire' kind of season than Luck.

That doesn't make Luck better, but the Colts have certainly had a larger margin of improvement.

The only difference I see is Luck and RG3 had a larger margin of press clippings and a huge head start in pre-season preparation.

Wilson was not brought in by cherubs tossing rose petals all over the place. He did it the old fashioned way as they say.."he earned it".

Luck knew the day of the draft what to prepare for. Every snap since Spring training went to him. Wilson didn't even get first string status till just before the first regular game. Luck and the Colts had a hell of an advantage. There is no telling how good a season the Seahawks could have had if Wilson was given all the attention from the first day of 2012's pre-season preparation. Maybe we could have won allour home games! Scratch that...we did win all our home games... :lol:

Tell it to the hand. Only an idiot would believe that a team would go from one of the best in the league with Manning to the very next year a two fer and just MIRACULOUSLY make the playoffs the next year with your savior Lucky boy. Youy might be able to convence some stooge that you has a legitimate 2 win team... BULLSHIT!! You were 2 and whatever SO you could get Lucky Boi.

You can't manufacture wins....but you sure CAN manufacture losses.

First of all, I am not a Colts fan. I am a Patriots fan. But I am objective, and I am not a homer like you are.

Secondly, you obviously know NOTHING about the turnover in personnel the Colts had between last season and this season. Going into this season, I honestly had the Colts as winning 3 or 4 games, and I am certainly not alone in that belief.

Stay in your own lane. Stick with the Seahawks and the king of NCAA violations that coaches the Seahawks.

obviously :lol:

I am aware that the Seahawks are one if not the youngest team in the nfl. All this talk about Seattle being this great team that had their ticket punched for the playoffs since spring training is nonsense. NOBODY in Seattle expected this much success...NOBODY.

Now that we have a few games under our belt and a few incredible blow outs we NOW know what we have and we feel very fortunate to having this many young players playing at such a high level. No matter how we do in the playoffs any talk of how the Seahawks are in a great position to advance into next seasons leaders is well founded.

I had the Hawks either 8-8 or 9-7. I had the Skins at 7-9 or 8-8. I had the Colts at 4-12 or 5-11. Most experts put Seattle second in their division, I had them third. The Colts I had last, Luck had a lesser team than Seattle. No way were the Colts to finish this well. Luck has been asked to pass more, to throw longer strikes, than RG3 or Wilson, both of them are in very controlled, short passing games, with a run thrown in there.

I'll take Luck, I think he'll last longer than the other two.

I grew up very close to Kezar, at nine years old I'd go to games (cost to get in .50 cents) and watch Y.A. toss the Alley Opp to R.C.; watch Joe Perry, Hugh McElhenny, Joe Arneas, run the ball and at games end pick up cushions and get a nickle for each. Sometimes I'd go home with several dollars. Yep, I'm that old. BTW, Hugh McElhenney was a great back for the Huskies.

So did this guy...

View attachment 23456

The "Scorpio Killer" in Dirty Harry! :eek:

So, the Hawks bus will be hijacked and held for ransom? That sucks.

I must admit I was at the Niner game yesterday and watched the scoreboard. Happy to see the Pack get beat by the Vikings and sad to admit I rooted for the lambs. Beat LA is in my blood; even if LA is now in St. Louis (a town I spent a week in one night). I do like Seattle and in particular Whidbey Island. On are last trip north we camped near Deception Pass 'cause we had done that on our Honeymoon in 1975. Mrs. Catcher fell in love with Sidney on Vancover Island, ever been there?

Been to Victoria many times which is near Sydney. I grew up on Orcas Island in the American San Juans. Just a short ferry ride to Vancouver Island.. Orcas is actually further North than Sydney or Victoria. Ya ..one would have to say I am VERY familiar with the area. In the Summer there is no more beautiful place on this earth.

I think you missed one by not noting Colin Kaepernick. The guy is a machine. If he isn't hurt I think he's got all the tools to be one of the greatest. Keep in mind I've been a Niner Season Ticket holder since John Brodie and watched Y.A., Joe, Steve and Jeff Garcia.

I remember Y A Tittle with the Giants but I was only seven.

Still not sold by Seattle on the road......I'll take the Skins

Was Y A bald when you were 7? :lol: Or did he still have a few strands left? :lol:

I don't believe at this time that the Seahawks care if it is a road or home game or not. The players are all young and they have only lived in Seattle a short time. They are from all over the country. The only thing they have for sure is their families and the team. Their team leader believe it or not is Wilson. A ROOKIE !! A THIRD ROUND ROOKIE !! He has earned more than just the starting QB position. They have "The Beast" who just a couple of years ago was just another RB called Marshawn Lynch in Buffalo. In his own way Lynch is also a sort of team leader. Okuong our much heralded left guard first rounder has been on the team 4-5 years but has been injured at least two-3 years for the most part. He always seemed like a dissappointment but this year has played like a wild man..blocking some of the best defenders all the way out of bounds...pancaking many.

The Seahawks haven't lost a road game this year by more than a touchdown. With the lowest scored upon defense in the NFL. What does that tell you? It tells you that the defense has performed well at home AND away. It was the offense that underperformend on the 5 away losses. Three away losses could easily have been won for just a handfull of dropped passes. The games were really THAT close. Just think about it...If our recievers hadn't fell down... let a few perfect passes slip through their hands .. the Seahawks would be 14 and 2 ... 6 and 2 on the road and there would be none of this talk of "the Seahawks can't win on the road".

Well... the Hawks ARE catching almost every pass now.

Last edited:

Was Y A bald when you were 7? :lol: Or did he still have a few strands left? :lol:

I don't believe at this time that the Seahawks care if it is a road or home game or not. The players are all young and they have only lived in Seattle a short time. They are from all over the country. The only thing they have for sure is their families and the team. Their team leader believe it or not is Wilson. A ROOKIE !! A THIRD ROUND ROOKIE !! He has earned more than just the starting QB position. They have "The Beast" who just a couple of years ago was just another RB called Marshawn Lynch in Buffalo. In his own way Lynch is also a sort of team leader. Okuong our much heralded left guard first rounder has been on the team 4-5 years but has been injured at least two-3 years for the most part. He always seemed like a dissappointment but this year has played like a wild man..blocking some of the best defenders all the way out of bounds...pancaking many.

The Seahawks haven't lost a road game this year by more than a touchdown. With the lowest scored upon defense in the NFL. What does that tell you? It tells you that the defense has performed well at home AND away. It was the offense that underperformend on the 5 away losses. Three away losses could easily have been won for just a handfull of dropped passes. The games were really THAT close. Just think about it...If our recievers hadn't fell down... let a few perfect passes slip through their hands .. the Seahawks would be 14 and 2 ... 6 and 2 on the road and there would be none of this talk of "the Seahawks can't win on the road".

I think Y A was bald when HE was seven

We shall see how Seattle performs as road dogs. They will have to win four of them

Giants did it twice. Can Seattle pull it off?

We shall see how Seattle performs as road dogs. They will have to win four of them

If they do or don't I doubt it will be because of where the games are held. These guys are laser focused and we have no prima donnas on the team. I do know they love their QB and will do everything they can to make him look good this Sunday.

If they do or don't I doubt it will be because of where the games are held. These guys are laser focused and we have no prima donnas on the team. I do know they love their QB and will do everything they can to make him look good this Sunday.

Skins don't ?

Skins don't ?

I'm sure they do but that won't put points on the scoreboard or take any off when the Seahawks make it into the endzone.

What I do see from watching Redskins video clips is sloppy play by defenders allowing the Skins recievers getting open because of blown coverages. I see RG3 getting 10 yards a clip on poor contain. This will be the first time Washigton has to play a team that has a QB that does what he does only better. Over the last eight games Wilson has a QB rating of 120.. RG3 around 100. RG3 is a scosh faster in the combine 40 than Wison but he is recovering from a knee injury with a leg brace on. THe Seahawks as the Redskins practice against the "read option" every day. RG3 will NOT get 10 yards a scamper against the Seahawks. We have wicked speed at the corners and Brandon Bowner is back off his 4 game "timeout" for ADD medication. He has fresh legs and blinding closing speed. It wouldn't surprise me if he is RG3's spy in our game. If we can contain RG3 behind the LOS and preasure him into making unwise throws our league leading interceptionmachine will eat him up and score a pic 6 or two.

Conversely Wash has seen what the read option QB can do. The only way to stop Wilson when he gets past the first guy is to have EVERY reciever covered like a glove. If there is the slightest opening he can get the ball where only a Seahawk can catch it.

I don't believe the Redskins have the speed and experience at DB to prevent Seattle's passing game.. Oh ya..and there is always "The Beast" to keep things honest. He isn't Adrian Peterson but in the NFL he is the very next best thing.

It should be a high scoring game... for somebody.. :lol:

Last edited:
HUGGY is talking some serious shit!

I for one can't wait for that game, it should be fantastic.

I know I shouldn't complain, but sometimes it sucks when your team gets a bye, I have to go two weeks without seeing them play. :tongue:

I know I shouldn't complain, but sometimes it sucks when your team gets a bye, I have to go two weeks without seeing them play. :tongue:

I never liked resting starters or the bye week. I always liked my team to keep up a winning rhythm.

I never liked resting starters or the bye week. I always liked my team to keep up a winning rhythm.

I'm definitely against resting starters, has that ever worked out well for anyone?

The bye is different, but it depends on what it does to an individual team. From what I've seen the Pats haven't come out flat after a bye, but that's always a possibility for any team.

One extreme positive about it for me, is Gronk gets another week to heal that arm of his. NE's SB hopes rest on his ridiculously large frame.

I'm definitely against resting starters, has that ever worked out well for anyone?

The bye is different, but it depends on what it does to an individual team. From what I've seen the Pats haven't come out flat after a bye, but that's always a possibility for any team.

One extreme positive about it for me, is Gronk gets another week to heal that arm of his. NE's SB hopes rest on his ridiculously large frame.

No question that a bye let's players get healthy

It can also cool off a hot team. Teams with a first round bye usually win the next game. But I think it is because they are the best teams

The first meeting of the heralded RG3 and the up and coming Russell Wilson both in the conversation for ROY ???

Are you kidding me ???

The viewer ratings will go through the roof !!!

The first meeting of the heralded RG3 and the up and coming Russell Wilson both in the conversation for ROY ???

Are you kidding me ???

The viewer ratings will go through the roof !!!

If the Dallas v Washington ratings were any indicator(30 million viewers), then yes, you're quite right.

I'm looking forward to the Hawks coming to the stick in two weeks. The Hawks proved they can play D very well with their loud fan base at home in a driving rain, we'll see who comes out on top in the rubber match should the Hawks beat the skins this weekend.

Forum List

Back