Which NFL players are your all-time favorites?

Joe Cool and the Nigerian Nightmare 1596892705749.png 1596892562117.png

Yeah same here.I would actually say it’s a tie between Montana and Dickerson as my favorite player because Dickerson had a very short career.once that evil bitch woman owner of the rams traded him he was never the same player again after leaving the Rams having to play behind crappy offensive lines for the other teams he ended up on

It was too bad there was never something to be worked out so that he could have gone to the team he wanted to the broncos back then.can you imagine how even greater a running back he would have been had he gone to that team finally playing for a team that had a quarterback in John Elway one of the greats to be playing next to?

Man he would had at least three Super Bowl appearances he could have added on to his hall of fame career and there would have been no argument that he was the greatest in this era had HE been the running back on those super bowl teams back then.

Montana played a much longer career than Dickerson did so I tried never missing a forty niners game when they were on Monday night football after Dickerson left the Rams.Because of Montana,the niners became my second favorite team growing up. When Dickerson WAS. With the Rams,those were the most exciting games and most exciting times for me when the Niners and Rams would always square off against each other on monday night football.i never missed those matchups. The whole entire week I would be counting down the days to see joe Montana and the San Francisco forty niners square off against Eric Dickerson and the Los Angeles Rams. Those were the most exciting times for me in the NFL football era.

Yeah same here.I would actually say it’s a tie between Montana and Dickerson as my favorite player because Dickerson had a very short career.once that evil bitch woman owner of the rams traded him he was never the same player again after leaving the Rams having to play behind crappy offensive lines for the other teams he ended up on

It was too bad there was never something to be worked out so that he could have gone to the team he wanted to the broncos back then.can you imagine how even greater a running back he would have been had he gone to that team finally playing for a team that had a quarterback in John Elway one of the greats to be playing next to?

Man he would had at least three Super Bowl appearances he could have added on to his hall of fame career and there would have been no argument that he was the greatest in this era had HE been the running back on those super bowl teams back then.

Montana played a much longer career than Dickerson did so I tried never missing a forty niners game when they were on Monday night football after Dickerson left the Rams.Because of Montana,the niners became my second favorite team growing up. When Dickerson WAS. With the Rams,those were the most exciting games and most exciting times for me when the Niners and Rams would always square off against each other on monday night football.i never missed those matchups. The whole entire week I would be counting down the days to see joe Montana and the San Francisco forty niners square off against Eric Dickerson and the Los Angeles Rams. Those were the most exciting times for me in the NFL football era.
Nice post, thanks.

Mine is Walter Payton, he's responsible for me becoming a true Bears fan. I had rooted for the Bears as a kid for a few seasons before Walter started playing, but wasn't a real fan yet. Mr. Payton changed that. He was a treat to watch. He was extremely strong, very quick, and a fierce competitor. He sat out just ONE game during his 13 year career. We'll most likely never see another running back like him again. So who are some of YOUR favorites?
Yeah he was one of my favorites as well.him and Dickerson were good friends.I vividly remember Dickerson and the Rams facing Walter Payton and the Bears in the NFC title game,what a treat that was.

That was such a sad moment for the country when he died at such an early age.

Mine is Walter Payton, he's responsible for me becoming a true Bears fan. I had rooted for the Bears as a kid for a few seasons before Walter started playing, but wasn't a real fan yet. Mr. Payton changed that. He was a treat to watch. He was extremely strong, very quick, and a fierce competitor. He sat out just ONE game during his 13 year career. We'll most likely never see another running back like him again. So who are some of YOUR favorites?

Art Monk, Walter Payton, Daryl Green, John Riggins.

Last edited:
Dan Fouts
Chuck Muncie
Kellen Winslow Sr.
Tony Dorsett
Doug Cosbie
Drew Pearson
Eric Dickerson
Curt Warner (Running Back)
Great group of players.Fouts was one of my favorite players as well,A total class act the fact he made it welll known he hated spanos for moving the chargers to LA. I loved him for publicly saying Don’t you EVER call me a Los Angeles Charger.I will never be anything other than a SAN DIEGO Charger. Well spoken,what a patriot.

Randa
Easy question.
There are great players... outstanding players... and then there are those who literally change how the game is played

Oh and dig the 91-yard punt at 5:17

Randall was worth the price of a ticket by himself. He is in a category of the most exciting players. The crowd would gasp at some of his plays.

I put Cunningham in the same category as Mike Vick. Super ,running, passing QBs who were the best at their position at their peaks.

I can't say for sure with Cunningham, because it's been so long, but I certainly don't think Vick was ever the best at his position. Near the top at his best, but I don't think there was a year when Vick was the best QB in the league.

His year with the eagles he was in the running for MVP. Now there was a time before the dogs where he was rising to the top. And we probably should not forget Steve Young. He could do all that too.

Steve young was also one of my favorites to watch along with John elway.Same with terry Bradshaw and the steel curtain.that team had some great players,Franco harris,jack lamb,mean joe green,rocky blier,Mike Webster,and Lynn Swann.

Last edited:
Derrick Thomas. One of the best linebackers ever to play. Was almost unblockable. He set a record for sacks in a single game with 7 against Seattle. He set the single season record for sack in 1988 with 27. 30+ years later the record still stands.
Being a lifetime Chiefs fan, you'll get no argument from me. But when you talk about Chief linebackers it begins with Bobby Bell and Willie Lanier.

Man you are so lucky having the chance to watch the old chiefs the fun bunch that was fun to watch,I never got to watch that great bunch growing up,here in Kansas City,I wasn’t around until AFTER Dawson retired so I only got to see the really crappy chiefs teams befotre they finally got good Again when Derrick Thomas came along and defined the position of linebacker. By that time I had no interest in the chiefs when they got good again because I was a Rams fan and was not about to switch and have them become my team just because they got good again. The ONLY time in my life I ever liked the chiefs growing up here in kc was the two years when Joe Montana was here,I HAD to become a chiefs fan then him being my favorite QB of all time.

all of the ones who stand for the anthem

I love all the old running backs. Walter Payton was amazing, and with so little surrounding him. Earl Campbell was a beast!!

Which is why I am also a fan of Derrick Henry. The man can go head to head with defenses, and if he break through he outruns all but the fastest safeties.

And that stiffarm of his? Devastating.
Derrick joins a list with 7 other guys who rushed for over 2000 yards.

I love all the old running backs. Walter Payton was amazing, and with so little surrounding him. Earl Campbell was a beast!!

Which is why I am also a fan of Derrick Henry. The man can go head to head with defenses, and if he break through he outruns all but the fastest safeties.

And that stiffarm of his? Devastating.
Derrick joins a list with 7 other guys who rushed for over 2000 yards.

King Henry has been kicking ass!

Last edited:
Barry Sanders was the most exciting player to ever step on an NFL field. Look at the Youtube videos, nobody was better.

Bo Jackson was another
Worth tuning in just to see what he would do

Forum List

Back