Which NFL players are your all-time favorites?

Joe Montana ... my body aches for a womb so I can bear his children ...
He was the ultimate Joe Cool.

That one is easy as pie for me.Does it surprise anybody in the least with my user name that mine is nine other than Eric Dickerson.He was a one man offense And wrecking show when he was with the Los Angeles Rams because he never played in an offense that had A quarterback so thst makes it all the more impressive he set the all time single season rushing record that has still never been broken sense then.He is arguably the greatest running back to Ever play the game,that’s kinda being biased I have to admit saying ever but sense Jim Brown was probably best ever,I don’t think it is biased though saying If he was the newer generations best though of running g backs.

I love all the old running backs. Walter Payton was amazing, and with so little surrounding him. Earl Campbell was a beast!!

Which is why I am also a fan of Derrick Henry. The man can go head to head with defenses, and if he break through he outruns all but the fastest safeties.

And that stiffarm of his? Devastating.
Yes Henry is a bad man. But my Chiefs had something for that ass. But let's not forget about Adrian Peterson. He is an all time great.
Peterson had me worried There for a while biting my nails that he would break my man Dickersons record that one year he came up like 200 yards short.The last game of the season I was so relieved.Dickerson of course will never publicly admit that,but you just know he was thinking the same thing as well.lol

That one is easy as pie for me.Does it surprise anybody in the least with my user name that mine is nine other than Eric Dickerson.He was a one man offense And wrecking show when he was with the Los Angeles Rams because he never played in an offense that had A quarterback so thst makes it all the more impressive he set the all time single season rushing record that has still never been broken sense then.He is arguably the greatest running back to Ever play the game,that’s kinda being biased I have to admit saying ever but sense Jim Brown was probably best ever,I don’t think it is biased though saying If he was the newer generations best though of running g backs.
Earl Campbell. He had less than Dickerson and I would rather try tackling Dickerson than Campbell. And that's said will full respect because Dickerson was no joke.

Earl Campbell. He had less than Dickerson and I would rather try tackling Dickerson than Campbell. And that's said will full respect because Dickerson was no joke.
That’s true. Campbell was a load and he loved contact.

Dickerson is a fine pick, he was one heck of a running back. He had size AND quickness, that's a big reason why he was such a great player.

Earl Campbell WAS a beast. And he was unexpectedly quick for his size. Just a great running back, nice pick.

I love all the old running backs. Walter Payton was amazing, and with so little surrounding him. Earl Campbell was a beast!!

Which is why I am also a fan of Derrick Henry. The man can go head to head with defenses, and if he break through he outruns all but the fastest safeties.

And that stiffarm of his? Devastating.
Yes Henry is a bad man. But my Chiefs had something for that ass. But let's not forget about Adrian Peterson. He is an all time great.
Peterson had me worried There for a while biting my nails that he would break my man Dickersons record that one year he came up like 200 yards short.The last game of the season I was so relieved.Dickerson of course will never publicly admit that,but you just know he was thinking the same thing as well.lol
That WAS awful close, wasn't it?

Awful, awful, awful memories of Eric Dickerson ... just hideous what he did to defenses ... [whimper] ...

I am in no position to debate that one on you sense because growing up the Rams were my team that I watched all the time which was limited back then of course sense the NFL network and none of that existed So I was only given the choice of watching the chiefs on my local network which I never did the fact that I only knew them after the Dawson years so they were a joke to watch in only got to watch them on Monday Night football my rams and sense they were not in the same conference as the oilers never had the chance to watch Earl except for maybe once or twice in my life when they played the rams once and when I actually watched the chiefs once when I was little,the rare time I watched one of the chiefs games,they DID play the oilers that rare time I watched them so I saw the oilers once play them sense my older brother did watch the chiefs each Sunday. Lol.so that’s cool to hear that from someone who DID get the chance to watch Earl,

I remember hearing over the years back then how great he was. He did not have his name autographed on footballs across the country everywhere back in the eightys as I remember for no reason obviously,they don’t do that for just any mere GOOD player after all.lol

Last edited:

I am in no position to debate that one on you sense because growing up the Rams were my team that I watched all the time which was limited back then of course sense the NFL network and none of that existed So I was only given the choice of watching the chiefs on my local network which I never did the fact that I only knew them after the Dawson years so they were a joke to watch in only got to watch them on Monday Night football my rams and sense they were not in the same conference as the oilers never had the chance to watch Earl so that’s cool to hear that from someone who DID get the chance to watch Earl,

I remember hearing over the years back then how great he was. He did not have his name autographed on footballs across the country everywhere back in the eightys as I remember for no reason obviously,they don’t do that for just any mere GOOD player after all.lol

:cool: :up:

Derrick Thomas. One of the best linebackers ever to play. Was almost unblockable. He set a record for sacks in a single game with 7 against Seattle. He set the single season record for sack in 1988 with 27. 30+ years later the record still stands.
Being a lifetime Chiefs fan, you'll get no argument from me. But when you talk about Chief linebackers it begins with Bobby Bell and Willie Lanier.

O J Simpson was before......well you know.

OJ was a great running back, but no Walter Payton, Earl Campbell or Barry Sanders. And one back we forget in all this is Eric Dickerson.

Jim Brown (From what I saw--and you only really see highlights) was incredible. Frank Gifford said that Brown was the only opposing player that he would watch during a game.

No doubt Brown was great, but imo he was not better than Payton or Sanders. But if you make a Mt. Rushmore of running backs, he on the mountain.

Jim Brown was the most dominant RB of his time. Payton was great, but he played at the same time as OJ Simpson, Earl Campbell...Sanders played at the same time as Emmett Smith...who played when Jim Brown did that was a great RB? Brown was the leading rusher in 8 of his 9 years. When compared to his contemporaries, I don't think any RB since has been as good as Brown. Again, though, it's so hard to compare. Different eras of the game.

I agree, but there were other backs in the 60's such as Sayers, Horning, Taylor, Mitchell, etc. but Brown was the best one. Payton was the best of his era and if Sanders had the line Smith did, he would have run for 20,000 yards. Again I think we need to add Eric Dickerson and probably should not ignore Franco Harris.

OJ

OJ was great but he was no Earl or Payton.

Better than Earl, not as good as Walter Payton
OJ played at the same time as Campbell and was considered the better back.

Not to me. As a safety, I would rather meet OJ in the open field than Campbell.

No question
OJ would juke around you, Earl would bowl you over

Another great one.....Bo Jackson

Bo was no joke either. But he just didn't play long enough for me to put him up there with Brown, Payton, Campbell, Sanders, etc. If he had, there is little doubt imo he would be one of the greats. .

O J Simpson was before......well you know.

OJ was a great running back, but no Walter Payton, Earl Campbell or Barry Sanders. And one back we forget in all this is Eric Dickerson.

Jim Brown (From what I saw--and you only really see highlights) was incredible. Frank Gifford said that Brown was the only opposing player that he would watch during a game.

No doubt Brown was great, but imo he was not better than Payton or Sanders. But if you make a Mt. Rushmore of running backs, he on the mountain.

Jim Brown was the most dominant RB of his time. Payton was great, but he played at the same time as OJ Simpson, Earl Campbell...Sanders played at the same time as Emmett Smith...who played when Jim Brown did that was a great RB? Brown was the leading rusher in 8 of his 9 years. When compared to his contemporaries, I don't think any RB since has been as good as Brown. Again, though, it's so hard to compare. Different eras of the game.

I agree, but there were other backs in the 60's such as Sayers, Horning, Taylor, Mitchell, etc. but Brown was the best one. Payton was the best of his era and if Sanders had the line Smith did, he would have run for 20,000 yards. Again I think we need to add Eric Dickerson and probably should not ignore Franco Harris.

OJ

OJ was great but he was no Earl or Payton.

Better than Earl, not as good as Walter Payton
OJ played at the same time as Campbell and was considered the better back.

Not to me. As a safety, I would rather meet OJ in the open field than Campbell.

No question
OJ would juke around you, Earl would bowl you over

Another great one.....Bo Jackson

Bo was no joke either. But he just didn't play long enough for me to put him up there with Brown, Payton, Campbell, Sanders, etc. If he had, there is little doubt imo he would be one of the greats. .

Bo used to miss the first five games of the season while he played Baseball. When he came back, he was spectacular.

Sad that injury ruined his career

Being that I am a Royals fan, I wished he had stuck with baseball.

Awful, awful, awful memories of Eric Dickerson ... just hideous what he did to defenses ... [whimper] ...
Bo could have been one of the greatest ever had he not been an idiot and just stuck to football,Dionsanders got smart and realized you can’t play two sports and be great at the same time so he got wise and devoted himself entirely to football as bi should have done,had he done so he never would have got hurt and would not have left so early from the game.

I was too young to have the priveledge of watching those players when the chiefs were good.i wasn’t around till after Dawson retired so growing up,here in kc,I always had to watch them when they sucked which was most of the seventys and eightys so I seldom ever watched them.

Cool to see ANOTHER Royals fan who got to watch these great Royals teams from the seventys and eightys.do you got an autograph from George Brett? Got mine about five years ago from him,same day I got one from Lenny the cool.

Last edited:

I am in no position to debate that one on you sense because growing up the Rams were my team that I watched all the time which was limited back then of course sense the NFL network and none of that existed So I was only given the choice of watching the chiefs on my local network which I never did the fact that I only knew them after the Dawson years so they were a joke to watch in only got to watch them on Monday Night football my rams and sense they were not in the same conference as the oilers never had the chance to watch Earl so that’s cool to hear that from someone who DID get the chance to watch Earl,

For some stupid reason it says video is not available,I so much hate YouTube.

For some stupid reason it says video is not available,I so much hate YouTube.

Press the link on it(that says watch on youtube) and it goes to youtube on a new tab

Dickerson is a fine pick, he was one heck of a running back. He had size AND quickness, that's a big reason why he was such a great player.

Barry Sanders was, as far as I'm concerned, the best running back ever.

The guy broke more ankles than a mafia enforcer...

Barry Sanders was, as far as I'm concerned, the best running back ever.

The guy broke more ankles than a mafia enforcer...
He WAS a great running back. It's too bad he retired when he did, I thought he had at least a couple more good seasons in him.

Forum List

Back