Which historical figure would you compare to Newt?

Newt has compared himself to Ronald Reagan, Margaret Thatcher, Abraham Lincoln, Woodrow Wilson, Henry Clay, Charles De Gaulle, William Wallace, Pericles, the Duke Of Wellington, Thomas Edison, Vince Lombardi, The Wright Brothers, Moses, etc.

Who would you compare Newt to?

Most recently he has reminded me of Napoleon and of Edward, Duke of Windsor, husband of Wallis Simpson.

Maximilien Robespierre.

Newt has compared himself to Ronald Reagan, Margaret Thatcher, Abraham Lincoln, Woodrow Wilson, Henry Clay, Charles De Gaulle, William Wallace, Pericles, the Duke Of Wellington, Thomas Edison, Vince Lombardi, The Wright Brothers, Moses, etc.

Most recently he has reminded me of Napoleon and of Edward, Duke of Windsor, husband of Wallis Simpson.

Walter Mitty.

That's who I was thinking of.

well since we know little of the personal lives of historic figures I'll go with what would be known about him in history.

He would be Brute' as in "Et tu Brute'? Et tu."

A trusted adviser that will stab you in the back for more power.

Except Marcus Junius Brutus wasn't a "trusted advisor".

He was part of the faction that fought for Caesar's enemy, Pompey. Caesar pardoned him and many of the other leaders who survived from the Pompiean faction because Pompey was still a beloved figure. (It was also believed that Brutus might have been Caesar's illegitimate son, because he was schtupping Brutus' mother.)

Members of this faction saw Caesar was attempting to establish a dictatorship for life and assassinated him. And at least initially, that was a popular move. Ultimately, the assassins were defeated by Mark Antony and Octavian Caesar, who then proceeded to fight amongst themselves.

Ultimately leaving the Roman Republic dead and replaced with a permanent dictatorship of the Caesars. Which mostly worked out except when they got the occassional whackjob like Caligula in there.

Oliver Cromwell.

Would that make Romney Charles I, or Obama.

I could go with either.

well since we know little of the personal lives of historic figures I'll go with what would be known about him in history.

He was part of the faction that fought for Caesar's enemy, Pompey. Caesar pardoned him and many of the other leaders who survived from the Pompiean faction because Pompey was still a beloved figure. (It was also believed that Brutus might have been Caesar's illegitimate son, because he was schtupping Brutus' mother.)

Members of this faction saw Caesar was attempting to establish a dictatorship for life and assassinated him. And at least initially, that was a popular move. Ultimately, the assassins were defeated by Mark Antony and Octavian Caesar, who then proceeded to fight amongst themselves.

Ultimately leaving the Roman Republic dead and replaced with a permanent dictatorship of the Caesars. Which mostly worked out except when they got the occassional whackjob like Caligula in there.

mad google skilz, d00d. :thup:

falwell_chins.jpg

Eric Cartman....oh cartman isn't real LOL

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyltK6pmJGg]Eric Cartman - Screw You Guys I'm Going Home - YouTube[/ame]

Nope. History Major... But man, thanks for the stalking, doooooode.

Nope. History Major... But man, thanks for the stalking, doooooode.

i think you meant history channel, but no matter.

your boy's smoking that florida primary

Oliver Cromwell.

Would that make Romney Charles I, or Obama.

I could go with either.

Romney is Marie Antoinette.

"Let them eat cake."

Plus, Caligula was a Mormon ...

Forum List

Back