Which historical figure would you compare to Newt?

This one is kind of obscure, check out this video at 3:45, the resemblance is astounding.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4eJqILLKuo]pink floyd- the trial - YouTube[/ame]

I like Newt and I hope he gets the GOP nomination but he most reminds me of Arthur L. Franklinton, Jr., who I knew personally. He is the inventor that suggested attaching strings to tampons.

Last edited:
266368-r490201_2539511_super.jpg

Rain Man...

The real Rain Man dies of heart attack aged 58 | World news | The Guardian

Last edited:
I can and have compared him to Richard Nixon. Smart and pragmatic, but arrogant and lacking in perspective.

Newt has compared himself to Ronald Reagan, Margaret Thatcher, Abraham Lincoln, Woodrow Wilson, Henry Clay, Charles De Gaulle, William Wallace, Pericles, the Duke Of Wellington, Thomas Edison, Vince Lombardi, The Wright Brothers, Moses, etc.

Who would you compare Newt to?

Most recently he has reminded me of Napoleon and of Edward, Duke of Windsor, husband of Wallis Simpson.

Oliver Cromwell.

Newt has compared himself to Ronald Reagan, Margaret Thatcher, Abraham Lincoln, Woodrow Wilson, Henry Clay, Charles De Gaulle, William Wallace, Pericles, the Duke Of Wellington, Thomas Edison, Vince Lombardi, The Wright Brothers, Moses, etc.

Who would you compare Newt to?

Most recently he has reminded me of Napoleon and of Edward, Duke of Windsor, husband of Wallis Simpson.

Walter Mitty.

Machiavelli

This "race" between who has more money is gonna get really REALLY nasty. Yes, Mittens has been lower than most of us thought he could be but we ain't seen nuthin' yet.

True enough.

Romney has won by going completely negative, and then he's going to have to convice all those Newt supporters (about a third of the GOP electorate) to come out for him after sliming their guy.

Incidently, Romney is going as low as I expected him to, but my expectations of him were down there with dinosaur bones.

well since we know little of the personal lives of historic figures I'll go with what would be known about him in history.

He would be Brute' as in "Et tu Brute'? Et tu."

A trusted adviser that will stab you in the back for more power.

Forum List

Back