Which GOP candidate would do the BEST in a debate against Barack Obama--BE HONEST

Which GOP candidate would do BEST in a debate with Barack Obama?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hell, after watching Rubio wipe the senate floor with Kerry's ignorant ass, I would love to watch him slaughter Gaffin' Joe Biden's stupid ass.

I voted for Newt in this poll, but I think Romney would kill Obama's inept ass, based on economic knowledge alone.

Romney/Rubio '12!

Yes Romney definitely has the private sector business experience--and I missed Rubio wiping the floor on Kerry.

You wouldn't happen to have a link or video to that one you could post here? Would really like to see it.

Hell, after watching Rubio wipe the senate floor with Kerry's ignorant ass, I would love to watch him slaughter Gaffin' Joe Biden's stupid ass.

I voted for Newt in this poll, but I think Romney would kill Obama's inept ass, based on economic knowledge alone.

Romney/Rubio '12!

Yes Romney definitely has the private sector business experience--and I missed Rubio wiping the floor on Kerry.

You wouldn't happen to have a link or video to that one you could post here? Would really like to see it.
Here ya' go!.....Watch a future President mop the floor with Kerry's ass!

It's a beautiful thing to watch.....Enjoy!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_68GjR6V6zI]Sen. Rubio: "Save the Whole House or It Will All Burn Down" - YouTube[/ame]

Romney/Rubio '12!

Here ya' go!.....Watch a future President mop the floor with Kerry's ass!

It's a beautiful thing to watch.....Enjoy!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_68GjR6V6zI]Sen. Rubio: "Save the Whole House or It Will All Burn Down" - YouTube[/ame]

Thanks that was a great video of Marco Rubio in action.

You are right. Gingrich would tear Obama limb from limb because Gingrich knows the facts, history and has a freedom vision for America. Obama knows what he reads on his tele-promter and his rehearsed campaign one liners. Too bad Gingrich will not get a chance to debate him. I am not supporting Gingrich because he has too much baggage from the past to be able to win.

Another one that is not in the race is Christy. He would chew Obama up and spit him out.

Newt Gingrich would clean Barrys clock in a debate.

Newt actually is the smartest guy in the room and he has years of experience and know how. I doubt theres anything in foreign policy, domestic or the economy he hasn't experienced

Yeah. Barry would get hosed.

Last edited:
I'm shocked to see how many supported Newt. I am a supporter as well. I would like to see Gingrich with Romney or Cain with the second on the ticket.

By far, Gingrich has the ideas and is the brightest of the bunch. Will we see his rise in the polls?

I'm shocked to see how many supported Newt. I am a supporter as well. I would like to see Gingrich with Romney or Cain with the second on the ticket.

By far, Gingrich has the ideas and is the brightest of the bunch. Will we see his rise in the polls?

Newt has loads of personal baggage which right wing conservatives won't go for.

Thats the reason he doesn't poll well IMO.

What was the baggage? Was it an affair?

What was the baggage? Was it an affair?

What I remember from not much reading at all, he acts without thinking. Rather like the grand finale of a fireworks display.

I thought this poll would be interesting. Now I don't want to vote for who you LIKE and or are supporting--I would like an HONEST answer from you to this poll.

The Question:

Which current GOP candidate would be the BEST at cleaning Barack Obama's clock in a debate with Obama.

Remember--be honest in your answer.--and then comment as to why you picked a certain candidate.

I like cain but think that Newt Gingrich would be the best debator for Obama followed by romney.

I voted for Romney. I do think Gingrich would give Obama a good run, but there are so many questions about his character, morals, and past. He would find himself mired in defense of his very dirty past. Perry is a disaster waiting to happen. All the rest of "also rans." Romney can deliver the independent voters. Perry is quickly losing them.

I voted for Romney. I do think Gingrich would give Obama a good run, but there are so many questions about his character, morals, and past. He would find himself mired in defense of his very dirty past. Perry is a disaster waiting to happen. All the rest of "also rans." Romney can deliver the independent voters. Perry is quickly losing them.

But this thread isn't about who can or will likely win or whose star is rising or falling.

This thread is about who would do the best in a one on one debate with Obama. If Obama tried to capitalize on Newt's past in a debate, Newt would shred him. Just look at how well he is already handling hard nosed media types and their 'gotcha' questions or when they try to provoke a food fight between debaters.

On the issues? I think between Newt and Obama it would be no contest. I'm not sure that Obama couldn't hold his own against Romney. I'll have to think about that.

(Having said that, Gingrich has already been vetted and vetted and vetted and vetted. There is nothing else 'nasty' or 'unknown' to dig up about him. And most of what is out there is grossly exaggerated, blown out of proportion, or misrepresented. The left, media and message board, are more than willing to keep repeating them and not care a whit whether they are bearing false witness, but much of that has likely lost its sting. That doesn't mean he doesn't have some negatives. He definitely does. But I just think they're all 'old news' now and won't work well for attacks in this campaign. Sorta like trying to bring up Obama's birth certificate or college transcripts or medical history or Rev. Wright or whatever. It has been done and won't work well for attack purposes now.

But you run both of them on their respective records and accomplishments? Obama won't look good stacked up against Gingrich. (Or any of the other GOP candidates for that matter.)

Last edited:
Considering the vast nothingness that is Obama's knowledge of anything non-Marx... I'd say any of them would eat his lunch.

Considering the vast nothingness that is Obama's knowledge of anything non-Marx... I'd say any of them would eat his lunch.

I dunno. Rick Santorum for instance has been coming across as rather snarky and angry instead of persuasive and compelling. If Obama has the right debate coach, he could take advantage of that. Ron Paul and Rick Perry are both not that good shifting gears or thinking on their feet if they get blind sided by an unexpected question or comment.

Romney would hold his own but I wonder if he wouldn't continue to come across as if he is reading off a campaign brochure instead of speaking from the heart? Bachmann also sometimes comes across that way, but if she is well prepared, I have no doubt she could hold her own. Also Johnson. I don't know Huntsman well enough to evaluate it.

In the end Gingrich and Cain stand out as smart, astute, well prepared, and able to field anything that is thrown at them.

Forum List

Back