Which GOP candidate would do the BEST in a debate against Barack Obama--BE HONEST

Which GOP candidate would do BEST in a debate with Barack Obama?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Toss up between Romney and Gingrich. But Romney been looking very good in debates lately.

Among the Fox focus groups polled after the last debate, they overwhelmingly thought Romney won the last debate. But in the end, I think Cain and Gingrich helped themselves the most.

Considering the vast nothingness that is Obama's knowledge of anything non-Marx... I'd say any of them would eat his lunch.

I dunno. Rick Santorum for instance has been coming across as rather snarky and angry instead of persuasive and compelling. If Obama has the right debate coach, he could take advantage of that. Ron Paul and Rick Perry are both not that good shifting gears or thinking on their feet if they get blind sided by an unexpected question or comment.

Romney would hold his own but I wonder if he wouldn't continue to come across as if he is reading off a campaign brochure instead of speaking from the heart? Bachmann also sometimes comes across that way, but if she is well prepared, I have no doubt she could hold her own. Also Johnson. I don't know Huntsman well enough to evaluate it.

In the end Gingrich and Cain stand out as smart, astute, well prepared, and able to field anything that is thrown at them.

Well, must admit... Santorum no.

Bachmann is my choice.

I like her too, but have not picked my choice from the field yet. I do believe Bachmann is sincere, honest, has the right priorities, and does speak from the heart. I wish she would do more of that instead of the formatted campaign rhetoric. I suspect she won't top the list when I do make my choice, but I would have no fear for the country with her at the helm. I would fear for HER as the left would be so vile and viscious to her even more than they already are. Neither a woman nor a minority is to be allowed to wander off the leftist plantation with impunity.

Believe it or not, I like Michelle Bachmann. Her answers may be nutty, but she seems very confident, very calm and collected. I haven't seen her put off or confused by a single question. She is for sure a talented campaigner.

Believe it or not, I like Michelle Bachmann. Her answers may be nutty, but she seems very confident, very calm and collected. I haven't seen her put off or confused by a single question. She is for sure a talented campaigner.

Translation: I want obama to win so I love Bachmann.

;)

Sorry to the Bachmann fans out there, I mean no disrespect I just don't think she is a good choice for president.

Last edited:
Still too much time before I can make this decision... much more to be heard... still do be seen what our situations look like at election time compared to now.. etc...

Also... I think my answer would be 2 fold... 1 who I think was best, and 2 who I think has the best chance

To be honest.. last REP primary I was a Thompson guy... unfortunately that did not pan out

Still too much time before I can make this decision... much more to be heard... still do be seen what our situations look like at election time compared to now.. etc...

Also... I think my answer would be 2 fold... 1 who I think was best, and 2 who I think has the best chance

To be honest.. last REP primary I was a Thompson guy... unfortunately that did not pan out

Don't feel bad...I was chanting "Recruit The Newt" last time around..........

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzsVFr0mFeg]Chris Matthews To Michele Bachmann: "Are You Hypnotized?" - YouTube[/ame]

Considering the vast nothingness that is Obama's knowledge of anything non-Marx... I'd say any of them would eat his lunch.

I dunno. Rick Santorum for instance has been coming across as rather snarky and angry instead of persuasive and compelling. If Obama has the right debate coach, he could take advantage of that. Ron Paul and Rick Perry are both not that good shifting gears or thinking on their feet if they get blind sided by an unexpected question or comment.

Romney would hold his own but I wonder if he wouldn't continue to come across as if he is reading off a campaign brochure instead of speaking from the heart? Bachmann also sometimes comes across that way, but if she is well prepared, I have no doubt she could hold her own. Also Johnson. I don't know Huntsman well enough to evaluate it.

In the end Gingrich and Cain stand out as smart, astute, well prepared, and able to field anything that is thrown at them.

Yep. Cain and Gingrich have both rocked at all of the debates. Two very smart guys.

I agree about Newts baggage also. No surprises as all of it is known and has been for some time. I don't think Newt is someone Barry would be eager to debate either.

Its rather early to even take a guess at who the nominee will be and I find the debates interesting and sometimes rather fun.

Yep. Cain and Gingrich have both rocked at all of the debates. Two very smart guys.

I agree about Newts baggage also. No surprises as all of it is known and has been for some time. I don't think Newt is someone Barry would be eager to debate either.

Its rather early to even take a guess at who the nominee will be and I find the debates interesting and sometimes rather fun.

Yeah I have no clue who the nominee will be.

I know who I dont want and im pretty sure who I do want but Im still torn between 3 very different canidates.

We have time though ;)

Toss up between Romney and Gingrich. But Romney been looking very good in debates lately.

All the smart people agree with me :rofl:

:D

EDIT: I agree with you BTW....before that gets taken the wrong way.

:lol:

Gingrich is very smart and really good in debates. Romney's been getting his chops together pretty quickly. He's far more impressive then he was last time out. The debates are really giving him a razor sharp cutting edge.

They are basically killing everyone else. Ron Paul looks like he's got dementia, Bachmann looks looney, Cain comes off as Earl Schrieb, Santorum just threw the election with his DADT stance, Huntsman was looking okay for a while, then he threw out that treason charge and Perry's looking more like a deer in the head lights.

The only way Obama could debate was if he had the questions in advance so he could get his answers programed on the teleprompter but then the media would be more than happy to do that. Lets hold a debate on the worst president ever, guess who wins hands down.

The only way Obama could debate was if he had the questions in advance so he could get his answers programed on the teleprompter but then the media would be more than happy to do that. Lets hold a debate on the worst president ever, guess who wins hands down.

Who? as the answer falls along party lines.

All the smart people agree with me :rofl:

:D

EDIT: I agree with you BTW....before that gets taken the wrong way.

:lol:

Gingrich is very smart and really good in debates. Romney's been getting his chops together pretty quickly. He's far more impressive then he was last time out. The debates are really giving him a razor sharp cutting edge.

They are basically killing everyone else. Ron Paul looks like he's got dementia, Bachmann looks looney, Cain comes off as Earl Schrieb, Santorum just threw the election with his DADT stance, Huntsman was looking okay for a while, then he threw out that treason charge and Perry's looking more like a deer in the head lights.

I really think, if the republicans are smart, this is what they will do.

Romney as the President.
Cain/Gingrich for VP.

If gingrich isn't VP then make him your press secretary ;).
If Cain isn't VP then make him you tim geitner or some similar cabinet position in relation to the economy.

What do you think of that sallow?

In a debate? Gingrich, followed by Romney.

gingrich shoots from the lip... he has moments of brililance followed by insane lunacy...

Perhaps you could give us an illustration of 'insane lunacy?' Most especially in a debate situation? There are points I disagree with Newt on--none of them necessarily deal breakers but I would argue them with him--but I have NEVER seen him be irrational, unfocused, or unprepared for the situation.

In a debate? Gingrich, followed by Romney.

gingrich shoots from the lip... he has moments of brililance followed by insane lunacy...

Perhaps you could give us an illustration of 'insane lunacy?' Most especially in a debate situation? There are points I disagree with Newt on--none of them necessarily deal breakers but I would argue them with him--but I have NEVER seen him be irrational, unfocused, or unprepared for the situation.

Actually Jillian I would love to see what you consider Gingrich's "insane lunacy" too.

Any youtubes, interviews, or transcripts for us?

Actually Jillian I would love to see what you consider Gingrich's "insane lunacy" too.

Any youtubes, interviews, or transcripts for us?

Whose idea was it to send children of single mothers on welfare to orphanages? I remember when that was suggested. i thought it was newt. This was in the mid 1990s.

New Topics

Forum List

Back