do you have any German speaking ancestors?

have you?

• not that i know of …

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I suppose I could check- but I'd have to contact them Via Ouiji.
Seriously my grandfather was adopted by a nice couple- who saved his life from the Nazi's and took him here to the states. And that's how my family got here. Interesting story it was...

strollingbones
I suppose I could check- but I'd have to contact them Via Ouiji.
Seriously my grandfather was adopted by a nice couple- who saved his life from the Nazi's and took him here to the states. And that's how my family got here. Interesting story it was...
sure interesting!

Escaped from Germany around WW1 as he was Jewish.
Hessian ancestors too....(fought for the South during Civil War)
Also many Germans from the Great Migration out of Europe....

So....yeah you can say that both sides of the family came from Germany....except for one Tuscan Italian. German food and Italian food are comfort foods.

So he moved here - grew up- married my grandma- eventually.

She was pure german too- but this is going way back---- it was during the plague? long ago.
She had 2 parents dead thrown in the street- dead.
She WAS-16 YEARS OLD! She had 6- maybe 8 siblings -couple of twins- she took those kids and ran- The state was coming for them- there was no parents- at the time-She raised them! At 16! got a job- sewing. Did what she had to do! I don't think some of us even understand what our ancestors went thru? fast forward- the family always said she was MENTAL. I wonder WHY? A bit of history-I always cut her some slack- I could not do what She did!.. She then went on to send her 3 kids to Rhodes- for a poor woman- she graduated them all? I was always always - considered the black sheep !

Last edited:

Forum List

Back