do you have any German speaking ancestors?

have you?

• not that i know of …

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Slow down your German-themed stories.
History is being written by victorious powers.
Probably there are more pure Germans in USA then GI / Soviet mass-raped so-called Germans in Germany.
Are you a bastard ?

It's Russian you Germs need .
Go away and start to learn the Top Gun lingo before Dear Uncle's brave boys come marching into Berlin .

A few aunts and uncles. Grandparents on my father's side were German speakers even after several generations in the U.S. from the 1830's. There is still a large Czech speaking population here, as well as some towns in central Texas where German is still the local language after English. Don't speak it myself. I think there are enclaves in Pennsylvania and Wisconsin, where there are a lot of Germans.

A few aunts and uncles. Grandparents on my father's side were German speakers even after several generations in the U.S. from the 1830's. There is still a large Czech speaking population here, as well as some towns in central Texas where German is still the local language after English. Don't speak it myself.
A few aunts and uncles. Grandparents on my father's side were German speakers even after several generations in the U.S. from the 1830's. There is still a large Czech speaking population here, as well as some towns in central Texas where German is still the local language after English. Don't speak it myself.

ok!

👑👑👑🎂🎂🎂🍫🍫🍫

Grandad's new wife after Grandma died in Childbirth in the 1930s was German. No Blood Relations though that I am aware of.

Greg

A few aunts and uncles. Grandparents on my father's side were German speakers even after several generations in the U.S. from the 1830's. There is still a large Czech speaking population here, as well as some towns in central Texas where German is still the local language after English. Don't speak it myself. I think there are enclaves in Pennsylvania and Wisconsin, where there are a lot of Germans.

so you can vote yes. 🍰🍰🍰🍰🍫🍫🎂👑🍰

Yes. When my great-grandparents arrived on the shores of America in 1910 the both spoke… German, Polish, and Russian fluently. They spoke passable English and bits of French, Czech, and Slovak.

My great-grandfather refused to let any of his eight children learn any language other than English. “”You are an American. Americans speak English.” as my grandfather remembered him saying.

My grandfather also like to point out that he knew how to speak 7 languages, and German was definitely one of them.

My grandfather also like to point out that he knew how to speak 7 languages, and German was definitely one of them.

Euros have a lot more opportunities to speech multiple languages. Here we got a couple of courses in school and never go to use them anywhere. The internet helps with written languages these days, but in the past it was just English or some dialect of Spanish and Spanglish you would never see or hear in school. Use it or lose it, as the saying goes.

with german speaking i meant …..

from german speaking countries

Forum List

Back