Which Freedoms Lost?

By forcing me to purchase insurance or face financial fines I lose my liberty to decide if I want to purchase health care or not.
Only a fool would not want quality affordable health care.

I still should have the freedom and liberty to be a fool if I decide I want to.

If my state let me I would purchase much less expensive healthcare than I have now as I am pretty healthy but if I do that not only do I have to pay for the coverage but I have to pay a $2000.00 fine and could face further fines for not meeting coverage levels.

By forcing me to purchase insurance or face financial fines I lose my liberty to decide if I want to purchase health care or not.

You're just another one of those tea beggar leeches who wants to wait until he's sick to buy health care insurance. Take personal responsibility for your health care expenses, be a rugged individualist, practice the Protestant work ethic, get a haircut, go find a job and quit being a burden on society.

I would purchase much less expensive healthcare than I have now as I am pretty healthy.
You just said you wouldn't buy health care insurance, leech.

If I do that not only do I have to pay for the coverage but I have to pay a $2000.00 fine and could face further fines for not meeting coverage levels.
Point out the law that would impose a $2000.00 fine, leech.

I would purchase much less expensive healthcare than I have now as I am pretty healthy.

If I do that not only do I have to pay for the coverage but I have to pay a $2000.00 fine and could face further fines for not meeting coverage levels.

The fine is a percentage of your income. Read the law. Interesting how you are so very interested in health coverage. What about healthy practices? Will you support food restrictions on high caloric foods, a ban on smoking or prohibition of alcohol?

The fine is a percentage of your income. Read the law. Interesting how you are so very interested in health coverage. What about healthy practices? Will you support food restrictions on high caloric foods, a ban on smoking or prohibition of alcohol?

So you make 100k? Thats what it would take essentially to be fined $2000 for not having insurance. If you make 100k, which I have my doubts about, you'd be able to afford insurance.

So you make 100k? Thats what it would take essentially to be fined $2000 for not having insurance. If you make 100k, which I have my doubts about, you'd be able to afford insurance.

Why are you so insistent I gamble against becoming ill. If I were to subtract what I have paid in premiums vs What I have actually used for my wife and I. I am out over 30k, in the past four years.

Are the insurance companies your cronies?

Now that it is passed though, I am seriously thinking about gaming the system. I save huge money.

Why are you so insistent I gamble against becoming ill. If I were to subtract what I have paid in premiums vs What I have actually used for my wife and I. I am out over 30k, in the past four years.

Now that it is passed though, I am seriously thinking about gaming the system. I save huge money.

Far from it, I think insurance companies are bane on our society that unfortunately we are stuck with for the time being. I'd love to see them done away with completely. Is that how you feel as well?

Yes, you have paid A LOT of money in to the system as have many Americans. Now, how would you feel if you suddenly became very ill and had coverage denied even though you were up to date on payments?

And just how do you plan on gaming the system exactly?

Far from it, I think insurance companies are bane on our society that unfortunately we are stuck with for the time being. I'd love to see them done away with completely. Is that how you feel as well?

Yes, you have paid A LOT of money in to the system as have many Americans. Now, how would you feel if you suddenly became very ill and had coverage denied even though you were up to date on payments?

Gaming the system will be very simple. I sign up when I need it, Cancell after its paid. So I get fined. The fine is a bargain. Does the high premiums piss me off. ABSOLUTELY

As far as being denied coverage, I do two things. One I do read the policy manual, I also call ahead of time to find out what tests and services are covered. Could it still happen? Of course just like the government will decide. Or is it you think the government will not deny service. Before you answer, realize the government is currently the largest denier.

Gaming the system will be very simple. I sign up when I need it, Cancell after its paid. So I get fined. The fine is a bargain. Does the high premiums piss me off. ABSOLUTELY

As far as being denied coverage, I do two things. One I do read the policy manual, I also call ahead of time to find out what tests and services are covered. Could it still happen? Of course just like the government will decide. Or is it you think the government will not deny service. Before you answer, realize the government is currently the largest denier.

The only problem with your plan is that there are going to be enrollment periods where you can purchase insurance. What if it's not during that enrollment window and you become very sick or injured?

You're just another one of those tea beggar leeches who wants to wait until he's sick to buy health care insurance. Take personal responsibility for your health care expenses, be a rugged individualist, practice the Protestant work ethic, get a haircut, go find a job and quit being a burden on society.

So you dont have anything to show how this is not taking away my freedom to choose if I want coverage and what level I want to pay for.

Insults and false descriptions dont prove anything.

You have to read slower so you can comprehend what I said and learn not to project your own feelings into other people's statements.

I never said I wouldn't buy heath insurance I said I should have the freedom to choose if I want to buy it or not. Obama and his democratic congress along with my state government have both taken that unfettered liberty away from me.

Last edited:
Mickey C Jager said:
plymco_pilgrim said:

No health insurance? Face fines since this article came out in 2008 shortly after my state passed a health care law just like federal law our insurance premiums have almost doubled making this fine 175/month. 175*12=$2100

Health Care Reform Bill Summary: A Look At What's in the Bill - Political Hotsheet - CBS News here is a link with the federal fine in it....go down to where it says "individual mandate" in bold

Or maybe he just wants to pay for his rudimentary medical services out of pocket, and only have a relatively inexpensive high deductible catastrophic policy for the big ticket expenses.

Of course, do-gooder nannies like you with your must-cover mandates will have none of that.

the freedom from wory that should I become indigent and in need of medical care, I won’t be ignored by healthcare providers
Already not a problem.

Medicare/Medicaid, state programs and uncounted private charitable organizations cover most who need care but can't pay.

Did you ever hear of the Medicare Donut Hole? What of instances when private charity can’t afford to help those in need?

What...You want everything for nothing, at the expense of everyone else?

Figures.

I think that a good society / nation has means by which it can care for the needy. I am not asking that people be forced to buy bandaids for those that get paper-cuts. Yet, I am asking for life-saving and life-sustaining treatment for those in dire circumstances.

Forum List

Back