Where's my Global Warming!

Blood, where did you get that idiot conspiracy theory?

Oh, that's right, your political cult fed it to you, hence you BELIEVE.

Meanwhile, this breaking news just in -- scientists have determined the earth is tilted at 23 degrees, causing a thing called "winter", which leads to cold temperatures.

Denialists, of course, are completely mystified by that explanation.

What I am mystified is that as late as the 80's they were telling us the earth was going to be soon covered with ice. Then they turn on a dime and tell us earth is going to be turned into a burning hell. And you accept this without question? If they were wrong then, what makes them right now? I was born at night but I wasn't born last night. Keep drinking the Kool-Aid.

What you are obviously "mystified" by is everything, you poor bamboozled retard. You are so full of moronic conspiracy theories and fallacious denier cult myths, there is no room in you for reality. Climate scientists were not "telling us the earth was going to be soon covered with ice". Even in the 1970s, most scientists studying possible changes in the Earth's climate thought warming was more probable than cooling.

Study debunks 'global cooling' concern of '70s
USA TODAY
By Doyle Rice
2/22/2008
(excerpts)
The supposed "global cooling" consensus among scientists in the 1970s — frequently offered by global-warming skeptics as proof that climatologists can't make up their minds — is a myth, according to a survey of the scientific literature of the era. The '70s was an unusually cold decade. Newsweek, Time, The New York Times and National Geographic published articles at the time speculating on the causes of the unusual cold and about the possibility of a new ice age. But Thomas Peterson of the National Climatic Data Center surveyed dozens of peer-reviewed scientific articles from 1965 to 1979 and found that only seven supported global cooling, while 44 predicted warming. Peterson says 20 others were neutral in their assessments of climate trends. The study reports, "There was no scientific consensus in the 1970s that the Earth was headed into an imminent ice age. A review of the literature suggests that, to the contrary, greenhouse warming even then dominated scientists' thinking about the most important forces shaping Earth's climate on human time scales."

That was an unusually cold decade, especially the later years, across the Northern Hemisphere. In the USA, the winters of 1977-79 were three of the 11 coldest since the recording of temperatures began in the 1890s, according to climate center data. The winter of 1978-79 remains the coldest on record in the USA. Just as it's hard for people today to think much about global warming in the dead of winter, it was also hard for the public – and the media – to focus on a warming world, while at the same time enduring some of the coldest winters on record. However, as Peterson notes in the paper, "even cursory review of the news media coverage of the issue reveals that, just as there was no consensus at the time among scientists, so was there also no consensus among journalists." Robert Henson, a writer at the National Center for Atmospheric Research and author of The Rough Guide to Climate Change, says: "People have long claimed that scientists in the 1970s were convinced a new ice age was imminent. But in fact, many researchers at the time were already more concerned about the long-term risks of global warming." Along with Peterson, the study was also authored written by William Connolly of the British Antarctic Survey and John Fleck of The Albuquerque Journal. The research will be published in the Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society.

Last edited:
Notice that when weather is cold, the AGW k00ks respond with, "Weather and climate.......no association"

But when you get a heat wave, the bomb throwing about the weather begins in earnest.

Of course global warming is a scam........always has been >>>>>

The Green Agenda

The pseudo-intellectuals found on the internet are the most easily duped assholes on the face of the planet. They don't even bat an eyelash in the face of statements like this >>>>

"We need to get some broad based support,
to capture the public's imagination...
So we have to offer up scary scenarios,
make simplified, dramatic statements
and make little mention of any doubts...
Each of us has to decide what the right balance
is between being effective and being honest."

- Prof. Stephen Schneider,
Stanford Professor of Climatology,
lead author of many IPCC reports

"We've got to ride this global warming issue.
Even if the theory of global warming is wrong,
we will be doing the right thing in terms of
economic and environmental policy."

- Timothy Wirth,
President of the UN Foundation

"No matter if the science of global warming is all phony...
climate change provides the greatest opportunity to
bring about justice and equality in the world."

- Christine Stewart,
former Canadian Minister of the Environment

“The data doesn't matter. We're not basing our recommendations
on the data. We're basing them on the climate models.”

- Prof. Chris Folland,
Hadley Centre for Climate Prediction and Research

"The common enemy of humanity is man.
In searching for a new enemy to unite us, we came up
with the idea that pollution, the threat of global warming,
water shortages, famine and the like would fit the bill. All these
dangers are caused by human intervention, and it is only through
changed attitudes and behavior that they can be overcome.
The real enemy then, is humanity itself."

- Club of Rome,
premier environmental think-tank,
consultants to the United Nations

When you think of the AGW fraternity of internet climate crusaders, one cannot help but think back to Jonestown, Guyana in the late 1970's.........

Jonestown Massacre - The Story of the Jonestown Massacre

People need to wake the fuck up.......the whole rot system is rigged. Democrats and Republicans.......all bought. Every swinging dick posting in this forum is heading to serfdom......you just get there a lot faster with hyper-progressive polices like we've seen in the past several years. The GOP is up to its eyeballs in corruption too, but they establish their own brand of reality show.

Last edited:
I'd like to repost this Rolling Thunder post in a more typically-sized font

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/weather/climate/globalwarming/2008-02-20-global-cooling_n.htm

Study debunks 'global cooling' concern of '70s

USA TODAY
By Doyle Rice
2/22/2008
(excerpts)
The supposed "global cooling" consensus among scientists in the 1970s — frequently offered by global-warming skeptics as proof that climatologists can't make up their minds — is a myth, according to a survey of the scientific literature of the era. The '70s was an unusually cold decade. Newsweek, Time, The New York Times and National Geographic published articles at the time speculating on the causes of the unusual cold and about the possibility of a new ice age. But Thomas Peterson of the National Climatic Data Center surveyed dozens of peer-reviewed scientific articles from 1965 to 1979 and found that only seven supported global cooling, while 44 predicted warming. Peterson says 20 others were neutral in their assessments of climate trends. The study reports, There was no scientific consensus in the 1970s that the Earth was headed into an imminent ice age. A review of the literature suggests that, to the contrary, greenhouse warming even then dominated scientists' thinking about the most important forces shaping Earth's climate on human time scales.

That was an unusually cold decade, especially the later years, across the Northern Hemisphere. In the USA, the winters of 1977-79 were three of the 11 coldest since the recording of temperatures began in the 1890s, according to climate center data. The winter of 1978-79 remains the coldest on record in the USA. Just as it's hard for people today to think much about global warming in the dead of winter, it was also hard for the public – and the media – to focus on a warming world, while at the same time enduring some of the coldest winters on record. However, as Peterson notes in the paper, "even cursory review of the news media coverage of the issue reveals that, just as there was no consensus at the time among scientists, so was there also no consensus among journalists." Robert Henson, a writer at the National Center for Atmospheric Research and author of The Rough Guide to Climate Change, says: "People have long claimed that scientists in the 1970s were convinced a new ice age was imminent. But in fact, many researchers at the time were already more concerned about the long-term risks of global warming." Along with Peterson, the study was also authored written by William Connolly of the British Antarctic Survey and John Fleck of The Albuquerque Journal. The research will be published in the Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society.

Last edited:
So... I guess you're point is that the world's climate scientists are incompetent and can't be trusted? Is that right?

My point is, it is a political agenda not settled science and people are also making tons of money off of "global warming" plus I'm freezing:(

How are these charges supported by false, 40 year old report of imminent global cooling? Your post contained nothing about politics and nothing about money.

So... I guess you're point is that the world's climate scientists are incompetent and can't be trusted? Is that right?

No, I think many of them are liars. Man made climate change is not about saving the planet; it's about controlling the people living on it for money and power.

Since I wasn't speaking to you, it makes no sense for you to respond as you did.

Almost every climate scientist on the planet says human GHG emissions are the primary cause of the last 150 years' warming. Do you believe all of those scientists are lying in order to control people?

Since I wasn't speaking to you, it makes no sense for you to respond as you did.

Almost every climate scientist on the planet says human GHG emissions are the primary cause of the last 150 years' warming. Do you believe all of those scientists are lying in order to control people?

Now it's 150 yrs ? I think you're full of crap really. In the 70s it was global cooling, now it's global warming :doubt:

Antarctic ice shelf melt 'lowest EVER recorded, global warming is NOT eroding it'

Scientists at the British Antarctic Survey say that the melting of the Pine Island Glacier ice shelf in Antarctica has suddenly slowed right down in the last few years, confirming earlier research which suggested that the shelf's melt does not result from human-driven global warming.

The Pine Island Glacier in West Antarctica and its associated sea ice shelf is closely watched: this is because unlike most of the sea ice around the austral continent, its melt rate has seemed to be accelerating quickly since scientists first began seriously studying it in the 1990s.

Many researchers had suggested that this was due to human-driven global warming, which appeared to be taking place rapidly at that time (though it has since gone on hold for 15 years or so, a circumstance which science is still assimilating).

However back in 2009 the British Antarctic Survey sent its Autosub robot probe under the shelf (famously powered by some 5,000 ordinary alkaline D-cell batteries on each trip beneath the ice, getting through no less than four tonnes of them during the research). The Autosub survey revealed that a previously unknown marine ridge lay below the shelf, over which the icepack had for millennia been forced to grind its way en route to the ocean. However in relatively recent times the ice had finally so ground down the ridge that the sea could flow in between shelf and ridge, freeing the ice to move much faster and warming it too

Antarctic ice shelf melt 'lowest EVER recorded, global warming is NOT eroding it' ? The Register

My point is, it is a political agenda not settled science and people are also making tons of money off of "global warming" plus I'm freezing:(

How are these charges supported by false, 40 year old report of imminent global cooling? Your post contained nothing about politics and nothing about money.

'Global Warming Scam'

Below is the text of the Oct. 6 letter that Harold Lewis, emeritus professor of physics at the University of California, Santa Barbara, sent to Princeton's Curtis G. Callan Jr., tendering his resignation from the American Physical Society, of which Callan is president.

When I first joined the American Physical Society 67 years ago it was much smaller, much gentler, and as yet uncorrupted by the money flood (a threat against which Dwight Eisenhower warned a half-century ago). Indeed, the choice of physics as a profession was then a guarantor of a life of poverty and abstinence — it was World War II that changed all that. The prospect of worldly gain drove few physicists.

As recently as 35 years ago, when I chaired the first APS study of a contentious social/scientific issue, The Reactor Safety Study, though there were zealots aplenty on the outside, there was no hint of inordinate pressure on us as physicists. We were therefore able to produce what I believe was and is an honest appraisal of the situation at that time.

We were further enabled by the presence of an oversight committee consisting of Pief Panofsky, Vicki Weisskopf and Hans Bethe, all towering physicists beyond reproach. I was proud of what we did in a charged atmosphere. In the end the oversight committee, in its report to the APS President, noted the complete independence in which we did the job, and predicted that the report would be attacked from both sides. What greater tribute could there be?

How different it is now. The giants no longer walk the earth, and the money flood has become the raison d'être of much physics research, the vital sustenance of much more, and it provides the support for untold numbers of professional jobs. For reasons that will soon become clear my former pride at being an APS Fellow all these years has been turned into shame, and I am forced, with no pleasure at all, to offer you my resignation from the Society.

It is of course, the global warming scam, with the (literally) trillions of dollars driving it, that has corrupted so many scientists, and has carried APS before it like a rogue wave. It is the greatest and most successful pseudoscientific fraud I have seen in my long life as a physicist.

'Global Warming Scam' - Investors.com

No, I think many of them are liars. Man made climate change is not about saving the planet; it's about controlling the people living on it for money and power.

Oh, you're a whackaloon conspiracy theorist. Why didn't you just say so at the start?

How soon we forget:eusa_shhh:

Global Warming E-Mails Scandal Show Scientists May Have Cooked the Facts

indicate a number of the world's most important scientists engaged in research designed to prove that global warming really does exist may have been cooking the books.

As columnist Michael Barone wrote in Sunday's Washington Examiner, "The CRU has been a major source of data on global temperatures, relied on by the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. But the e-mails suggest that CRU scientists have been suppressing and misstating data and working to prevent the publication of conflicting views in peer-reviewed science periodicals."

If true, the cooking of the temperature data to provide support for the idea that man-made global warming is occurring is a scandal of most serious proportions. It should force policymakers to reconsider the role science plays in the formulation of policy if its conclusions can be manipulated the way those concerning climate change now appear to have been.

Some of those involved in the E-mail chains that are now under examination have concocted what on their face come across as bizarre explanations for some of the things they said, many of which boil down to the notion that the words they used did not mean what they mean. It sort of takes us back to what the meaning of "is" is.

They have been engaged in a political war, using science as a weapon. The E-mails reveal the dangers inherent in relying on "approved science" as the last word on anything, especially if—as it now appears—some of the more influential supporters of the idea of global warming tried very hard to make sure that contrary theories and evidence that countered their assumptions and projections were never allowed to see the light of day, at least in any reputable scientific journal.

Global Warming E-Mails Scandal Show Scientists May Have Cooked the Facts - Peter Roff (usnews.com)

Historic freeze could break Midwest temp records

The deep freeze expected soon in the Midwest, New England and even the South will be one to remember, with potential record-low temperatures heightening fears of frostbite and hypothermia.

It hasn't been this cold for decades — 20 years in Washington, D.C., 18 years in Milwaukee, 15 in Missouri — even in the Midwest, where bundling up is second nature. Weather Bell meteorologist Ryan Maue said, "If you're under 40 (years old), you've not seen this stuff before."

Historic freeze could break Midwest temp records | CNS News

So far, we have gotten 3 inches of globull warming today, with 5 more inches expected before it tapers off.

Then we will globull warm from a temp of +25F to a balmy -1F.

But hey, it could be worse. Somehow.

Parts of mainland Alaska are up near +40 degrees today whilst liberal-infested Michigan is down around -50. Of course that's just mother nature's punishment for those true believers. She loves rubbing their noses in it.

Thanks, though, for pointing out that the average temperature over the surface of the planet is basically unchanged.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back