Where's God's wife?

I think man created God in his image. I mean God actually thought Adam might find a "helpmate" among the animals, but none suited him. (according to the Hebrew bible)

Delta, why do you insist on starting stupid threads? Stop it already. Start a thread that has substance, or not start them at all.

Sorry you think they're stupid. Judging by the interesting replies, that's not a widely held opinion.
God probably does have a wife. That's why females are created the way they are.
If God dwells in the family unit, it would explain why some religions are so opposed to same sex marriage.

I think man created God in his image. I mean God actually thought Adam might find a "helpmate" among the animals, but none suited him. (according to the Hebrew bible)

for the record-----Penelope has her education in Hebrew scriptures from a catechism whore---who told her that adam was supposed to screw a bitch------so saying kinda
excited the nun. In fact the same catechism whore told her that jesus did not marry because he -----had "other propensities"

Delta, why do you insist on starting stupid threads? Stop it already. Start a thread that has substance, or not start them at all.

Sorry you think they're stupid. Judging by the interesting replies, that's not a widely held opinion.
If God dwells in the family unit, it would explain why some religions are so opposed to same sex marriage.

What about 'if God created the universe, and the laws of science, what happens to this sort of religious objection when 2 men or 2 women can reproduce?'

If God created the laws of science making such things possible isn't that a tacit endorsement of the behaviour and act?

What about 'if God created the universe, and the laws of science, what happens to this sort of religious objection when 2 men or 2 women can reproduce?'

If God created the laws of science making such things possible isn't that a tacit endorsement of the behaviour and act?

huh?

In reference to the OP-----I found the answer------She's in florida------PALM BEACH,
Nice little condo

huh?

Woulda explained it more but seeing your condo post guess you're not actually interested and just wanna screw around.

If adam and steve reproduce themselves, yes that would be a tactic endorsement. But it ain't never going to happen so I'm not to worried.

huh?

Woulda explained it more but seeing your condo post guess you're not actually interested and just wanna screw around.

I am not the only person here------explain it for the OTHERS -------should I promise not to participate in that part of the discussion?

God creared MAN in his image. Woman was created afterwards, as a companion and helper for Man, not in the image of God.

There is no Mrs. God and there didn't need to be.

This was not a difficult question to answer, theologically.

You believe that your answer is theologically simple and sound; however you are wrong. The Bible is a complex collection of writings which is hotly debated even by theologians. You begin by saying that Adam was created first and then Eve was created afterward as a companion. This your first mistake, a rather common mistake for one who has not read the Bible in detail.

Contrary to popular belief, there are several creation accounts in Genesis. The first creation story is told in the First Chapter of Genesis. In this account, on day five the fishes and birdies were brought forth; and on day six all other creatures great and small were created, and then and only then were Adam and Eve created together. Here is how the Bible describes the creation of man on the sixth day:

“And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them” (Genesis 1:26-27, KJV)

According to the above quoted verses, Adam and Eve were created together and both were made in the image of God. However, there is another creation account in the Second Chapter of Genesis which says that Adam was created first, then the animals, and finally Eve (this is the account you were apparently referring to):

“And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him. And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof. And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him. And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof; And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man. And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man” (Genesis 2:18-23).

Going back to the first Creation account, it should be obvious that the word “man” used in the text refers to mankind which includes both men and women. I repeat the previously quoted verses, this time with highlights:

“And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them” (Genesis 1:26-27, KJV). Perhaps the following verses will help you understand the Old Testament Language a little better:

“This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him; Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created” (Genesis 5:1, 2, KJV). Adam was clearly the name for Mankind since God called both the man and woman Adam. It was mankind, male and female, that was created in the image of God.

Going back to the second account, if Adam was made in the image of God and Eve was made from Adam, wouldn't it be reasonable to assume she was also made in God's image? Or is the image of God all about a penis? Just asking.

Conclusion: I think you were too quick to dismiss what others had to say. Before you can even attempt to answer questions relating to the Biblical story of Creation, you must be able to reconcile the discrepancies between the two accounts or be able to dismiss one or both of them. The Bible does not say how the information regarding Creation was made known to those who were the authors of the Book of Genesis and not every Christian believes the Biblical Creation Story to be a literal record. One Catholic Pope (I forget which one) said the Creation Story should be taken allegorically, not literally. He said the Bible was not a book about how the heavens were made but rather a book about how to get to heaven.

huh?

ditto

I think a lot of people males and females through the ages are looking at the carnal aspect of it all and lack the answers until they have mature spiritually (thus importance of having faith and hope). Many have taught out of their own thoughts and do a lot of speculating along the way as we tend to try to compartmentalize it all or just simply have tunnel vision. I'll try to do this with scriptures in mind.

God is a spirit (Jesus speaking- look for the red letters). Created male and female in the image of God (a pattern- the first spiritual being- firstborn - one being created in heavenly places which has a male and female aspect, Gen 1:26 to whom God gives seed). Finishes hosts of heaven (seeds- the spiritual portions that were created installed in human 'the dry dusty red earth (confused- has weeds- being tilled or plowed) garden=red earth=human'. These are the hosts written about throughout the books planted into earth that were created to rule over heaven & earth- spirit & flesh- Gen 2:1, and as Jesus tried to tell them look into thy self first- if one cannot control themselves they are merely a lease holder rule by powers and principalities not an actual owner of their own flesh or spiritual being) but has not caused it to rain yet on earth (the newly forming eternal beings are just like any plant it requires rain or has to be watered to grow. If it has weeds those weeds rob nutrients that the true plants need to grow in the garden- rotted those weeds can be also used as nutrients in the soil- manure aka fertile, if it is too fertile nothing grows or pig & horse weeds can flourish, Luke 8).

The Lord forms an Adam 'red earth- human' created of the dust of the ground & gives it breath (a piece, a portion of eternal spirit planted in a garden- the human being is the garden where this eternal spirit resides and that was planted with a little serpent 'looking- to seek- gaze. NT- look upon) creating a living soul (Gen 2:7). Awakes the human after giving the human a companion called Eve 'life to prosper- a conscience to teach and show where life-breath is' (Gen 2:).

Who is the wife of Jesus- son of MAN? This questioned was answered in the New Testament by Jesus (hint- what happens when a man marries. What must that person do?) and the Old when you go look as Adam is being awakened to see its own conscience (woman-Eve, made from a riyb 'case at law, contention, strife' in the red earth human- Adam). MAN- the eternal seed beginning to mature into an eternal being.

god is obviously a hermaphrodite with split personality disorder

yup------G-d is an hermaphrodite------grammatically ---in Hebrew. "IT" has both male and female forms----grammatically In English "IT" is always male----grammatically

God creared MAN in his image. Woman was created afterwards, as a companion and helper for Man, not in the image of God.

I agree (that it wasn't difficult to answer); however, that isn't the only question touching on this story in Genesis.

Hilaire Belloc observed, "God created man in His image and likeness and man has been returning the favor ever since." Does God have a wife? Why not ask, "Does God have penis?"

The anthropomorphic notion that God is like us only bigger, part of a hierarchy of super-beings including angels, demons etc. was central in early Judaism. "Thou shalt have no other gods before me," isn't the same idea as the later monotheism which has steadily whittled away at the idea of supernatural society.

I suppose God could be His own wife if He wanted one. Christians believe He is his own Son after all and who is to say that the Holy Spirit isn't a lady?

I agree (that it wasn't difficult to answer); however, that isn't the only question touching on this story in Genesis.

Hilaire Belloc observed, "God created man in His image and likeness and man has been returning the favor ever since." Does God have a wife? Why not ask, "Does God have penis?"

The anthropomorphic notion that God is like us only bigger, part of a hierarchy of super-beings including angels, demons etc. was central in early Judaism. "Thou shalt have no other gods before me," isn't the same idea as the later monotheism which has steadily whittled away at the idea of supernatural society.

I suppose God could be His own wife if He wanted one. Christians believe He is his own Son after all and who is to say that the Holy Spirit isn't a lady?

the holy spirit IS A LADY ---grammatically-------the word itself is "feminine"
that is the one that priests call "the holy ghost"-----she is really GHOSTESS

for the record-----Penelope has her education in Hebrew scriptures from a catechism whore---who told her that adam was supposed to screw a bitch------so saying kinda
excited the nun. In fact the same catechism whore told her that jesus did not marry because he -----had "other propensities"

You didn't read the lesson in post #34, it'd do a jew good to read the NT.

Forum List

Back