'God on Trial'

Delta4Embassy

Gold Member
Dec 12, 2013
Earth
God on Trial - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"God on Trial is a 2008 BBC/WGBH Boston television play written by Frank Cottrell Boyce, starring Antony Sher, Rupert Graves and Jack Shepherd. The play takes place in Auschwitz during World War II. The Jewish prisoners put God on trial in absentia for abandoning the Jewish people. The question is if God has broken his covenant with the Jewish people by allowing the Nazis to commit genocide.[1]

The play is based on an event described by Elie Wiesel in his book The Trial of God, though Boyce describes this tale as "apocryphal".[2] According to Boyce, producer Mark Redhead "had been trying to turn the story into a film for almost 20 years by the time he called me in 2005 to write the screenplay.""

Additional examples:

"Other lawsuits against God[edit]
Main article: Lawsuits against God

The idea of suing God is not unique. In 2008, Nebraska State Senator Ernie Chambers filed suit against God, seeking a "permanent injunction ordering Defendant to cease certain harmful activities and the making of terroristic threats."[10] In fiction, writers such as Fyodor Dostoyevsky have taken up the motif."
The Trial of God - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The problem is God is not a man nor form and so that Essence can't be put on trial without proving it's the opposite nature that caused the suffering, which only validates the necessity to follow the Essence and the messengers who mediate and manifest that Essence of Shalem. This also brings up the warning of the not listening to political prisoners law. So it's not about God not warning us ,it's about us not sharing or obeying the warning and guidance.
Reminds me about that part of my book which later became prophetic with the New Orleans Flood.
In short it was about God providing a bus, then boat, then a copter, each time the man refused the help someone offered saying God will provide not seeing the method in which God was using all along.

The problem is God is not a man nor form and so that Essence can't be put on trial without proving it's the opposite nature that caused the suffering, which only validates the necessity to follow the Essence and the messengers who mediate and manifest that Essence of Shalem. This also beings up the warning of the no listening to political prisoners law. So it's not about God not warning us ,it's about us not sharing or obeying the warning and guidance.
Reminds me about that part of my book which later became prophetic with the New Orleans Flood.
In short it was about God providing a bus, then boat, then a copter, each time the man refused the help someone offered saying God will provide not seeing the method in which God was using all along.

Your book ripped off Aaron Sorkin's "The West Wing" episode "Take The Sabbath Day?" :)

"FATHER CAVANAUGH
You know, you remind me of the man that lived by the river. He heard a radio report
that the river was going to rush up and flood the town. And that all the residents
should evacuate their homes. But the man said, ףIעm religious. I pray. God loves me.
God will save me.פ The waters rose up. A guy in a row boat came along and he shouted,
ףHey, hey you! You in there. The town is flooding. Let me take you to safety.פ But the
man shouted back, ףIעm religious. I pray. God loves me. God will save me.פ A helicopter
was hovering overhead. And a guy with a megaphone shouted, ףHey you, you down there.
The town is flooding. Let me drop this ladder and Iעll take you to safety.פ But the
man shouted back that he was religious, that he prayed, that God loved him and that
God will take him to safety. Well... the man drowned. And standing at the gates of
St. Peter, he demanded an audience with God. ףLord,פ he said, ףIעm a religious man,
I pray. I thought you loved me. Why did this happen?פ God said, ףI sent you a radio
report, a helicopter, and a guy in a rowboat. What the hell are you doing here?"
http://communicationsoffice.tripod.com/1-14.txt

when was that written?
Was that book sent to Pres. Bush before the flood?

oops that means at least 2 people around the same time in at least 2 forms of media relayed a similar theme message to help influence procedures to save people while others warned of a coming disaster to the area (including me) due to the low lying terrain (below sea level). Your reply proves my point, involment is always there it's heeding the warnings and obedience that is the problem.
Furthermore it was Rome who used to use that your god isn't here for you anymore shpiel on many cultures to claim they were the new authority, thus the original racketeering scam claiming they will protect you for payment, but they were the ones you needed protection from.

The question is if God has broken his covenant with the Jewish people by allowing the Nazis to commit genocide.

Humans committing genocide against other humans is far different than God personally reversing creation, destroying the world and reverting it back to chaos.

Forum List

Back