Where's Global Warming

My favorite:
"Poland, 650 of the world's top climatologists stood up and said man-made global warming is a media generated myth without basis. Said climatologist Dr. David Gee, Chairman of the International Geological Congress, "For how many years must the planet cool before we begin to understand that the planet is not warming?""

Where can I see all 650 names of these 650 climatologists? And are they actual working climatologists, or are they mostly economists, medical doctors, retirees, and dead people - like most all similar such claimed lists?

Last edited:
There's the problem ... many have already, and they were *gasp* still ignored even on here.

An example of one of these ignored research reports would be ..... (please fill in blank) ????

Just give me the name of one if you have no link. You'd think that if there was this massive conspiracy to make all evidence against AGW disappear, and that if you realized this, you'd at least bother to write down the names of these reports before they disappear, right? Or you are you just full of shit?

I cited several on the many threads here on the fantasy of GW. One was a study on the ice sheets of Greenland that was a 20+ year study which found that, contrary to the GW crowd belief the their extensive probe data over 20 years did not support the theory that the ice sheets were rapidly melting. Published in the journal Nature last summer, you look it up. There were also Russian studies similarly demonstrating the falseness of the GW claims.

How about you look it up and get back with a more specific reference than "some article in Nature last summer", and until then I'll just assume you're full of crap.

James A Peden is a web and ecommerce designer

Michael Duvinek is a blogger and furniture salesman who fully admits to not taking his work that you linked seriously " I take a rather sarcastic approach to reporting..."

Van Helsing, the author of your third link, is a fictional character from a novel

Your last link is an editorial by John Tomlinson, a conservative columnist

I guess when you said that studies had been ignored, I thought you meant actual scientific studies performed by actual real life scientists, not blog entries written by fictional characters from the book "Dracula"

My bad.

See ... denial, right on cue. None of the sources supporting Global Warming are any more credible ... because every single one of those scientific groups is funded by Gore or a left-wingnut special interest group. The wingnuts (left or right) are just pointless to listen to anyway. Gore however is making a HUGE profit off this Global Warming scare ... so of course anyone he funds will be able to make it look like science agrees on it.

An example of one of these ignored research reports would be ..... (please fill in blank) ????

Just give me the name of one if you have no link. You'd think that if there was this massive conspiracy to make all evidence against AGW disappear, and that if you realized this, you'd at least bother to write down the names of these reports before they disappear, right? Or you are you just full of shit?

I cited several on the many threads here on the fantasy of GW. One was a study on the ice sheets of Greenland that was a 20+ year study which found that, contrary to the GW crowd belief the their extensive probe data over 20 years did not support the theory that the ice sheets were rapidly melting. Published in the journal Nature last summer, you look it up. There were also Russian studies similarly demonstrating the falseness of the GW claims.

How about you look it up and get back with a more specific reference than "some article in Nature last summer", and until then I'll just assume you're full of crap.

Typical response from your ilk. Another lazy grad student. {sigh}

James A Peden is a web and ecommerce designer

Michael Duvinek is a blogger and furniture salesman who fully admits to not taking his work that you linked seriously " I take a rather sarcastic approach to reporting..."

Van Helsing, the author of your third link, is a fictional character from a novel

Your last link is an editorial by John Tomlinson, a conservative columnist

I guess when you said that studies had been ignored, I thought you meant actual scientific studies performed by actual real life scientists, not blog entries written by fictional characters from the book "Dracula"

My bad.

See ... denial, right on cue.

I'm not denying anything. Yes. There are bloggers and economists and fictional characters who claim global warming isn't truth.

I was just under the mistaken impression that when you said there was research disproving global warming, it was research done by scientists with actual degrees in a field of science. Again, like I said, my bad, I guess I just gave you too much credit. Please, return now to getting all of what you know from right wing bloggers.

None of the sources supporting Global Warming are any more credible ... because every single one of those scientific groups is funded by Gore or a left-wingnut special interest group

Which special interest groups funds the Rutherford Appleton Laboratory?

What about the World Radiation Center? Does Al Gore fund that one, or is it a special interest group and what is that group's name?

Roughly what percentage of climate research is funded by Al Gore, and which percent by "left-wingnut special interest groups" ?

. The wingnuts (left or right) are just pointless to listen to anyway. Gore however is making a HUGE profit off this Global Warming scare

How much?

... so of course anyone he funds will be able to make it look like science agrees on it.

Who does he fund?

Typical response from your ilk. Another lazy grad student. {sigh}

You're the one expecting me to do the research to help you to make your argument against me - and you're calling me lazy?

Tell you what - if the article you vaguely claim to exists, then then just tell me the author, journal name, vol. number, page, and year of publication - that's typically how references are done, but citing only the author(s) and year is a bare minimal requirement

You've told me the year and journal name - if I could just at least get the author(s) name(s), that would be great. Otherwise - I steadfastly refuse to accept as evidence anything that was written by someone with no name.

Rutherford Appleton Laboratory, and World Radiation Center are funded by private companies ... most on the lists are those which produce and sell environmentally "friendly" products. So what do you suppose their research is going to help?

Here is a very non-biased source for recycling information which shows what's wrong on both sides:
Recycling Myths Debunked - National Recycling Week - Interesting Recycling Facts - Popular Mechanics

“The attempts of environmentalists to bolster the myth of human-induced global warming is downright immoral.” Philip Stott, Professor of Biogeography, University of London

American Thinker: 'Grantsmanship' Distorts Global Warming Science

I am going to just post these ... again. Why? Because it will make it easier to take the painfull pill of truth. Of course, if you do not watch them all, then you have no grounds to expect anyone else to pay attention to your "facts" either.

[YOUTUBE]JAu68OsFggw[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]5weG9IllCpo[/YOUTUBE]
[YOUTUBE]3InQzsLltHE[/YOUTUBE]

Rutherford Appleton Laboratory, and World Radiation Center are funded by private companies ...

I thought you said all global warming research was funded by either Al Gore or left wingnut special interest groups? Which left wingnut special interest group funds those labs?

most on the lists are those which produce and sell environmentally "friendly" products. So what do you suppose their research is going to help?

On what list are you referring to?

Here is a very non-biased source for recycling information which shows what's wrong on both sides:
Recycling Myths Debunked - National Recycling Week - Interesting Recycling Facts - Popular Mechanics

Sorry, I don't see what the truth or lack of truth of global warming has to do with recycling. yes, if global warming is true, recycling may or may not help or hurt it - but it won't change whether or not its true.

“The attempts of environmentalists to bolster the myth of human-induced global warming is downright immoral.” Philip Stott, Professor of Biogeography, University of London

Stott is retired and hasn't ever published a scholarly article on the climate.

If you've got any peer reviewed and published scientific articles written by real life scientists - I'd love to see them. Until then, just please don't waste my time.

Rutherford Appleton Laboratory, and World Radiation Center are funded by private companies ...

I thought you said all global warming research was funded by either Al Gore or left wingnut special interest groups? Which left wingnut special interest group funds those labs?

most on the lists are those which produce and sell environmentally "friendly" products. So what do you suppose their research is going to help?

On what list are you referring to?

Sorry, I don't see what the truth or lack of truth of global warming has to do with recycling. yes, if global warming is true, recycling may or may not help or hurt it - but it won't change whether or not its true.

Stott is retired and hasn't ever published a scholarly article on the climate.

If you've got any peer reviewed and published scientific articles written by real life scientists - I'd love to see them. Until then, just please don't waste my time.

First ... Gore owns all the "green" producing private companies ... duh ... and special interest groups are often run by companies that want to make their products sell more.

Since you avoided the videos I posted, you obviously don't care about seeing the facts anyway.

First ... Gore owns all the "green" producing private companies ... duh ... and special interest groups are often run by companies that want to make their products sell more.

So you're telling me that Al Gore owns a company which owns the Rutherford Appleton Laboratory? Or are you telling me its owned by a special interest group? What is the name of the company or special interest group that owns it? What about the World Radiation Center? Also Al Gore?

Since you avoided the videos I posted, you obviously don't care about seeing the facts anyway.

If you had facts, you'd have real scientific literature by real scienctists published in real scientific journals, instead of just a bunch of crackpot bloggers, youtube videos, fictional characters, and retirees.

I mean honestly - you posted a blog entry written by some guy named "Van Helsing" as evidence of scientific truth - are you fucking serious?

In Seattle we are experiencing our THIRD snowstorm in as many months, of course it probably won't hang on too long like that last two. So ... even I am now asking: Aren't we suppose to be getting warmer? There's another storm heading from the East to, hitting eastern states that they mentioned. Right now I am seeing an inch fall ... right in downtown.

ugh....everytime there's a cold day or a snowstorm, it gives global warming deniers impetus to advance their, well, denials.

The climate is warming slowly. It's not supposed to be overnight. Scientists anticipate at least a 2 degree (Celsius) jump for the average global temperature by the second half of this century, but it could be far more than that. It's an urgent problem, but it doesn't mean that winter is over yet. Cold days and snow storms still happen for the time being, but if you keep track of the amount of days (per year) when the daytime high never reaches above freezing point (32 F) -in places where winter temperatures are supposed to almost always be below freezing point, like most of the northern USA- you'll probably notice that number of freezing days dwindling over the years. That's certainly what's happening here in Chicago, where I live. We still get snow and bitter cold days, but the number of days below freezing point is fewer than what I remember growing up. This season, we had a pretty normal December and January, with cold days and ample snow, but February this year has been unseasonably warm. And I'm not talking about a few days here or there; I'm talking about the entire month of February. Right now, as we speak, it feels like early spring outside. It feels like it's the last week of March. Yesterday I didn't need a jacket in the afternoon; it's not supposed to be like this for at least another month. And back in the fall, the leaves started changing colors later than normal. For about 2 years in a row, October felt more like September, and November felt more like October. But you know, when warm winter days like this occur (and they occur more and more often), the global warming deniers go into hiding. But when a snow storm hits the news, then all the deniers have a party, and go on their usual evirosceptic rampage. But where are all the deniers on a warm day like today? The sad reality is that according to NASA, the ten warmest years on record as of January 2008 had all ocurred after 1998. Yikes! But leave it to global warming deniers to downplay science and go into hiding on warm days like today.

There's a lot of industries out there tied to fossil fuels who have hired the same PR folks who were employed in the 1980s to deny the negative health effects of smoking. These PR firms are now working hard to mislead the public; they're trying to create the impression that scientists are in disagreement with each other global warming and its causes, and they're also trying to create the impression that evidence used by scientists is murky. Don't fall for this bullshit, folks. You might come across some news articles that present "new evidence" suggesting that global warming may not be happening, but know that these sceptic articles are fabricated by the PR firms, and not a single sceptic article has ever been published in a scientific peer-reviewed journal.

First, don't quote NASA as a reference for GW. They have been exposed as cooking the numbers to support this whacko warming nonsense. Why, political agenda of the folks in that department. This is about control nothing more or less than that.

Second, it would make sense if it was a few less cold days per year. That would support your argument. But, in fact, what people all over the country have been treated to, especially the last two winters, is colder than normal temps. In the DC area we had the 13th coldest winter on record here. THIS YEAR! We the Potomac was frozen over for weeks this winter for the first time since I moved back here in 1991.

I know, I know.....who am I going to believe you or my lying eyes. :cuckoo::banghead:

It is not your eys lying, it is your mouth. NASA just happens to be one agency in one nation monitoring global warming. The European Nations Science Academies, and their equivelent to NASA all have similar numbers to NASA. As does Japan's and China's equivelent agencies. In fact, the fact remains there is not one scientific society, not one National Academy of Science, or one major university in the world that agrees with you.

Kitten, I have over 65 years spent in the Pacific Northwest. Oregon and Washington, both Eastside and Westside. No, winters are not colder than they were in my youth in either place. In fact, for Eastern Oregon, they are much warmer. For Western Oregon and Washington, generally warmer, with much warmer falls and winters.

So you're telling me that Al Gore owns a company which owns the Rutherford Appleton Laboratory? Or are you telling me its owned by a special interest group? What is the name of the company or special interest group that owns it? What about the World Radiation Center? Also Al Gore?

If you had facts, you'd have real scientific literature by real scienctists published in real scientific journals, instead of just a bunch of crackpot bloggers, youtube videos, fictional characters, and retirees.

I mean honestly - you posted a blog entry written by some guy named "Van Helsing" as evidence of scientific truth - are you fucking serious?

Watch the clips from a nationally aired TV show ... just because you don't want to see the truths they will show you doesn't make them less true.

If you had facts, you'd have real scientific literature by real scienctists published in real scientific journals.

No one can take anything you say until you review the opposite side, so watch the clips or prove you are ignoring all opposing arguments thus making your points completely invalid.

The sad fact is that most of the so-called dissenting scientists have been pretty fictional. Here are some of the shenanigans these people engage in.

Petitions
In 1997, the “World Scientists Call For Action” petition was presented to world leaders meeting to negotiate the Kyoto Protocol. The declaration asserted, “A broad consensus among the world's climatologists is that there is now ‘a discernible human influence on global climate.’" It urged governments to make “legally binding commitments to reduce industrial nations' emissions of heat-trapping gases”, and called global warming “one of the most serious threats to the planet and to future generations.”[54] The petition was conceived by the Union of Concerned Scientists as a follow up to their 1992 World Scientists' Warning to Humanity, and was signed by “more than 1,500 of the world's most distinguished senior scientists, including the majority of Nobel laureates in science”[55][56]

To support his claim of a lack of consensus, the website of prominent skeptic Fred Singer's Science and Environmental Policy Project (SEPP) lists four petitions. According to SEPP, these petitions show that "the number of scientists refuting global warming is growing."[57] The petitions are:

The 1992 "Statement by Atmospheric Scientists on Greenhouse Warming," signed by 47 scientists, claims "such policy initiatives [those concerning the Earth Summit scheduled to convene in Brazil in June 1992] derive from highly uncertain scientific theories. They are based on the unsupported assumption that catastrophic global warming follows from the burning of fossil fuels and requires immediate action. We do not agree."[58]
The "Heidelberg Appeal" (also from 1992), signed by over 4000 scientists including 72 Nobel Prize winners.[59] This appeal makes no mention of climate change or any other specific environmental issue, but is essentially a plea for policy based on "scientific criteria and not on irrational preconceptions".
Singer's "Leipzig Declaration on Global Climate Change" (1995 and 1997). Critics point out that most of the signatories lack credentials in the specific field of climate research or even physical science in general.[60] Followup interviews found at least twelve signers who denied having signed the Declaration or had never heard of it.[61]
The "Oregon Petition", self-signed and unverified by third party, was started in 1998 by physicist Frederick Seitz, past president of the United States National Academy of Sciences. The identical petition card was circulated again in late 2007 and Arthur B. Robinson presented the petition of 31,000 claimed signatories in Washington DC on May 19, 2008.[62] Critics point out that many of the signatories of the petition lack a background in climate-related sciences[63] and that the petition itself mentions only "catastrophic heating" and not the broader issue of global warming. The petition's website claims that all of the 31,000 signatories are qualified scientists with "technical training suitable for the evaluation of the relevant research data."[64] However, anyone with a degree was entitled to sign the list and this would therefore include many who are not qualified to evaluate the complex data and modelling involved.[65]
In April 2006, a group describing itself as "sixty scientists" signed an open letter[66] to the Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper to ask that he revisit the science of global warming and "Open Kyoto to debate." As with the earlier statements, critics pointed out that many of the signatories were non-scientists or lacked relevant scientific backgrounds.[67] For example, the group included David Wojick, a journalist, and Benny Peiser, a social anthropologist. More than half the signatories cited past or emeritus positions as their main appointments. Only two (Richard Lindzen and Roy Spencer) indicated current appointments in a university department or a recognized research institute in climate science.[68] One of the signatories has since publicly recanted, stating that his signature was obtained by deception regarding the content of the letter.[69] In response shortly afterward another open letter to Prime Minister Harper endorsing the IPCC report and calling for action on climate change was prepared by Gordon McBean and signed by 90 Canadian climate scientists initially, plus 30 more who endorsed it after its release.[70][71]
Global warming controversy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Rocks, same goes for you. Until you are willing to see the opposing side then you are not debating, instead you are just posting what you WANT to see.

Antarctic warming worse than thought, melting glaciers could raise sea levels over 3 feet
By ELIANE ENGELER | Associated Press | Feb 25, 09 7:42 AM CST

Antarctic glaciers are melting faster across a much wider area than previously thought, scientists said Wednesday _ a development that could lead to an unprecedented rise in sea levels.

Ken Pedersen, expedition leader at the Norwegian Troll Research Station in Antarctica, briefs a group of visiting environment ministers and other representatives from more than a dozen nations on Monday,... (Associated Press)

A member of a group of a group of visiting environment ministers and other representatives from more than a dozen nations gazes up at the monumental rock towers rising from 1,500-foot-deep ice sheets... (Associated Press)

A report by thousands of scientists for the 2007-2008 International Polar Year concluded that the western part of the continent is warming up, not just the Antarctic Peninsula.

Previously most of the warming was thought to occur on the narrow stretch pointing toward South America, said Colin Summerhayes, executive director of the Britain-based Scientific Committee on Antarctic Research and a member of International Polar Year's steering committee.

But satellite data and automated weather stations indicate otherwise.

"The warming we see in the peninsula also extends all the way down to what is called west Antarctica," Summerhayes told The Associated Press. "That's unusual and unexpected."

Antarctic warming worse than thought, melting glaciers could raise sea levels over 3 feet - 2/25/2009 7:42:14 AM | Newser

If you had facts, you'd have real scientific literature by real scienctists published in real scientific journals.

No one can take anything you say until you review the opposite side, so watch the clips or prove you are ignoring all opposing arguments thus making your points completely invalid.

Sorry, P&T already gathered enough for me, I just don't feel like filtering through all the crap myself, so again, your "facts" are no less proven but by not watching it you are only proving that even if the truth was right in front of you, you would never see it. What are you afraid of, that you will have a heart attack once you see the light?

Forum List

Back