Where's Global Warming

In Seattle we are experiencing our THIRD snowstorm in as many months, of course it probably won't hang on too long like that last two. So ... even I am now asking: Aren't we suppose to be getting warmer? There's another storm heading from the East to, hitting eastern states that they mentioned. Right now I am seeing an inch fall ... right in downtown.

No... think of climate change as an uncontrolled experiment - so it might get really warm, really fast, it might just make weather far less predictable, more extreme - or far colder... we'll see.

I unfortunately think the leadership of some nations wants climate change... more strife, war, security, more power in the hands of those who are 'strong' etc. Less undesirables in those poor third world nations... albeit a racist and shitty version of the future IMO, but look at actions not words and you might just agree.

You mention "climate change" as if this is some new or different thing. Could you please link to the reference time when the climate was "static" and unchanging?

In Seattle we are experiencing our THIRD snowstorm in as many months, of course it probably won't hang on too long like that last two. So ... even I am now asking: Aren't we suppose to be getting warmer? There's another storm heading from the East to, hitting eastern states that they mentioned. Right now I am seeing an inch fall ... right in downtown.

No... think of climate change as an uncontrolled experiment - so it might get really warm, really fast, it might just make weather far less predictable, more extreme - or far colder... we'll see.

I unfortunately think the leadership of some nations wants climate change... more strife, war, security, more power in the hands of those who are 'strong' etc. Less undesirables in those poor third world nations... albeit a racist and shitty version of the future IMO, but look at actions not words and you might just agree.

You mention "climate change" as if this is some new or different thing. Could you please link to the reference time when the climate was "static" and unchanging?

Or at least that says its SUPPOSE to be, that's the point they miss.

ugh....everytime there's a cold day or a snowstorm, it gives global warming deniers impetus to advance their, well, denials.

The climate is warming slowly. It's not supposed to be overnight. Scientists anticipate at least a 2 degree (Celsius) jump for the average global temperature by the second half of this century, but it could be far more than that. It's an urgent problem, but it doesn't mean that winter is over yet. Cold days and snow storms still happen for the time being, but if you keep track of the amount of days (per year) when the daytime high never reaches above freezing point (32 F) -in places where winter temperatures are supposed to almost always be below freezing point, like most of the northern USA- you'll probably notice that number of freezing days dwindling over the years. That's certainly what's happening here in Chicago, where I live. We still get snow and bitter cold days, but the number of days below freezing point is fewer than what I remember growing up. This season, we had a pretty normal December and January, with cold days and ample snow, but February this year has been unseasonably warm. And I'm not talking about a few days here or there; I'm talking about the entire month of February. Right now, as we speak, it feels like early spring outside. It feels like it's the last week of March. Yesterday I didn't need a jacket in the afternoon; it's not supposed to be like this for at least another month. And back in the fall, the leaves started changing colors later than normal. For about 2 years in a row, October felt more like September, and November felt more like October. But you know, when warm winter days like this occur (and they occur more and more often), the global warming deniers go into hiding. But when a snow storm hits the news, then all the deniers have a party, and go on their usual evirosceptic rampage. But where are all the deniers on a warm day like today? The sad reality is that according to NASA, the ten warmest years on record as of January 2008 had all ocurred after 1998. Yikes! But leave it to global warming deniers to downplay science and go into hiding on warm days like today.

There's a lot of industries out there tied to fossil fuels who have hired the same PR folks who were employed in the 1980s to deny the negative health effects of smoking. These PR firms are now working hard to mislead the public; they're trying to create the impression that scientists are in disagreement with each other global warming and its causes, and they're also trying to create the impression that evidence used by scientists is murky. Don't fall for this bullshit, folks. You might come across some news articles that present "new evidence" suggesting that global warming may not be happening, but know that these sceptic articles are fabricated by the PR firms, and not a single sceptic article has ever been published in a scientific peer-reviewed journal.

First, don't quote NASA as a reference for GW. They have been exposed as cooking the numbers to support this whacko warming nonsense. Why, political agenda of the folks in that department. This is about control nothing more or less than that.

Second, it would make sense if it was a few less cold days per year. That would support your argument. But, in fact, what people all over the country have been treated to, especially the last two winters, is colder than normal temps. In the DC area we had the 13th coldest winter on record here. THIS YEAR! We the Potomac was frozen over for weeks this winter for the first time since I moved back here in 1991.

I know, I know.....who am I going to believe you or my lying eyes. :cuckoo::banghead:

They have been exposed as cooking the numbers to support this whacko warming nonsense.

I know its kind of pointless because factual truth isn't relevant to you, but the above statement is not correct.

Second, it would make sense if it was a few less cold days per year. That would support your argument. But, in fact, what people all over the country have been treated to, especially the last two winters, is colder than normal temps. In the DC area we had the 13th coldest winter on record here. THIS YEAR! We the Potomac was frozen over for weeks this winter for the first time since I moved back here in 1991.

Again - I know facts don't really matter much, but I would point out that since GLOBAL warming is the issue here, perhaps you should have pointed out its only the 141st or so coldest year GLOBALLY on record.

Actually ... they have been proven to be altering the data ... though not in how it sounds. They environuts simply ignored most of the reports. The original one that started the whole mess was even covered with mostly black, entire sections of the report were blacked out by ... Gore of all people, to make it look like his claims were right. Once the money shifted and new special interest groups got funding from companies owned by Gore they of course jumped on the band wagon, as did all the researchers paid by the government. Ever notice that all the scientists that "support" this Global Warming craze are funded by governments ... particularly those governments whose countries produce "green" products (which according to independent studies have been shown to be worse for the environment). Also look into what is happening to independent environmental studies ... they mysteriously vanish or are ignored. Then look at those who once worked in the groups that support Global Warming, almost every single one comes out after leaving on their own and denounce the findings. Even astronauts ... so .. really. The information to support Global Warming is more credible than all the information which shows it's all phony how?

Also look into what is happening to independent environmental studies ... they mysteriously vanish or are ignored.

Examples please.

Okay ... yeah ... I am suppose to give you links to studies that vanished ... I may as well bring back those jets that vanished in the Bermuda Triangle while I'm at it.

That's why they vanish, so people can't stand up to the environazis with their science. So instead we have used logic, but that isn't something environazis acknowledge anyway.

Also look into what is happening to independent environmental studies ... they mysteriously vanish or are ignored.

Examples please.

Okay ... yeah ... I am suppose to give you links to studies that vanished

No, you can give me ones to the studies that were ignored instead if you like.

... I may as well bring back those jets that vanished in the Bermuda Triangle while I'm at it.

You might - but that wouldn't help you prove your point.

That's why they vanish, so people can't stand up to the environazis with their science. So instead we have used logic, but that isn't something environazis acknowledge anyway.

I'm sorry, but I prefer to argue over only things which can verified at least to an extent further than "trust me because I'm some random guy on USMB that knows the truth".

So when you have any real, objectively verifiable facts, get back to me. Otherwise, I'll just assume you're full of shit.

Examples please.

... I may as well bring back those jets that vanished in the Bermuda Triangle while I'm at it.

I'm sorry, but I prefer to argue over only things which can verified at least to an extent further than "trust me because I'm some random guy on USMB that knows the truth".

So when you have any real, objectively verifiable facts, get back to me. Otherwise, I'll just assume you're full of shit.

There's the problem ... many have already, and they were *gasp* still ignored even on here.

There's the problem ... many have already, and they were *gasp* still ignored even on here.

An example of one of these ignored research reports would be ..... (please fill in blank) ????

Just give me the name of one if you have no link. You'd think that if there was this massive conspiracy to make all evidence against AGW disappear, and that if you realized this, you'd at least bother to write down the names of these reports before they disappear, right? Or you are you just full of shit?

My favorite:
"Poland, 650 of the world's top climatologists stood up and said man-made global warming is a media generated myth without basis. Said climatologist Dr. David Gee, Chairman of the International Geological Congress, "For how many years must the planet cool before we begin to understand that the planet is not warming?""

An example of one of these ignored research reports would be ..... (please fill in blank) ????

Just give me the name of one if you have no link. You'd think that if there was this massive conspiracy to make all evidence against AGW disappear, and that if you realized this, you'd at least bother to write down the names of these reports before they disappear, right? Or you are you just full of shit?

I cited several on the many threads here on the fantasy of GW. One was a study on the ice sheets of Greenland that was a 20+ year study which found that, contrary to the GW crowd belief the their extensive probe data over 20 years did not support the theory that the ice sheets were rapidly melting. Published in the journal Nature last summer, you look it up. There were also Russian studies similarly demonstrating the falseness of the GW claims.

That's what I got off the top....if you want to find this stuff, it really isn't that hard. You just need to look for stuff contra to your opinion. I know it's easier to find stuff to echo your beliefs, but why don't you try looking for the other side?

James A Peden is a web and ecommerce designer

Michael Duvinek is a blogger and furniture salesman who fully admits to not taking his work that you linked seriously " I take a rather sarcastic approach to reporting..."

Van Helsing, the author of your third link, is a fictional character from a novel

Your last link is an editorial by John Tomlinson, a conservative columnist

I guess when you said that studies had been ignored, I thought you meant actual scientific studies performed by actual real life scientists, not blog entries written by fictional characters from the book "Dracula"

My bad.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back